|Thomas James "Tom" Kenny|
|Born:||Thomas James Kenny|
July 13, 1962 (age 52)
Syracuse, New York
|Credits:||Voice artist, actor, comedian, singer|
Patchy the Pirate
Dirty Bubble (2010-) (after Charles Nelson Reilly's death in 2007)
|Years:||1999 - present|
|List of episode credits|
Thomas James "Tom" Kenny (born July 13, 1962) is an American actor, singer, voice artist, and comedian, best known as the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants in the franchise of the same name, as well as Gary, Harold SquarePants, the French Narrator, and some other characters. He was born in Syracuse, New York in 1962. He also voices Ice King in Adventure Time. In addition to voice acting, he has also portrayed some live-action characters, such as Patchy the Pirate, and live-action cameo appearances as himself. In SpongeBob, he has done one line in each episode, except for the episode "Reef Blower," which has no dialogue.
List of live-action cameos
- Note: This list does not include the Patchy the Pirate appearances.
- "Suds" - The guy taking a shower and used to help cure SpongeBob of the suds.
- "Neptune's Spatula" - The same guy taking a shower, but this time, he was frightened by King Neptune.
- "No Free Rides" (possibly) - Seen after the French Narrator got ran over by SpongeBob on the driving course.
- "Ugh" - As a choir member.
- "SpongeHenge " - As the sun, saying, "Time for work, SpongeBob."
- Kenny appeared as Patchy the Pirate in one episode of Big Time Rush. The episode is "Big Time Beach Party," where he leads Carlos and Logan on a treasure hunt.
- Kenny also does the voice of the announcer at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards every year.
- He also voices Heffer Wolfe as well as many other voices from Rocko's Modern Life.
- Kenny first used the voice for SpongeBob for a minor female alligator character called Al on Rocko's Modern Life. This is also the first time Kenny and Stephen Hillenburg worked together. Hillenburg wanted Kenny to use that voice for SpongeBob, so he showed him a clip of Al in Rocko's Modern Life to remind Kenny of the voice.
- He also voices Cupid on The Fairly OddParents.
- Kenny also voiced Dog and Cliff from CatDog.
- Kenny also voices Peepers on Wander Over Yonder.
- SpongeBob SquarePants is the longest running Nicktoon, which makes Kenny the most successful voice actor on Nicktoons.
- It's noted by Tom Kenny in interviews that he had fake deaths on Twitter.
- Alongside that, Kenny was also famous for voicing the narrator and Mayor of Townsville from The Powerpuff Girls, Mumbo from Teen Titans, Slinkman and Scoutmaster Lumpus from Camp Lazlo, and Carl Chryniszzswics from Johnny Bravo (from 1999 to 2001). Kenny has many other roles from this.
- Kenny also voices Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh (2011 film), replacing Ken Sansom and taking over after Sansom's death in October 2012.
- As of February 22, 2013, SpongeBob had a line in every episode (except Reef Blower, which had no dialogue at all), making Kenny the only voice actor to have a line in every episode (except Reef Blower).
- He is currently married to Jill Talley, who voices Karen.
- Kenny is also known to be one of the long-running voice actors to voice Spyro in the Spyro the Dragon video game series. He voiced him in 3 games: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
- Also, In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Kenny also voiced the Electrolls (Inhabitants of the level "Hurricos"), And they sound very similar to SpongeBob.
- He also voiced Starscream in Transformers Animated, along with Isaac Sumdac, Wasp and some other bots.
- He also voices Gunter and the Ice King from Adventure Time.
- He is the voice of Sumo from Clarence.
- To produce SpongeBob's trademark laugh, Kenny pats his throat while saying "ah."
- He voices Stink Bomb from the Skylanders games starting with Swap Force.