|“||Oh, boo-hoo! Let me play a sad song for you on the world's smallest violin.||”|
— Mr. Krabs, "Squilliam Returns."
|The World's Smallest Violin|
|List of objects|
The World's Smallest Violin is basically a regular violin except much, much smaller. Even given its size, it still sounds just like a regular sized violin. Hence its name, it is considered to be the world's smallest violin.
Role in the episode
The World's Smallest Violin is played a total of 3 times in the episode "Squilliam Returns." Mr. Krabs first played it after hearing Squidward's story on how he must beat Squilliam. The violin is played a second time after Mr. Krabs heard Squilliam telling Squidward that he was a cashier too (which was false). The violin is played one last time right at the end of the episode when Mr. Krabs appears by a saddened Squidward. Squidward replies by saying "Would you get out of here?!"
- Due to its tiny size, it may belong to Plankton.
- If this is the case, the violin was probably stolen, given that Mr. Krabs mentioned having also stolen Plankton's lawnmower in "Life of Crime."
- The music that is played on the violin is called "Woe is Me!"
- Mr. Krabs playing the smallest violin has some hits on YouTube, such as remixes and longer versions.
- The World's Smallest Violin Mr. Krabs is playing might be a reference to the TV series M*A*S*H where Mj. Margaret Houlihan rubs her thumb and forefinger together and says "Charles, Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, and it's playing just for you." and the movie Reservoir Dogs when Mr. Pink is arguing about tipping the waitress, and he says, "You know what this is? The world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses."
- Judging by the scale measurement to Mr. Krab, the violin is approximately a third of a centimeter, making it truly the World's Smallest Violin. However, if it were real it would play at a much higher frequency.