- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Margie Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sandy's robot
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Jennifer Millie
- Construction Worker
- The Bubble Poppin' Boys
- New Kelpers
After being called a nuisance by all his friends, SpongeBob SquarePants vows to leave Bikini Bottom forever. Along his way, he falls and bumps his head. Suddenly he can't remember anything, not even his own name! He stumbles into New Kelp City, overthrows a ruthless gang of anti-bubble-blowing thugs, and is elected mayor!
- The differences between this book and the episode are:
- In the episode, there is a scene with the mailman. The scene is not in the book.
- The episode has two cutaway gags, both of which are not in the book.
- In the book, Patrick appears to be on the road. In the episode, he is near his house.
- In the episode, Patrick mentions that it took him all day to make the cake. It is not in the book.
- In the episode, SpongeBob's friends called him "Idiot Boy." This name is not used in the book.
- In the episode, Patrick calls SpongeBob "idiot boy," but in the book, he tells him, "Thanks a lot. Now please just go away!"
- In the episode, it was the fact that SpongeBob woke Squidward up that made him slam the door, but in the book, Squidward just inexplicably slammed the door in his face.
- The book does not show the scene where Sandy completes the robot, which is featured in the episode.
- The episode shows SpongeBob trying to explain. This is not in the book.
- In the episode, Sandy tells SpongeBob, "Get out of here!" The book has her saying "Just GO!"
- The Mr. and Mrs. Dollar element from the episode is not in the book.
- In the episode, there is a scene with SpongeBob leaving his pineapple. In the book, this scene is taken out.
- In the book, it is the falling that causes SpongeBob to get memory loss. In the episode, it is the hobo stick.
- The element of the hot sauce for Patrick's milkshake from the episode is not in the book.
- In the episode, Sandy bumps into Gary, but the book does not feature this.
- In the episode, Sandy sees the note, but in the book, Gary tells Sandy about the note.
- SpongeBob finding out that he is CheeseHead BrownPants and the scene where Sandy and Patrick go to the Krusty Krab in the episode are swapped in the book. The scene after SpongeBob enters New Kelp City is also combined with the scene where Sandy and Patrick go to the Krusty Krab.
- In the episode, Mr. Krabs kicks everyone out of the Krusty Krab, but in the book, this does not happen.
- In the episode, there is a scene with Sandy's Sponge-Tracker. This is not in the book.
- In the episode, after Mr. Krabs says that Squidward would be out of a job, Squidward does not care and starts to walk out, but is stopped because Mr. Krabs' offers him a jewel-encrusted ornamental egg as a retirement gift and says that he cannot get it if he does find SpongeBob, but in the book, Mr. Krabs just offers the egg as a reward for finding SpongeBob.
- Since the two Krusty Krab scenes were combined, the two SpongeBob scenes mentioned above were also combined in the book.
- In the episode, Harold says, "Oh, we thought you were taking a dirt nap, but we organized your clothes for you... SpongeBob," but in the book, he says, "These are your brown pants, aren't they?"
- In the episode, SpongeBob responds by asking if Harold is talking to him. Harold then shows SpongeBob's Name Tag to him and asks if that is his name. SpongeBob then says, "All I know is that I hit my head on some rocks!" In the book, he responds by saying, "I can't remember. I don't even know my name. All I know is that I hit my head and woke up here."
- In the episode, Harold tells SpongeBob that the pants are not his and that his name is "CheeseHead BrownPants." In the book, Harold just says that they will call him "CheeseHead BrownPants."
- In the episode, he starts blowing the bubbles after he got to the video game store. After he blows the first bubble, everyone runs away and The Bubble Poppin' Boys show up. In the book, he just walks around the city, blows bubbles, and the Bubble Poppin' Boys show up.
- In the episode, there is a part where SpongeBob says that he thinks that he would remember an underwater, talking weasel and where Patrick shows that SpongeBob has a tattoo with Patrick. This part is not in the book.
- In the episode, after the egg hits SpongeBob and he gets his memory back, SpongeBob says that he has to get back to New Kelp City, but a newscast stops him from doing so. In the book, he just goes back to work after being hit on the head with the egg.
- In this book, Sandy can understand snail.
- Unlike the episode version, the image for when SpongeBob was in Sandy's treedome shows him with a one-holed water helmet, which means it should not have been possible to slash water from his helmet.