Disclaimer: this article contains information that has not yet been released. The information may rapidly change as soon as more details become available.
| "You think I'm special!"
This article is in need of one or more images. Therefore, you can improve Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading one. Please remember to remove this template once the images for this article have been uploaded.
This article is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by contributing to it.
The SpongeBob Movie is the third SpongeBob SquarePants film in the franchise,  set for release on August 2, 2019. It will likely consist of both computer-generated (CG) animation and traditional 2D animation, as used in the second movie.
In a February 2015 interview discussing the film's financial success, Megan Collison, president of worldwide distribution and marketing at Paramount, stated the possibility of a third film was "a good bet." In another interview, Paramount vice-chairman Rob Moore remarked, "Hopefully, it won't take 10 years to make another film." Later in 2015, in a tweet by Viacom, it was revealed that Paramount Pictures would be developing sequels to existing franchises such as World War Z, Jack Reacher and a third SpongeBob Movie.
On August 3, 2015, in a tweet by Vincent Waller, it was confirmed that the sequel is in pre-production, and that Paul Tibbitt will be directing it. Waller later suggested the release date of the film "should be in 2018" but may "land in 2017." He also revealed that the crew working on the series would not necessarily be working on the movie. This enables the series to be produced in tandem with the movie. Ruben Hickman is helping out with preliminary developments of the movie, with the same group of producers being present - Cale Boyter, Mary Parent, and Craig Sost. Vincent Waller has given the reason for the mix of 2D and 3D animation as expense-based.
The current title The SpongeBob Movie is a place holder until the actual title is chosen.
- This will be the second SpongeBob SquarePants production to be animated in CGI.
- ^ a b http://deadline.com/2017/03/spongebob-loud-house-sherlock-gnomes-1202054433/
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/782722699881689089
- ^ a b https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/664560052338974720
- ^ ‘SpongeBob’ Soaks Up $55 Million to Swamp ‘Jupiter Ascending,’ ‘Seventh Son’ at Box Office. TheWrap.com (February 8, 2015).
- ^ Box Office: 'SpongeBob' Capsizes 'Jupiter Ascending,' 'Seventh Son' With $56M. The Hollywood Reporter (February 8, 2015).
- ^ https://twitter.com/Viacom/status/593762894103375872
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/628219039081324544
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/629656529549918208
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/631607842567405568
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/631972276926197761
- ^ https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/642460888017031168
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/633289040721149952
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/843538768023838720
- ^ https://twitter.com/YahooMovies/status/846880451906064384
- ^ http://deadline.com/2017/03/spongebob-loud-house-sherlock-gnomes-1202054433/
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/847823351380717570
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/869368305752055808