"Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, SpongeBob and his pals get trapped in the Bikini Bottom Triangle.
One night in Bikini Bottom, a mysterious fog appears and the voices of mermaids are heard singing. That morning, SpongeBob realizes his alarm clock, Gary's shell, Squidward's clarinet, Patrick's cuff links, and Mr. Krabs are missing. While investigating, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick are sucked into the triangle. They find Mr. Krabs, who tells them that he loves all the piles of "resellable stuff." He realizes that Pearl is left alone at the Krusty Krab with all his money, but she gets transported to the triangle too.
Pearl and Squidward relax, Mr. Krabs looks for change, and SpongeBob and Patrick look for the mermaids. The mermaid quintet only knows how to "surround themselves with cool new stuff" whenever they feel like. They call SpongeBob's dilemma "TNOP" (totally not our problem). SpongeBob then quickly says upon return, "Unfortunately, I was unable to get the information from the aauugh," and being noticeably tired, he simply collapses. Mr. Krabs realizes SpongeBob desperately needs a Krabby Patty. He finds one close by and feeds it to SpongeBob. He then wonders who makes that Krabby Patty. Suspecting that Plankton might have stolen the formula, Mr. Krabs intends on getting back to the Krusty Krab as soon as possible.
The whole group goes to the mermaids, Pearl wants to go to the mall, and the mermaids want to go too. SpongeBob has an idea and hypothesizes that if the mermaids sing their song backwards, it will also reverse the effects of the vacuum, and so the mermaids begin to sing backwards. They get sucked back to Bikini Bottom. Pearl and the mermaids run to the mall while everyone else looks into the pile to find all of their missing things. While everyone is reclaiming their property, Mr. Krabs wants to see whether Plankton is actually trying to steal the formula again. He finds Charles who SpongeBob met earlier, cooking the Patties on the grill. It seemed that he caught Plankton trying to steal the formula himself. Patrick finds his cuff links and puts it on his tuxedo. He says to the driver "Home, Reginald" and then steps inside the limo and drives off.
SpongeBob tell Patrick he dropped his cummerbund as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Out of the Crypt - Harry Lubin [Title card]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - opening
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [the next morning]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, where's my alarm clock?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phil Green [Gary's shell missing]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ ? ["Reporting for duty, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs' office is empty]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob looking for Mr. Krabs]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [sea captain talks about Bikini Bottom Triangle]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - Mermaids' song
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob and Squidward scream as they ascend]
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Gumball machine]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob eating gum]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Squidward in the Bikini Bottom Triangle]
‣ Unknown Track 30 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Mr. Krabs is gone."]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling [Krabs being massaged]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Krabs explains]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - Mermaids' song again.
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Avalanche of everything]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick!"]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["Oh, me sweet little girl, all alone..."]
‣ Lovely Scenery (c) - Mladen Franko ["...with me cash register!"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["Get me out of this trash heap!"]
‣ Marvellous Singers - Marc Durst [mermaids revealed]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - mermaids start to sing
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Um, can I help you?"]
‣ Unknown Track 9 - "Little one? How dare you, sir."
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob passes out]
‣ Unknown Track 9 - dime falls into Krabs' pants
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["SpongeBob, can you hear me?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Your Krabby Patty meter's on empty!"]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - mermaids' song again.
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["...Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr [fanfare]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Wait a minute, I didn't make that Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["So... how do we get out of here?"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I think you don't know how to talk to the ladies."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["So there's really no way out of this place?"]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Pearl explains what a mall is]
‣ Unknown Track 84 - mermaids' song backwards
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [vacuum reversed]
‣ Magic Potion 1 [#95] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Pearl and mermaids go to the mall]
‣ Hawaiian Party - Peter Dennis ["Hello, miserable life, I'm back."]
‣ Attack - Tony Hymas [Krabs goes into the kitchen]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [sea captain cooking patties]
‣ Curtain-Raiser - Alan Braden [ending]
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 73 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.4/10 based on 131 votes.
- The Bikini Bottom Triangle is an obvious spoof of the notorious Bermuda Triangle.
- The singing mermaids may be a reference to the Sirens in Greek mythology.
- When SpongeBob eats the Krabby Patty, the reaction was similar to A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
- One of the mermaids made a reference to "Freakazoid!," a 1990s animated series produced by Amblin Entertainment's Steven Spielberg.
- In the scene where Squidward gets his head stuck in the gumball machine, he looked a lot like Benson from Regular Show which may have been a possible reference. Additionally, both Squidward and Benson are grumpy and can be angered easily.
- When Mr. Krabs said, "So it must have been that rotten pipsqueak, Plankton," for at least a split second, his left sleeve turned red.
- After SpongeBob finds Mr. Krabs, they go to the vacuum.
- Before the things came out, Mr. Krabs had only a towel on. When he popped out of the things, he has clothes.
- Charles said, "And POOF!!!!!! Your cuff links are gone. Never to return!!!" to SpongeBob, instead of to Patrick.
- When Pearl is working at the Krusty Krab, Patrick is heard speaking in the background but he isn't seen.
- SpongeBob forgot to look for Gary's shell and his alarm clock.
- Squidward also forgot to look for his clarinet, too.
- When Mr. Krabs was worried about Pearl being alone with his cash register, it can be seen next to him.