is a Walking Small episode from SpongeBob SquarePants season one. In this episode, Plankton tricks SpongeBob into becoming assertive so he can build his Mega Bucket.
Goo Lagoon, Plankton arrives to turn the beach into the future site of the " Chum Bucket Mega Bucket", and demands everyone to leave the beach. However, due to his tiny size and small voice even his bulldozer is slow, no one listens to him. He concludes that he needs someone big to help clear the sea creatures of the beach for him, and encounters SpongeBob. Plankton decides to trick SpongeBob into being "assertive" in order to get the things that he wants. At first this doesn't work, as SpongeBob is naturally kind and naive. Plankton decides to give up, but SpongeBob promises to prove to him his ability to be assertive. Plankton gives SpongeBob another chance, and this time is successful in teaching him how to be mean. After a series of cruel and rude actions by SpongeBob, such as stealing everyone's hot dogs and popping a volleyball, everyone leaves the beach. Plankton then reveals his true intentions to SpongeBob, making him very upset. SpongeBob defeats Plankton by becoming "aggressively nice" performing kind actions that attract the people back to the beach. Plankton leaves the beach, disgusted by the overwhelming amounts of kindness.
( Associated production music ‣ )
( Original music • )
( SpongeBob music ◦ )
‣ Chill Out - The Surfdusters [title card]
‣ Gruesome - The Surfdusters [Plankton talking on megaphone]
‣ Static Time - John Scott ["You'll see! You'll all see!"]
‣ Hilo March - The Hawaiian Serenaders [stepping on the beach]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [Plankton crying]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Isn't it great to get the things you desire?"]
‣ The Nightmare Begins (a) - John Devereaux [Plankton laughs evilly]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["Um, excuse me, sir."]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["There's the guy who took your ice cream."]
‣ Zelle 506 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton threatening the eel]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["...when you're maniacal?!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [later...]
‣ Italian Summer - Hendric Haydegg [metal detector]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer ["Oh, nothing, SpongeBob."]
? ‣ [rimshot]
‣ Cravin' the Big Wave - Vince Caputo, Tom Hedden, David Robidoux [SpongeBob shakes sand off his towel]
‣ Brave and Bold - Chris Payne, Paul Rogers [hot dog stand]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor F. Narholz [kite flyers]
‣ Unpreventable - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob pops the volleyball]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Plankton?"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Mega Bucket?!"]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["You used me... for land development!"]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox ["Only aggressive people conquer the world!"]
‣ Orchestral Effect (f) - Dick Stephen Walter ["What about aggressively nice people?"]
‣ Vergnügungspark - Gerhard Trede [SpongeBob being aggressively nice]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Plankton crying]
‣ Surfing Crazy - Warren Bennett [ending]
• SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song - Junior Brown [closing credits; country version]
This episode is available on DVD on
SpongeGuard on Duty, The Complete 1st Season, and The First 100 Episodes.
As of November 9, 2013, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8/10 based on 92 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.6/10 based on 169 votes. 
In Czech Republic, this episode aired with a Season 3 episode, in 2009.
This episode aired on Nicktoons Network on October 19, 2006 with a western version of the theme song over the end credits due to being paired with Texas.
MY LEG: SpongeBob blows sand around with a towel.
This is the second episode to have the title card feature the music "Chill Out". The first being Plankton!
The United Plankton Pictures Inc. logo for this episode strangely has cows mooing due to being paired with Texas.
The title card design is similar to that of " Ripped Pants".
When the girl lying on the beach says, "Do you hear something?", the violet liquid on the nose at the guy at the bottom left side is shaped like Squidward's head.
The eel is seen in Your Shoe's Untied (or at least a female version of it) and Enchanted Tiki Dreams.
The name "Walking Small" is a parody of the film .
Walking Tall The rhythm of "Steppin' on the Beach" is similar to Jethro Tull's Aqualung.
When Plankton is putting things in his suitcase, he puts in a shirt that looks like Charlie Brown's, except it has a red zig-zag.
SpongeBob's stand-up routine is patterned after Jerry Seinfeld ("What's the deal with...?").
When SpongeBob is being "assertively nice", he gives out five kites. At the end of the episode there are only four.
After Scooter rode with SpongeBob (who was shaped as a surf board) his pants are green. Though when Plankton is seen moping away in public Scooter's pants suddenly turned purple.
After SpongeBob cleans the girl's ice cream, it is still dirty in a later shot.
SpongeBob's tan permanently disappears after just one shot with it.
When Fred gets sand in his eye, why does he say " MY LEG?"
IMDB rating ^ TV.com rating