|Birth:||Thomas James Kenny|
July 13, 1962 (age 54)
Syracuse, New York
|Credits:||Actor, voice actor, voice director, comedian|
Patchy the Pirate
Dirty Bubble (2010–present) (after Charles Nelson Reilly's death in 2007)
|List of episode credits|
Thomas James "Tom" Kenny (born July 13, 1962) is an American actor, voice actor and comedian, best known as the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants in the franchise of the same name, as well as Gary, Harold SquarePants, the French Narrator, and some other characters in the show. He was born in Syracuse, New York in 1962. He also voices Ice King in Adventure Time. In addition to voice acting, he has also portrayed some live-action characters, such as Patchy the Pirate, and live-action cameo appearances as himself. In SpongeBob, he has said at least one line in each episode, except for the episode "Reef Blower," which has no dialogue. He has voiced numerous characters in cartoons.
In a 2015 interview , Tom Kenny ( Voice Of Spongebob ) said that while recording the episode Sailor Mouth an episode in which Spongebob learns a bad word , the voice actors were given clearance to actually swear during recording since it would be censored out. Whether or not an uncensored version of this episode exists is unknown.
List of live-action cameos
- Note: This list does not include the Patchy the Pirate appearances.
- "Karate Choppers" - The drop of hot sauce.
- "Suds" - The guy taking a shower and used to help cure SpongeBob of the suds.
- "Neptune's Spatula" - The same guy taking a shower, but this time, he was greatly frightened by King Neptune.
- "No Free Rides" (possibly) - Seen after the French Narrator got ran over by SpongeBob on the driving course.
- "Ugh" - As a choir member.
- "SpongeHenge " - As the sun, saying, "Time for work, SpongeBob".
- Kenny appeared as Patchy the Pirate in one episode of Big Time Rush. The episode is "Big Time Beach Party," where he leads Carlos and Logan on a treasure hunt.
- Kenny also voices Gary the Snail , The Narrator , as well as having the live part of Patchy The Pirate.
- Over the years many fans of the show have asked Kenny to lend Spongebob's voice to their voice email and answering machines. In an interview , he joked that these custom messages might be more common than the factory - default voice.
- Kenny also does the voice of the announcer at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards every year.
- He also voices Heffer Wolfe as well as many other voices from Rocko's Modern Life.
- Kenny first used the voice for SpongeBob for a minor female alligator character called Al on Rocko's Modern Life. This is also the first time Kenny and Stephen Hillenburg worked together. Hillenburg wanted Kenny to use that voice for SpongeBob, so he showed him a clip of Al in Rocko's Modern Life to remind Kenny of the voice.
- He also voices Cupid on The Fairly OddParents.
- Kenny also voiced Dog and Cliff from CatDog.
- Kenny also voices Peepers on Wander Over Yonder.
- Kenny also voiced ValHallen and Douglas from Dexter's Laboratory.
- Kenny also voiced Peter Cottontail, Junior, and Antoine in the 2005 direct-to-video film, Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie.
- SpongeBob SquarePants is the longest-running Nicktoon, which makes Kenny the most successful voice actor on Nicktoons.
- Kenny also voices many minor roles in the movie "Happily Never After".
- It's noted by Tom Kenny in interviews that he had rumors of him being dead on Twitter.
- Alongside that, Kenny was also famous for voicing the narrator and Mayor of Townsville in the original The Powerpuff Girls series and the 2016 reboot, Mumbo Jumbo from Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go!, Slinkman and Scoutmaster Lumpus from Camp Lazlo, and Carl Chryniszzswics from Johnny Bravo (from 1999 to 2001). Kenny has many other roles from this.
- Kenny also voices Rabbit in Winnie The Pooh (2011 film), replacing Ken Sansom and taking over after Sansom's death in October 2012.
- As of March 15, 2017, SpongeBob had a line in every episode (except "Reef Blower," which had no dialogue at all), making Kenny the only voice actor to have a line in nearly every episode (minus "Reef Blower").
- He is currently married to Jill Talley, who voices Karen.
- Kenny is also known to be one of the long-running voice actors to voice Spyro in the Spyro the Dragon video game series. He voiced him in 3 games: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
- Also, in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Kenny also voiced the Electrolls (Inhabitants of the level "Hurricanes"), And they sound very similar to SpongeBob. He also voiced Han "Chuck" Solo in the Angry Birds Star Wars Cinematic Trailer. Han's laugh also sounds similar to SpongeBob.
- He also voiced Starscream in Transformers Animated, along with Isaac Sumdac, Wasp, and some other bots.
- He also voices Gunter and the Ice King from the show, Adventure Time.
- He is the voice of Sumo from Clarence.
- To produce SpongeBob's trademark laugh, Kenny pats his throat while saying "ah."
- He voices Stink Bomb from the Skylanders games starting with Swap Force.
- He is the voice of Flain from Mixels.
- He is the voice of Plastic Man from Batman: the Brave and the Bold.
- His birthday is one day before SpongeBob's on July 14.
- He is the voice of Hank, Tom's roommate in the animated series Talking Tom and Friends.
- "Mall Girl Pearl" is the only episode where Tom Kenny voices SpongeBob once (due to that character only having one line in the episode).
- He also voices Leo Callisto in Miles from Tomorrowland.
- Kenny also voiced SwaySway's Father on Breadwinners.
- He also voices Eduardo on Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.
- SpongeBob wears glasses similar to his portrayer Kenny.
- Kenny also voiced Every Ryan & Destiny Productions shows
- Kenny also voiced Tibot Wilson on Timmy the Crybaby!
- Kenny also voiced Nyago Nyanoko/Niyander on Mighty Cat Masked Niyander & Mighty Cat Masked Niyander ZXL
- He came up with the voice of Spongebob when he heard an angry dwarf yelling.
- For a full list of episodes where Tom Kenny is credited, see List of episode credits.
|1a - "Help Wanted"||Voice of SpongeBob, Narrator, Sub Driver, and Gary|
|1c - "Tea at the Treedome"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|2a - "Bubblestand"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|2b - "Ripped Pants"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|3a - "Jellyfishing"||Voice of SpongeBob and Narrator|
|3b - "Plankton!"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|4a - "Naughty Nautical Neighbors"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|4b - "Boating School"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|5a - "Pizza Delivery"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|5b - "Home Sweet Pineapple"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Dad|
|6a - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy"||Voice of SpongeBob, Chef, and Young Mermaid Man|
|6b - "Pickles"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|7a - "Hall Monitor"||Voice of SpongeBob, Narrator, and Bill|
|7b - "Jellyfish Jam"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, Jellyfish, and Narrator|
|8a - "Sandy's Rocket"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|8b - "Squeaky Boots"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|9a - "Nature Pants"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Snail|
|9b - "Opposite Day"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|10a - "Culture Shock"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary and Mr. SpongeBob|
|10b - "F.U.N."||Voice of SpongeBob, Cop, and Guy #1|
|11a - "MuscleBob BuffPants"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, Fish Guy, and Skinny Fish|
|11b - "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|12a - "The Chaperone"||Voice of SpongeBob, Billy Fish, and Photo Fish|
|12b - "Employee of the Month"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|13a - "Scaredy Pants"||Voice of SpongeBob, Mom, Gary, and Narrator|
|13b - "I Was a Teenage Gary"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|14a - "SB-129"||Voice of SpongeBob and Narrator|
|14b - "Karate Choppers"||Voice of SpongeBob, TV Fish, and Hot Sauce Drop|
|15a - "Sleepy Time"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|15b - "Suds"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Guy in shower|
|16a - "Valentine's Day"||Voice of SpongeBob, Vender Fish, and Kid|
|16b - "The Paper"||Voice of SpongeBob and Gary|
|17a - "Arrgh!"||Voice of SpongeBob and Customer|
|17b - "Rock Bottom"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|18a - "Texas"||Voice of SpongeBob|
|18b - "Walking Small"||Voice of SpongeBob, Fish #1, #2, and #3|
|19a - "Fools in April"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Guy #1|
|19b - "Neptune's Spatula"||Voice of SpongeBob and Guy in shower|
|20a - "Hooky"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Narrator|
|20b - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II"||Voice of SpongeBob, Gary, and Narrator|
|List of episode credits|