The Time Machine belongs to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. It just appears in the episode Back to the Past. Patrick, who is quite stupid, presses a lot of the buttons on the time machine, thinking it's a snack machine, which sends SpongeBob, Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Patrick himself, into the past. It is seen again, where SpongeBob and Patrick use it to go into the past a second time. At the end of the episode, it is seen that a lot of the time machines go into the past. According to Barnacle Boy, going through time is so dangerous, he and Mermaid Man choose to leave it alone.
- On the sign it says Time Travel.
- The Time Machine can be found in the Locker of Memories.
- On two signs, it says Date and Location.
- There are buttons everywhere, on two of them, it says Start and Back.
- The time machine is a possible parody of the TARDIS, a rectangular time machine from the long-running TV series, Doctor Who.