- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (2 cameos)
- Patrick Star
- Twitch (cameo)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Abigail Marge
- Nat Peterson
- Harold (red fish)
- Frankie Billy
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Nathiel Waters
- Snail Bites Company Worker (debut)
- Snail Bites Company Owner (mentioned)
- Pet Store Employees (debut)
- Daniel the Snail (debut)
- Pat the Snail (debut)
- People on TV
After SpongeBob watches a TV ad at the Krusty Krab about Snail Bites, a new snail treat, he goes to the Pet Store to buy a box for his pet snail, Gary. At his house, SpongeBob gives Gary a Snail Bite. Gary likes the treat, so each time he does a trick, SpongeBob gives him a Snail Bite. Lots and lots of Snail Bites later, SpongeBob runs out of treats and Gary wants more.Gary meows all night for more Snail Bites. SpongeBob gets slightly annoyed, so he tries to ignore Gary's meowing. This does not work, so SpongeBob takes Gary to the pet store in the middle of the night to see if there are any more Snail Bites. When they find out the store is closed, SpongeBob gets very tired, so he sleeps on the sidewalk, while Gary continues to meow. 80 "meows" later, SpongeBob wakes up. When he sees the cashier unlocking the pet store, SpongeBob then asks if there is a box of Snail Bites. The cashier tells him that they sold out almost immediately, which leaves Gary meowing very loudly. SpongeBob tries to leave for work, but Gary will not leave him leave, so he tricks Gary into slithering towards the kitchen and runs for it.
When SpongeBob goes to work, he is making Krabby Patties. Gary enters the Krusty Krab, tracking slime all over the customers. SpongeBob is surprised (and a little angry) and yells at him. Gary meows at him, telling him that he wants more Snail Bites. A customer makes a suggestion to SpongeBob, saying that if he wants Snail Bites, he should go to the factory where they make them. SpongeBob thinks that is a great idea, so he and Gary go to the Snail Bites factory.A worker tells SpongeBob and Gary that they are closed, the last box of Snail Bites shipped out days ago. They ran out of ingredients to make them and the owner quit the business completely because he had a lot of money. Gary then tells SpongeBob (in snail talk) that they should look all around the world to see if they have any more Snail Bites. SpongeBob is now furious that he is still meowing.
The next scene shows SpongeBob and Gary driving all around the world and looking at all of the pet shops. However, everybody says "No" because there are no more Snail Bites anywhere in the world. After looking around, SpongeBob gives up, leaving Gary still meowing for Snail Bites.
SpongeBob has nothing to do now for Gary's meowing. Patrick then comes and asks SpongeBob why Gary keeps on meowing. SpongeBob explains that Gary wants more treats and there are not anymore left. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he should tell Gary "No" in a firm voice. SpongeBob doesn't want to "say 'no' to his widdle Gare-bear," but to have a lot of confidence, Patrick acts like a dog and SpongeBob says "no" firmly. This causes Patrick to act sad and run away to his house.
He tries to say "No" to Gary, but the latter distracts him with photos of when he was adopted by SpongeBob, which he says it is like yesterday, but he is trying to stop him from saying "No."
SpongeBob tries again to say "No" to Gary and successfully does so firmly to him. Gary nods and goes to bed, leaving SpongeBob surprised and relieved that he does not have to hear anymore "Meow"s for the rest of the day. It is then revealed that Gary had learned his lesson about that doing another thing is more important than begging for a favorite thing the whole day. Meanwhile, Patrick eats his last known box of Snail Bites. The episode ends with Patrick running out of Snail Bites and starting to persistently meow like Gary.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Coffee Bar - Peter Yorke [Snail Bites commercial]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's gone]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob back at house]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Montage of SpongeBob feeding Gary Snail Bites]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [box is empty]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Gary meowing repeatedly
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Treats" written on the wall in slime]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - pet store is closed
‣ Murder Scene 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Please, I'm just the floor manager!"]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Do you have any Snail Bites?"]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [Gary howls]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks II - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob walks away]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Gary growling at SpongeBob
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (o) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to work]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Gary bothering SpongeBob at work]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks a lot."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tells Gary that there are no more snail bites]
‣ The Adventurers A - Michael Shapiro [SpongeBob traveling the world]
‣ Buccaneer Overture - David Arkenstone [map of every pet store in the world]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary keeps meowing]
‣ Steel Sting (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I don't know how to say no, Patrick!"]
‣ Cute and Lovable - Phil Green ["Pretend I'm Gary and tell me no."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Do it, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["STOP IT!"]
‣ Tragic Bridge 2 - Phil Green [SpongeBob struggles to say no]
‣ Lambs in Clover - Jack Strachey [framed photos of SpongeBob and Gary]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer ["There are no more Snail Bites."]
‣ Moloka'i Nui (a) - Kapono Beamer [ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Eighth Season DVD.
- The statue that Gary creates to get another treat is an allusion to Perseus defeating the giant sea monster.
- It is revealed that Gary's full name is "Gary Wilson Jr.," even though in a few episodes it is said that his full name is "Gary the Snail." While Patrick's last name is Star, Gary's last name should also be Star due to the fact that Gary's father and Patrick's father share a common father. The name of Gary's father was Sluggo, not Gary Wilson. However, he may be named after his grandfather.
- Running gags: Gary meowing and SpongeBob saying "Well, I just can't say 'no' to my little Gare Bear."
- When SpongeBob is trying to go to sleep and Gary keeps him up, SpongeBob's eyes look similar to the ones on the "InSPONGEiac" title card.
- The Snail bites company worker puts an "S" between the "C" and the "L" when he is spelling "closed," although there is no "S" between the "C" and the "L." He also put a "Z" between the "S" and "E."
- At first, it may seem like Gary is going through withdrawal symptoms (as though Snail Bites were addictive), but it is revealed that he was just responding to not being told "No."
- When Gary bowls a strike to get a Snail Bite, it is the second time a character is seen bowling, the first being in "Frankendoodle," bowled by DoodleBob.
- This is the fourth episode where Patrick eats snail food. The first is "Have You Seen This Snail?," the second is "The Thing," and the third is "Pet Sitter Pat."
- This is the the fifth episode that Gary has arms. The first is "Your Shoe's Untied," the second is "The Gift of Gum," the third is "Grooming Gary," and the fourth is "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- This is another time where the episode's name is mentioned within the episode itself. In this case, Gary wrote "TREATS" on the wall in snail slime.
- This is one of the few episodes where Gary is the antagonist.
- When SpongeBob goes to the pet shop on the deserted island, Twitch from "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" can be seen, marking his second appearance in the series.
- When SpongeBob goes to the Viking town, some of the Vikings from "Dear Vikings" can be seen.
- The signs on the Russian pet store "ПЭТ СТОРЭ" and "ОПЭН" mean "PET STORE" and "OPEN" with every Latin letter simply transliterated to its Cyrillic counterpart (not translated into Russian). "ДЛЯ ПРОДАЖИ" is the only phrase translated to Russian and it means "FOR SALE."
- Three of the four pet stores that SpongeBob and Gary visited around the world might be a reference to three past episodes:
- Gary is seen as a baby for the first time.
- This episode reveals SpongeBob first got Gary from the pound.
- Though it seems SpongeBob has a hard time saying "No," he has been firm with Gary and other characters before.
- In "Pizza Delivery," SpongeBob firmly says "No" to Squidward on several occasions.
- In "Welcome to the Chum Bucket," he says "No" to Plankton for making a Krabby Patty.
- In "Gary Takes a Bath," he is determined to get Gary to take a bath and did not put up with his nonsense.
- In "A Pal for Gary," he scolds Gary for being unfriendly to Puffy Fluffy (oblivious to the fact that Puffy Fluffy was trying to kill Gary).
- It has been suggested that there is discontinuity between this episode and "Have You Seen This Snail?" because there is an image of SpongeBob as a child, holding a small Gary in his hand in "Have You Seen This Snail?," and in this episode there is an image of the day SpongeBob got Gary, where SpongeBob appears to be an adult. However, there is no proof of this. It is completely possible that SpongeBob got Gary when he was a kid and grew enough that Gary looked small.
- There's also a Between the Lions episode of the same name.
- At the beginning of the Snail Bites commercial, there was an allusion to the classic arcade game Pac-Man.
- The scene where SpongeBob and Gary travel in a blimp to the pet stores all around the world for Gary's Snail Bites is an allusion of the Indiana Jones movies.
- One of the tricks Gary does is a reference to the famous magician Wilmoth Houdini, when Gary jumps into a tank of water in a strait jacket and chains, and has to escape.
- Another one of the tricks Gary does is a reference to Evel Knievel, when Gary jumps over the buses and the flames.
- When SpongeBob and Gary are in the Krusty Krab, for several seconds, the spiral on Gary's shell becomes purple and the dots are red.
- When SpongeBob takes Gary down, one of the dots on Gary's shell disappears.