"The Slumber Party" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season six. In this episode, Mr. Krabs interferes with Pearl's slumber party.
Pearl is getting ready for her slumber party, but Mr. Krabs' meddling in the party preparations is getting out of control. Pearl kicks him out of the house, so Mr. Krabs decides to stay at SpongeBob's house. There, SpongeBob puts on a movie that shows girls having a slumber party and inviting their gangster (and seemingly zombie) boyfriends, who begin vandalizing the house. Mr. Krabs is horrified by this and as result, he destroys SpongeBob's television with a bat. He then explains to SpongeBob his concern that this will happen to his house and sends SpongeBob to spy on Pearl and her friends.
Meanwhile, a teenage female sponge named Girly TeenGirl from Farawayville who looks like SpongeBob arrives at Mr. Krabs and Pearl's house, asking to get in. However, Pearl thinks she is SpongeBob and she and her friends attack the girl, who runs home crying. At the time, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob pretend to be pizza deliverers while SpongeBob calls Girly TeenGirl ugly.
Unfortunately, SpongeBob is caught during the scuffle and is left behind as Mr. Krabs flees. As a result, he had been turned into pizza by the girls and sent back to Mr. Krabs, telling him that he failed the plan.
SpongeBob later sneaks back in as a piano repairman, but Pearl and her friends already know his tricks and dropped a piano on him. He leaves and tried to tell Mr. Krabs to not spy on her again, but Mr. Krabs said that if he doesn't go to Pearl's party, then he is fired. Upset, SpongeBob goes back to Mr. Krabs' house and begs Pearl to stay at her party. Pearl is convinced, but he falls down into Krabs' root beer cellar while trying to prove in ten seconds that he is fun enough for the party.
SpongeBob absorbs all of Mr. Krabs' root beer to prove that he can be fun, while in hindsight ruining Mr. Krabs' house and putting Pearl and her friends in peril. Mr. Krabs arrives at his destroyed house, and he blames Pearl for its destruction and trusting her. Pearl becomes enraged with Mr. Krabs sending SpongeBob to spy on her and her friends (who are in shock from the incident) and claims Mr. Krabs that it is his fault for ruining the party, Pearl takes his money, using it to host her own private beach party at Goo Lagoon, where Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are the only ones not allowed in. The episode ends with SpongeBob offering a cup of root beer to Mr. Krabs to cheer him up, which does not help.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Happy Sponge Chase Vibes - Nicolas Carr [title card]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["My friends will be here in 20 minutes for my slumber party..."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [ketchup packets]
‣ Via Porchio - Mario Tomasso, Serge Tomassi [Mr. Krabs puts ketchup on crackers]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, okay, I'm going."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs putting up a sign]
‣ Monocle and Pocket-Watch - Brian Douglas Gulland [house rules]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - power goes out
‣ Climb to Altitude - Trevor Duncan ["With me?"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [SpongeBob jumps into the air.]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Slumber party!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Mr. Krabs staying at SpongeBob's place
‣ Zombie Organ Sting - Nicolas Carr ["We now return to tonight's scary movie..."]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["...Slumber Party Zombie Attack!"]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [movie on TV]
‣ Zombie Organ Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Teenagers."]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["Zombie teenagers?"]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Mr. Krabs destroying SpongeBob's house]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["It must be horrible to invite people into your home..."]
‣ Sponge Twist - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Pearl's party]
‣ Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer [Girly TeenGirl introduces herself]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's disguise]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - pizza delivery
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [Mr. Krabs drives away]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [empty pizza box]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["What's taking SpongeBob so long?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [knock at door]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Pizza!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob inside pizza box]
‣ Unknown Track 5 - SpongeBob as a piano repairman
‣ Steel Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Maybe we should leave them alone, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It's me, SpongeBob SquarePants."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [boiling oil]
‣ Unknown Track 30 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, please let me stay at your party!"]
‣ Steel Link (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Really?"]
‣ ? ["I only need eight."]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoo! Party!"]
‣ Flop and Go (a) - John Fox [SpongeBob ripping up newspapers]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Okay, I got to admit, that was kind of fun."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, Mr. Krabs' root beer cellar."]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Nicolas Carr ["Fun!"]
‣ Comic Capers (b) - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [SpongeBob absorbing root beer]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [zombie movie on TV]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob spraying root beer everywhere]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [Mr. Krabs' house is destroyed]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Mr. Krabs cries]
‣ Sponge Twist - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [ending]
- As of September 16, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 102 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 98 votes.
- Double irony: Mr. Krabs said No Boys Allowed,.Yet, he wanted SpongeBob to sneak in. Also, SpongeBob says Mr. Krabs, "It must be horrible to invite people into your home and have them treat your property with so little respect," when Mr. Krabs just treated his property with little respect.
- List of rules that Mr. Krabs puts up:
- No dancing
- No loud music after 7:30
- No touching the root beer cellar
- No talking in loud voices
- No eating snacks
- No laughing
- No jumping on the bed
- No loitering
- No picture taking
- No shell phones allowed
- No chewing gum
- No eating after midnight
- No rhubarb and strawberry pies
- No horseplay
- No vulgar language
- No shrieking
- No boys allowed
- The scene featuring Girly Teengirl is similar to the scene in "No Weenies Allowed" where a drifter who looks like SpongeBob attempts to gain entrance to The Salty Spitoon.
- This is the second episode where a sponge who is not related to SpongeBob appears trying to enter a place. The first is "No Weenies Allowed."
- Pearl and her friends watch the film Slumber Party Zombie Attack, which is the same movie SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs watch earlier in the episode.
- This episode marks the only time that Mr. Krabs is shown in his sleeveless shirt and underwear.
- This is the first episode to show Pearl as the main antagonist of an episode.
- Mr. Krabs is considered the secondary antagonist of this episode for his actions.
- This is the first episode where Pearl is seen barefoot.
- This is the first episode to feature a physical appearance of Pearl since "Best Frenemies." She was previously only heard in "Le Big Switch."
- This is the second episode to show someone allergic to newsprint, the first being "Can You Spare a Dime?" in Squidward's case. However, in that episode, it could have been an excuse for Squidward not to read the job listings.
- This is Tom King's last episode as a writer and storyboard director.
- This episode takes place before "Sing a Song of Patrick" because the unnamed band appears alive in this episode.
- This episode takes place after "Frankendoodle" because the magic mustache returns in this episode and flies away once again.
- In Arabic, this episode is called "الغريبة النوم," which translates to "Exotic Sleep."
- In Russian dub of this episode, Gary is called Harry (this is the only one time his name is different).
- Zombie Shock Syndrome is a parody of Shock Syndrome, a potentially fatal bacterial infection.
- Mr. Krabs' rule of "no eating after midnight" is a reference to the movie Gremlins.
- Mr. Krabs says "You should have been here in thirty minutes or less," a reference to Domino's Pizza's and other pizza chain's famous policy of making the pizza free if it takes more than thirty minutes to deliver.
- When Pearl looks at her watch, it switches to her other arm.
- The Goo Lagoon sign is different in this episode.
- It's possible that it was changed.
- There are two Nat Petersons at the beach party.
- The "No boys allowed" neon sign shorts out and so does Bikini Bottom. However, after the bubble transition, SpongeBob’s pineapple house is still on electricity.