"Twelfth Street Rag" was originally composed by Euday L. Bowman in 1914. The new version was composed by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield in 1999 for SpongeBob SquarePants, and features a ukulele and steel guitar playing and occasionally a bass. Two versions of this classic rag are used on the show, one recorded specifically for the show, one prerecorded version, and one that has yet to be used. It usually plays when something weird or crazy might happen.
- 1a. "Help Wanted" - SpongeBob serves Krabby Patties to the anchovies. (YouTube version only)
- 2b. "Ripped Pants" - SpongeBob annoys everyone with his ripped pants joke.
- 9b. "Opposite Day" - "I'm Squidward, I'm Squidward, I'm Squidward, Squidward, Squidward!"
- 12b. "Employee of the Month" - "Look, Mr. Krabs, clean floors!" (Speeds up when the Krabby Patties start to destroy the Krusty Krab)
- 13a. "Scaredy Pants" - Patrick runs around screaming.
- 13b. "I Was a Teenage Gary" - SpongeBob feeds Gary. (Slows down when he runs to the sink)
- 19a. "Fools in April" - Title card; Montage of SpongeBob's pranks.
- 21b. "Squid's Day Off" - Squidward runs to the Krusty Krab.
- 25a. "Wormy" - Title card; The butterfly chases SpongeBob, Patrick, and the Bikini Bottomites across the streets.
- 25b. "Patty Hype" - The ending.
- 37b. "I'm with Stupid" - "Does he always do that after he eats?"
- 38b. "Artist Unknown" - Title card; Squidward destroys all of the marbles.
- 41b. "SpongeGuard on Duty" - SpongeBob tries to rescue Patrick.
- 45a. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" - Montage of SpongeBob zapping Squidward.
- 46a. "Snowball Effect" - SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward become various characters.
- 56b. "I Had an Accident" - The gorilla attacks Sandy and Patrick.
- 65b. "Funny Pants" - SpongeBob and Squidward laugh after SpongeBob realizes that there is no such thing as a laugh box.
- 78b. "Best Frenemies" - The ending.
- 91a. "Goo Goo Gas" - "Hey! You kids get off my lawn!"
- 93c. "BlackJack" - SpongeBob does yard work for Uncle Cap'n Blue.
- 104b. "Gone" - SpongeBob gets his license.
- 115b. "Cephalopod Lodge" - The ending.
- 117b. "Professor Squidward" - The ending.
- 155a. "A Friendly Game" - The game begins.
- 164b. "Pet Sitter Pat" - Squidward tells SpongeBob that he will not watch Gary for him.
- F2. "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" - SpongeBob and Patrick eat cotton candy.
- 105b. "Slide Whistle Stooges" - Squidward gets annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick's slide whistling.
- 112a. "Porous Pockets" - Trucks full of money are coming down the street.
- 118a. "Pet or Pests" - The opening
- 123-124. "Truth or Square" - Many alarm clocks go off, which wakes up Gary.
- 127b. "I ♥ Dancing" - "Hi, Squidward!"
- 129b. "The Inside Job" - The ending
- 133b. "Squidward in Clarinetland" - The ending
- 135a. "Back to the Past" - The ending
- 148a. "The Masterpiece" - The ending
- 177a. "The Good Krabby Name" - SpongeBob comes out of the Krusty Krab in a Krabby Patty costume.
- 179a. "Extreme Spots" - SpongeBob and Patrick are jellyfishing. (High-pitched)
- 188a. "Kenny the Cat" - Title card
- 194a. "Patrick! The Game" - Everyone goes outside.
- 195b. "Larry's Gym" - Flashback.
- 202a. "Food Con Castaways" - SpongeBob and Patrick playing "I Spy."
- 203a. "Pineapple Invasion" - The ending
- 204b. "The Whole Tooth" - The ending
- 205a. "Whirly Brains" - SpongeBob and Patrick play with their whirly brains.
- 206a. "Unreal Estate" - SpongeBob wakes up sneezing the next morning.
- 212a. "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge" - The ending
- 215a. "Feral Friends" - Everyone turns back to normal.
- 220. "The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom" - Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs recover their souls.
- 221b. "Stuck on the Roof" - SpongeBob builds a kitchen for himself. (Low-pitched)
- 224b. "Scavenger Pants" - SpongeBob and Patrick look for Squidward's brother. (High-pitched)
- 231b. "Ink Lemonade" - Title card; SpongeBob and Patrick show Squidward homemade cookies.
- 238a. "Appointment TV" - SpongeBob tries to replace the tire of Mrs. Puff's boat.
- 239a. "The Grill is Gone" - SpongeBob vacuuming the Krusty Krab.
- 241b. "The String" - Bubble Bass teasing sea monkeys at the zoo.
- 1c. "Tea at the Treedome" - Sandy invites SpongeBob to her treedome.
- 2a. "Bubblestand" - Squidward does his technique.
- 16b. "The Paper" - SpongeBob does various impressions while Squidward watches.
- 22b. "Bossy Boots" - "Oh, SpongeBob, you look so adorable!"
- 65b. "Funny Pants" - "What do you want, SpongeBob?"
- 83a. "Rise and Shine" - "Breakfast!"
- 86b. "Bucket Sweet Bucket" - Plankton tells SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to do interior decorating.
- 89b. "Sing a Song of Patrick" - Patrick is seen reading comic books.
- 94a. "Blackened Sponge" - SpongeBob flashbacks waking up.
- 210b. "Burst Your Bubble" - Everyone asking SpongeBob for bubble boats.
- 233b. "Krusty Kleaners" - SpongeBob arrives to a building with a delivery. (High pitched)
- 236b. "Surf N' Turf" - SpongeBob sees Sandy chewing angrily furniture.
- 241b. "The String" - Bubble Bass teases a sea monkey with a Krabby Patty.
- In the "Firsts from the First Episode: SpongeBob SquarePants" video on Nickelodeon's YouTube channel, this track plays over SpongeBob making Krabby Patties instead of Tiny Tim's "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight," due to copyright issues.