United Plankton Pictures, Inc. is an American television and film production company founded in 1998 by Stephen Hillenburg. Its headquarters is located in Los Angeles, California. Its production includes the animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants and his comics in association with Nickelodeon Animation Studio.
Their logo is an ocean background with a crudely-drawn Plankton holding hands with his cousins (as seen in "Plankton's Army") with the blue "United Plankton" text above, and the "Pictures." text below, both of which are written in the familiar "SpongeBob" font. The logo currently appears at the end of all SpongeBob SquarePants episodes. The logo is more enhanced starting with "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"
Before the company was founded, at the end of the early pilot of the series in 1997, there was a logo with the "Created By" text above, the famous SpongeBob drawing in the middle and the "Stephen Hillenburg" text below.
- Oddly enough, in "Wet Painters"/"Krusty Krab Training Video," the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo was accidentally plastered by the Klasky Csupo logo on old airings with split-screen credits. The reason why this logo was replaced is because Klasky-Csupo made multiple cartoons for Nickelodeon that makes custom split-screen credits for each show they aired. But for the said, Nick flubbed and used the Klasky-Csupo credits and that's why the K-C logo appeared. It is one of the most oddest mistakes ever in logo history. This mistake was fixed in later airings in 2006.
- Due to the error, the Nickelodeon logo had the sound of kids laughing from the Klasky Csupo shows instead of seagulls chirping.
- On one 2008 airing of a 2007 episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, the Nickelodeon Lightbulb copyright info for said show was accidentally put on the United Plankton Pictures logo. It's unknown why this occurred, but this so far happened only once. A picture of this error can be seen in the gallery.
- During the airing of "Texas"/"Walking Small" on February 8, 2016, the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo in the credits was accidentally replaced by the Billionfold Inc. logo instead.
- Coincidentally, Hillenburg was childhood friends with Butch Hartman.
- On the cover of SpongeBob Comics No. 61, the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo is blue instead of green.
- On November 30 2011 Airing Of Pest of the West The Rainbow S.r.l. Was Used In the End Credits Instead of the United Plankton Pictures.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|