"Tunnel of Glove" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, Pearl and SpongeBob get stuck in the Tunnel of Glove.
The episode begins with Pearl and her friends Nancy and Debbie going to Glove World! They see everyone is waiting in line to ride the Tunnel of Glove and they hurry to get in line. SpongeBob and Patrick walk by and SpongeBob greets Pearl, but Pearl angrily asks why he is talking to her. Nancy and Debbie ask if SpongeBob is her boyfriend. They also make SpongeBob stand next to Pearl and they take a picture of them "for posterity." Pearl says SpongeBob is not her boyfriend and she and her friends head for the ride. Patrick stays behind to eat cotton candy, so SpongeBob heads off to the Tunnel of Glove without him.
Nancy and Debbie get a boat to themselves, but Pearl has to wait because she is a single rider. The ride operator asks for another single rider to come forward, which happens to be SpongeBob. Pearl and SpongeBob get in a boat, but Pearl rudely tells SpongeBob to leave her alone. Pearl finds the Tunnel of Glove boring, and SpongeBob's pointless stories about Mr. Krabs do not help. Pearl tries to exit the ride, but SpongeBob holds her back since they are not supposed to leave the boat. SpongeBob is accidentally launched out of the boat when it rocks and he hits the ceiling, causing the hearts from the ceiling to fall down. One heart gets stuck in the operating gears, leaving SpongeBob and Pearl stuck on the ride.
Three hours later, Perch Perkins arrives to do a broadcast on the ride. He makes a big deal out of it, saying a "doomed couple" is trapped inside. Nancy and Debbie, who managed to get off the ride before it broke down, tell Perch that Pearl and her "boyfriend" SpongeBob are the couple in there. Patrick, pigging out on food, hears the newscast and, with Perch's encouragement, runs towards the ride to save SpongeBob. Patrick is unsuccessful because the police will not let anyone through the front entrance, so he decides to find another way in. He runs into the Glove World Power Plant and mistakes an electrical generator for SpongeBob due to the fact the generator is shaped like him. Thinking that SpongeBob is chained to the wall, Patrick pulls the generator off of it and causes the electricity to go out on the ride. SpongeBob freaks out and tells Pearl about all the creepy creatures in the dark (mostly clowns), but Pearl ignores him and leaves the boat to find a way out. SpongeBob follows and continues talking about scary creatures and monsters, scaring Pearl in the process. They get scared by one of the ride's
robotic cupids and get back in their boat. Pearl asks SpongeBob to hold her because she is so scared.
Patrick plays board games with the generator when an electrician appears to fix everything. Patrick angrily accuses him of kidnapping SpongeBob, but the electrician has no idea what he is talking about. Patrick sits down on a lever and breaks it, sending the Tunnel of Glove ride into super-fast mode. SpongeBob and Pearl's boat speeds into the Hall of Romance, which features animatronic figures depicting famous love scenes. Patrick also accidentally pushes a button labeled "Animatronic Override," making the figures' heads explode and go after SpongeBob and Pearl like zombies. Patrick breaks the ride even further by using the water supply room as a restroom and tampering with the extreme water pressure. The water pressure causes SpongeBob, Pearl, and the figures to go down a waterfall and whirlpool and The Tunnel of Glove itself floods and explodes. SpongeBob and Pearl are safe and Pearl admits that the ride was actually pretty fun. Nancy and Debbie walk up and think SpongeBob is definitely Pearl's boyfriend because they were hugging, but Pearl once again says they are not dating. A crawly clown robot climbs out of the wreckage and scares SpongeBob (since he told Pearl he is afraid of crawly clowns). He and Pearl's friends cling to each other in fright and Pearl takes a picture of them for revenge. Meanwhile, Patrick shares food with the generator because he still thinks it is SpongeBob.
‣ Chum Bucket Rhumba
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [opening at Glove World!]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.03] - Andrew Hall [people waiting in line for the Tunnel of Glove]
‣ Undertow - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Pearl riding with SpongeBob]
‣ Plaisir D'Amour [#24] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac ["Boring!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [two very boring minutes later...]
‣ Plaisir D'Amour [#24] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac [SpongeBob still talking]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - ride stops
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [three hours later...]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news report]
‣ Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford ["It's true! We barely escaped with our lives!"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [pile of junk food]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phil Green ["Survival looks bleak for the little yellow sponge."]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["You mean SpongeBob?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phil Green ["My best buddy is trapped in there."]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [power plant]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm coming to get you, buddy!"]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones [lights go out]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["That wasn't me."]
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob saying what to watch out for]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["I should probably accompany you."]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["AAAH! SNAKES!"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["Those are streamers, fool."]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Pearl getting scared]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["It sounded like a crawly were-clown!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Patrick playing cards]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick sits on the lever]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [ride stuck in super-fast mode]
‣ Marvellous Singers - Marc Durst [The Hall of Great Romance]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Okay, okay, I think I heard you."]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [animatronic override]
‣ Roman Orgy - David Farnon ["Wow, how romantical!"]
‣ Plaisir D'Amour [#12] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac ["Look, Pearl, a sweet adorable cherub!"]
‣ House of Horror - Larry Hochman [animatronic robots turn evil]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Stupid kid."]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green ["Neptune's mother!"]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Stephen Walter [boat goes down waterfall]
‣ Comic Capers (b) - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [ride explodes]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [boat falls apart]
‣ Hawaiian Party - Peter Dennis ["I guess that turned out to be... kind of fun."]
‣ Carousel Ride - Derek Holt [robot clown]
‣ Hawaiian Party - Peter Dennis [Pearl takes a picture]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [ending]
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.8/10 based on 92 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 7 votes.
- Nancy Suzy Fish and Debbie Rechid both play large roles in this episode as Pearl's best friends.
- At the beginning of the episode, when an overview of a Glove World! is shown, the Fiery Fist O' Pain from "Roller Cowards" can briefly be seen.
- Running gag: Patrick pulling a switch that does something wrong with the Tunnel of Glove.
- This episode shows that Patrick is so incredibly uneducated that he cannot even read properly.
- He misreads the Off Limits sign as "Congratulations! You have found your friend!"
- It is similar to "SpongeGuard on Duty" where he misreads the "Do not cross" isolation ribbon as "Ice cream."
- This is the first episode where Pearl is seen without her father Mr. Krabs, although he is mentioned.
- There is a bottle with a piece of paper in it when SpongeBob drops the heart in the water, which resembles the Krabby Patty secret formula.
- This episode takes place before SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis because in this episode SpongeBob is afraid of ghostly pirates, but in that game, he is not.
- In this episode the entrance to Glove World! is made of poles, so it takes place before "Roller Cowards" because in that episode the entrance is made of bricks, and that is the material used for the entrance in "Glove World R.I.P.", where it shuts down.
- This episode and "Love That Squid" premiered on the same day that Kenneth Mars died.
- In one scene, Pearl's heart-shaped lip disappears.
- When Pearl and SpongeBob wait in line, there are two Nat Petersons in the matter of five feet between each other.
- In The Hall of Great Romance, a robot has a green dress. The dress covers its legs and feet. However, when it walks toward Pearl and SpongeBob, the dress shows the feet instead of covering it for the rest of the episode.
- The ride stops when a heart falls in the mechanism and will not go back on, but when Patrick breaks the lever, it goes on super fast mode.
- If the viewer watches the episode on the SpongeBob SquarePants website, a robotic voice starts coming up.
- Patrick's glove hat disappears and reappears from scene to scene.
- When Pearl puts SpongeBob down, the ropes in front of them disappear.
- After the Tunnel of Glove blows up, the flags on the boat look wet, but then they disappear.
- In the opening shot, there is a fish who is right under the Glove World! sign. While the scene pans in, they move without using their legs.