Toy Store of Doom" is a episode from SpongeBob SquarePants season six. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are locked in a toy store after closing.
SpongeBob and Patrick are very bored and have nothing to do. SpongeBob walks over to a toy chest and starts rummaging through it, but does not find anything that interests him or Patrick. SpongeBob finds a Mermaid-Man toy, but it is unfortunately chewed up. It then reveals that they were in Squidward's house, and he kicks them out. Then they start walking, trying to find something to do. While they are walking, they find some signs introducing something. They follow the signs to a newly opened
Toy Barrel. At first, it is not there, which makes the two of them cry. It appears soon afterward, courtesy of a crane. The construction worker throws Patrick inside, and SpongeBob throws himself. They spend the entire day singing songs. To their disappointment, the Toy Barrel closes just after they finish singing. Patrick formulates a plan to hide in the dollhouses when the police check the toy store so they can have the Toy Barrel all to themselves. They become jolly until the lights turn off, which scares the duo. Soon, they see a shadow coming, so SpongeBob decides to fight back. They dress up like soldiers, preparing to fight the shadow. This does them no good. It was just Patrick's old wind-up robot. Just as the store is about to open, the two rush outside. The episode ends with Patrick saying “Hey! It’s open! I love toys!"
I can turn into a skyscraper!
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by
( Associated production music ‣ )
( Original music • )
( SpongeBob music ◦ )
‣ Horror House of Wax Retro 2 - Nicolas Carr, Ron Wasserman [title card]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [opening]
‣ Life on the Wild Side - Sam Spence [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy action figures]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick chewed them up]
‣ Tympup (a) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["What are you doing in my house?!"]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward kicks them out]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick bored]
‣ Banners Victorious - Ronald Hanmer [helicopter drops billboard]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Oooh... boy!"]
‣ Gala Premiere - Laurie Johnson [more billboards]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where's the toy store?"]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick crying]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["What are you crying about?"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [construction worker throws Patrick into the toy store]
‣ World of Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [inside the store]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [several song-filled hours later...]
‣ Disneyland - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob in a tutu]
‣ Careless March - Marc Andre Dall'Anese [store closes]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - "What part of never don't you understand?"
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicoals Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick hiding in a dollhouse]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, this is so awesome!"]
‣ Murder in Mind [#45] - Ronald Hanmer [lights turned off]
? ‣ [flashlight in Patrick's brain]
‣ Horror House of Wax Retro 2 - Nicolas Carr, Ron Wasserman [SpongeBob, Patrick afraid of the toys]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick skating]
‣ Unknown Track 53 - Ron Wasserman [they hide in a gumball machine]
‣ The Assignment - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick gearing up]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran ["Nothing can stop it!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [they stop crying]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [they sigh]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - William Farran ["Patrick, don't!"]
‣ Disneyland - Sam Fonteyn [toy store opens]
‣ Unknown Track 53 - Ron Wasserman [SpongeBob, Patrick run out]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
As of March 17, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.8/10 based on 122 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.2/10 based on 106 votes. 
 "Toy Store of Doom" was listed as number three on Tom Kenny's top-20 episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants on iTunes. His description reads:
"I love when hilarity and disturbing creepiness mingle. This one is like an episode of
Night Gallery starring SpongeBob and Patrick, directed by Rob Zombie!"
This was the second episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's " The Bob Squad."
Two games based on this episode can be played at SpongeBob.com. They are and Toy Store Trial , based on a memory game and attacking the toys respectively.
Toy Barrel Peril The fact that SpongeBob and Patrick act like kids in this episode is similar to .
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie This originally meant to be the last Season 6 episode. However, it was pushed back due to the special " The Clash of Triton."
This is the third time that What Zit Tooya appears (and the second time as a cameo). He appeared as an actual character in " Good Ol' Whatshisname" (his second appearance).
When SpongeBob says hi to Squidward as he is walking out of the bathroom, there is a golf iron to his right, which is not really a toy but sport equipment. Plus, it has holes in it.
Near the beginning, SpongeBob takes a doll out that says "Mama." This is the same doll that Plankton packed in a suitcase in " Walking Small," where it said "Mama" as well.
It is unknown how SpongeBob and Patrick got into Squidward's house at the beginning of the episode.
At the end of the episode, Steve said that they just opened for business but the store opened the day before. It is possible the store was open for soft opening.
As SpongeBob and Patrick are about to exit, the title card music from " Krabby Land" plays.
This was the first time SpongeBob and Patrick were stuck in a place. The second will be in " Truth or Square."
This episode premiered four years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Russia, Singapore, and the Czech Republic.
In the Croatian dub, the episode name is "Ukleta Trgovina Igračaka" or "Haunted Toy Store."
This episode takes place either around or after " Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" because the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Figures are the one used in Krabby Meal in that episode.
The plot is very similar to the episode " Rugrats Toy Palace." In "Toy Palace," Tommy and Chuckie got locked in a toy store like SpongeBob and Patrick did.
This episode may be a reference to the Nicktoons game .
Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots The robot walking with a huge shadow is a reference to the 2005 film .
Zathura The part where it shows Patrick wrapping the headband around his head is a parody of .
Rambo The title is a parody of .
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom The title could also be a parody of and Little Shop of Horrors .
Toy Story In one scene, in the background there are shelves lined with pyramids with eyes, a reference to the All-Seeing Eye, often considered to be a Masonic/Illuminati symbol. Whether this is intended or not is unknown.
This episode aired on St. Patrick's Day/Vacation Day of 2009.
Patrick says he accidentally got a flashlight in his ear; however, he does not have ears.