"Snooze You Lose" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season ten. In this episode, Squidward is so tired that SpongeBob and Patrick cannot wake him up, but they will not let him miss his big audition.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Octavius Rex
- Fred (cameo)
- Orchid (cameo)
- Maestro Mackerel (debut)
- Lab Squidward (debut)
- Richard (cameo)
- Con Man (cameo)
- Herb Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Margie Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Freak Magician
Squidward, who is very tired, starts his night time routine. He drinks some warm milk, turns on his noise maker (which makes a bubbling sound), dims the lights, sings himself a lullaby: "Sleep, little Squidward, catch some winks. Everything and everyone clearly stinks," and attempts to sleep. He then gets quickly woken up by a giant, loud burp caused by SpongeBob and Patrick drinking a large amount of soda, which SpongeBob and Patrick both laugh at. Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop and that he hasn't slept for three days. He also tells him that he has to be ready for the Bikini Bottom Philharmonic auditions. SpongeBob tells Squidward to take a walk, and Squidward decides to follow his advice. He finishes his walk and goes to SpongeBob's pineapple, thinking that it's his moai. SpongeBob turns into a bed, and Patrick and Gary joins with Squidward sleeping on SpongeBob.
The next morning, the gang has woken up, with the exception of Squidward. SpongeBob and Patrick try to wake him up, but to no avail. The two later made Lab Squidward, but unfortunately crashes outside the lab and wreaks havoc to the town. Patrick later gets the idea of crawling up Squidward and playing him like a puppet. Later on, the two got ready to control Squidward's body. The two play around with Squidward's body for a while, then they both leave (while in Squidward's body) for the Philharmonic. While doing so, they have trampled on several people and crash a car. A police officer tells the two that the place is a "no-dancing zone".
SpongeBob realizes he doesn't know where the concert hall is. He later asks an old lady where the concert hall is. While doing so, they catch up the attention of several people. SpongeBob sees a bus that leads to the concert hall and boards it.
The two arrive at the concert hall for the audition, with Octavius Rex and the conductor inside it. While entering the concert hall, the two made a big mess on the stage. SpongeBob asks where Squidward's clarinet is, and Patrick says it was on his backside. The two has made Squidward play the clarinet, at first terrible and off-tune (which led to the conductor calling in the next person) but later plays it well, much to the surprise of the two. In the middle of the audition, Squidward wakes up, and is surprised to see he is at the audition. Squidward later finds out that the SpongeBob and Patrick were inside of him, and later spits them out of his body.
The conductor has later called Squidward a "musical genius", much to the happiness of Squidward. He later plays (without the two's control) and the two gets irritated by it. The screens cuts to the bus, with SpongeBob and Patrick sleeping beside Squidward. Squidward later sees Lab Squidward wreaking terror in the city while oddly playing a "clarinet" (in reality just a house), oddly much to the joy of the townsfolk.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob drinks soda, then burps.]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I haven't slept for three days!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward takes SpongeBob's advice.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob jumps toward Patrick to avoid him drinking more soda.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stuffs a pillow in Patrick's mouth.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick swallows the pillow.]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward taking a walk.]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward appears at SpongeBob's house unintentionally.]
‣ Aloha Eo - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward and Gary fall asleep.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [The next morning.]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green ["This isn't my rug! Where am I?!"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob and Patrick trying to wake up Squidward.]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick playing rock guitars.]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 - Harry Lubin ["Patrick, this is bad."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You are a genius!"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick create another Squidward in a lab.]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["It didn't work."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yours."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - SpongeBob and Patrick get inside Squidward's body.
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick walk to the town inside Squidward.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're in a no-dancing zone."]
‣ Air Power - Sidney Sager [SpongeBob puts on his propeller hat and goggles.]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [A crowd of people gather around Squidward.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob notices the bus to the concert hall.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick get on the bus inside Squidward/Driver closes the bus door.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Moments later...]
‣ ? [Exterior of concert hall.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 7 - SpongeBob and Patrick get at the concert hall inside Squidward.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob searches through Squidward's brain.]
‣ Gracious Mood for Clarinet - Otto Sieben [Squidward playing clarinet well because of SpongeBob.]
‣ Tension Bits - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield, Nicolas Carr [Squidward spits out SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["A magical, musical wizard!"]
‣ Fanfares 18 C Maj - Marcin Pospieszalski ["Yes, yes! Bring us to ecstasy, maestro!"]
‣ Unknown Track 9 - "I envy you, common people."
‣ Baroque Fin 22 C Maj - Marcin Pospieszalski ["For I am in complete control!"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing the clarinet very badly.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Later...]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Lab Squidward playing clarinet.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of September 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.7/10 based on 136 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 7.8/10 based on 5 votes.
- The title card for this episode is similar to the one for "Mooncation."
- This episode, along with its sister, is dedicated to Barry Anthony Trop, a former music composer for the show (1952-2016).
- This is the second episode in which a character notices characters literally inside their head, in this case Squidward saw SpongeBob and Patrick in his head. The first was "Plankton!," when SpongeBob notices Plankton inside his head.
- This may or may not be the second episode to use a timecard twice after "Sun Bleached."
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick go inside Squidward's body. The first was "Squidtastic Voyage."
- This is the ninth episode where SpongeBob gets a black eye.
- Gary's Food Bowl is used as a popcorn bowl in this episode.
- This episode is set after 2012 because one woman in the background was talking on a smartphone, and smartphones are almost completely a common thing since after 2012.
- This and "Krusty Katering" are the last episodes aired to use the 2009-2017 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
- Apparently, Lab Squidward can make better clarinet sounds than actual Squidward.
- This episode premiered 17 years after the premiere of "Help Wanted," "Tea at the Treedome," and "Reef Blower" in Canada, 14 years after the release of "Lost at Sea," "Anchors Away," and "The Sponge Who Could Fly VHS," 11 years after "Squeaky Boots" premiered in China, nine years after "Not Normal" premiered, and two years after The SpongeBob Movie Game: Sponge on the Run updated for the second time and "Plankton's Pet" premiered in Germany and Poland.
- This episode premiered in Canada 12 years after the premiere of "The Lost Mattress" and "Krabs vs. Plankton," seven years after the premiere of "Pet or Pests" and "Komputer Overload" in Poland, four years after "Are You Happy Now?" premiered in Poland, three years after the premiere of "Chocolate with Nuts" and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" in Poland, and two years after the release of "SpongeBob Comics #44" and "SpongeBob's Game Frenzy."
- This episode premiered in Russia and Turkey 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in theaters in Russia, Singapore, and the Czech Republic, eight years after "Toy Store of Doom" premiered and two years after the tenth clip of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released online.
- This episode premiered in the UK on October 4, 2017, exactly seven months after it premiered in the United States.
- This episode was paired up with "Planet of the Jellyfish" for the Massive Monster Mayhem marathon on Nicktoons.
- Richard from “Graveyard Shift” can be seen in the crowd that surrounds Squidward.
- "Gustav Mollusk's Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor" is a parody of "Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor."
- Maestro Mackerel is a parody of Terence Fletcher, a brutal conductor in the film "Whiplash." In fact, they are both portrayed by J.K Simmons. Simmons even won the Academy Award as the latter.
- When Orchid is talking on her phone, it can be a resemblance to Lori Loud from The Loud House.
- When Squidward is at SpongeBob's house entrance and mistakes it for his home, after the camera zooms out, Squidward's real home is nowhere to be found despite not being that far from SpongeBob's home.