|The Bubble Poppin' Boys|
|Residence:||New Kelp City|
|Aliases:||The Bubble Poppin" Boys|
|First appearance:||"What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"|
|Latest appearance:||"What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"|
|List of characters|
The Bubble Poppin' Boys were a gang from New Kelp City and only appeared in the episode What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?. Only the leader spoke, and he was voiced by Ray Liotta. The gang beat up the people of New Kelp City whenever they blew a bubble. It is unknown where they went after SpongeBob blew them away in the bubble.
Not much is known about them, though it is known that they scared everyone in New Kelp City into never blowing bubbles. They hated bubbles because when they pop, it stings their eyes. SpongeBob SquarePants sent them out of the city by blowing a giant bubble, trapping them inside as it floated out of the town. When this happened, all of New Kelp City decided to celebrate and blow bubbles. The mayor of the city even decided to resign and give his mayoral post to SpongeBob as a reward.
The Bubble Poppin' Boys all have black pompadour haircuts, black leather jackets with their logo on the back, jeans, and black boots. Their leader has orange scales and can make a claw grow out of his pinky finger. Three other Bubble Poppin' boys have similar appearances, yet one has green scales, one has purple, and one has red. Another member of the gang is a yellowish-beige color and he is considerably more muscular then the other members.
- Trevor, the leader of the group.
- In the episode "Glove World R.I.P.," the green fish from the gang appeared as Glovey Glove (glove world mascot).
- The gang has five fish of different colors (probably not to get mistaken by).
- The leader has the same style of hair as Tony Fast Jr. and very much like Johnny Bravo's pompadour hairdo.
- Their hairstyles, the way they dress, and the fact that they introduced themselves by snapping their fingers with tough facial expressions, is an obvious reference to West Side Story. They are also noted to be similar to the T Birds from Grease.
- The fact that they're a street gang in an obvious parody of New York City, as well as the fact that their leader is voiced by Ray Liotta, is a reference to Liotta's work in Goodfellas.