The Other Patty" is a episode from SpongeBob SquarePants season eight. In this episode, Mr. Krabs and Plankton unite in their dislike of a new eatery called the Flabby Patty.
The Flabby Patty shack
The episode begins at the
Krusty Krab when SpongeBob is taking out the trash. Then, Plankton is seen trying to, once again, steal the formula. This time, Mr. Krabs lets him have it, then the patty explodes as part of new Krusty Krab security measures that can backfire on customers who swallow patties whole. SpongeBob is upset that Mr. Krabs and Plankton can't cooperate with each other, and Mr. Krabs claims they're like enemies. The episode comes to a test when a new eatery called the Flabby Patty is created.
Things take an unexpected turn for them when it turns out the Flabby Patty is better than the
Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs and Plankton compete to see who could get the secret recipe, but SpongeBob explains it's best if they cooperate. They disguise themselves as an employee applying for a job. The employer hires them and their first assignment is to memorize the secret recipe.
They are excited until the recipe is revealed to be about friendship. SpongeBob is revealed to be the employer and he said he created the restaurant to teach them about cooperation. Mr. Krabs and Plankton are angry and the episode ends when they chase SpongeBob with their newly formed "Co-operation."
( Associated production music ‣ )
( Original music • )
( SpongeBob music ◦ )
‣ Sea Shanty in Minor Key - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [title card]
‣ Zelle 502 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton pops out of a trash bag]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Aren't you gonna try, take it back from me?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Enjoy your Krabby Patty."]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Wow, you must have snapped, Krabs."]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [the Krabby Patty explodes]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [two customers leave the Krusty Krab]
‣ Lite Conversation - Gerhard Narholz ["Oh, man."]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["If only there was some way to bring you two back together."]
‣ Fairies (a) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Plankton smells something]
‣ Cosmos Adventure - John Fox [rocket launch]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phillip Green ["That was fantastic!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, I have great news!"]
‣ Fairies (a) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [customers vanish]
? - Krabs and Plankton argue ‣
‣ Steel Sting (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [they laugh]
‣ Chasey Racy - Norman Dane [Plankton jumps out of a plane]
‣ Mystery Murder - Phillip Green ["Mr. Krabs, I think we're here."]
‣ Battle Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton falling and screaming]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - W. Merrick Farran [Krabs looking for the Flabby Patty formula]
‣ Battle Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton falls down the chimney]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Krabs screams]
‣ Jalopy - Ron Aspery [Krabs hits himself with a shovel]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs, Plankton refuse to work together]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - Gerhard Narholz [Plankton as a fake restaurant critic]
‣ Creepy Sting 2 - W. Merrick Farran ["Okay, so here's the plan."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - Gerhard Narholz ["Ooh, an announcement."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [customers run away]
‣ Steel Sting (Original Version) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, how come you're not trampled?"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["That fool Krabs, he blew it again!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["FISH HOOKS! AAAH!!!"]
? - Jeremy Wakefield ‣ [Plankton trampled]
‣ Sneaking About - Phillip Green [Krabs and Plankton in disguise]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Gerhard Narholz [Krabs applies for a job at the Flabby Patty]
? - Krabs and Plankton fight over the recipe ‣
‣ Light Interlude 2 - Harry Bluestone [they read the recipe]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sounds like a recipe for cannibalism."]
‣ Go Hawaii Slide - ending
This is the second episode where Plankton and Mr. Krabs team-up together due to a new restaurant having so many customers. The first was " Best Frenemies."
SpongeBob references " Friend or Foe" when he says that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once best "palsie-walsies."
This is the fourth time Mr. Krabs tries to steal another formula. The first was in " Best Frenemies," the second was in " Spy Buddies," and the third was in " Plankton's Regular."
This was one of the few episodes where Mr. Krabs and Plankton team up considering they are enemies.
This is the second time SpongeBob makes a different version of a Krabby Patty by himself. The first was " Pretty Patties" from the episode " Patty Hype."
The title card has a resemblance to " The Original Fry Cook."
SpongeBob yells "The fish hooks are coming!" which could be a reference to Paul Revere saying "The British are coming!"
This episode is also known as "Patty Panic".
SpongeBob's eyelashes mistake
This episode premiered on Ricky Gervais' 50th birthday.
This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
When the Krabby Patty explodes, Plankton looks injured. In the next scene, Plankton is back to normal.
This also happens when Plankton is trampled by the fish running from the "fish hooks."
When Mr. Krabs and Plankton are in the disguise and SpongeBob tells them about co-operation, SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen.
In a failed Danish translation dub, this episode is called " The Other Patrick." Patrick is not even in this episode.
NOTE: This video is blocked in the U.S. 11:03
SpongeBob The Other Patty full episode