- Old Man Jenkins (fat; blue)
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Krabby Patty SpongeBob
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Jimmy Gus
- Frankie Billy
- Norma Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Monroe Timmy
- Jim's bodyguards (debut)
- Jim (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Nat Peterson
- Nathiel Waters
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Tina Fran
- Officer Rob Johnson
- French Narrator
SynopsisIt is a normal day at the Krusty Krab where Old Man Jenkins is making an order until Jim, the original Krusty Krab fry cook, arrives in his golden limousine. Jenkins, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward remember back when the Krusty Krab had "class." Squidward had long hair and Jim was the fry cook. Jim makes a Krabby Patty and SpongeBob eats it and loves it. He wants to cook like Jim, and Jim says not to step on the patty, since the customers run over a Krabby Patty made by SpongeBob when headed to greet Jim.
Jim then gives SpongeBob real lessons, but the latter cannot meet the former's standards, so SpongeBob decides to resign and give his job to Jim. Jim tells SpongeBob he quit because Mr. Krabs laughed at him when he asked for a raise. Mr. Krabs reveals that SpongeBob has one thing Jim does not have: he is cheap! Jim tells SpongeBob that he could be an even greater fry cook, but only if he leaves the Krusty Krab which he calls a dump. SpongeBob says that the restaurant is not a dump. Mr. Krabs says it is a dump, but it's his dump, as the episode ends.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [opening]
‣ Romantic Evening - Gary Hughes [adding the love]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson [limo arrives]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's Krabby Patty stepped on]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson ["It's Jim, me original fry cook!"]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr ["He who flipped Krabby Patties in the before time?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["You're doing well, Jim."]
‣ Skaters Waltz - Emile Charles Waldteufel, George Wilson [flashback to when the Krusty Krab had class]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone laughs]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Employee of the Month, huh?"]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs bangs on the Employee of the Month wall.]
‣ Cartoon Capers (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob crashes to the floor]
‣ Award Winner 1 - Harry Bluestone [Jim's "Best Employee Ever" award]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [Jim refuses to sign SpongeBob's patty]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah... not unless you look RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn ["One patty, the right way!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's a thing of beauty!"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob eats Jim's Krabby Patty]
‣ A Christmas Fantasy (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Wow... that was amazing!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["Um, Mr. Jim, sir?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob grovels]
‣ Knights of the Air - Sam Fonteyn [Jim critiquing SpongeBob's work]
‣ Knights of the Air Alt. End - Sam Fonteyn [Tons of patties in toilet]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob thinks Jim's replacing him]
‣ Fiesta Party - Norman Dane [Squidward dances]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [SpongeBob writes his resignation letter]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob hides in the freezer]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["This is terrible! No one's making patties!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [Jim asks where SpongeBob is]
‣ Drama Link (a) - Hubert Clifford ["Look at them."]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Long Way Home [#60] - Gregor F. Narholz ["But you're the greatest fry cook in the world."]
‣ Soul Organ Impromptu - Alan Hawkshaw [Jim explains why he quit]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs laughing]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [ending]
- This episode is available on the Friend or Foe?, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, First 100 Episodes, and SpongeBob, You're Fired! DVDs.
- As of August 17, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 156 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 7.7/10 based on 119 votes.
- The episode was available on the Friend or Foe? DVD, released earlier in 2007, before it aired on television.
- This is the first episode where the letters in the title card are made out of food. This happens again for "Plankton's Regular," "The Other Patty," and "Free Samples."
- This is the second episode where Squidward looks at himself through a mirror at the Krusty Krab cash register. The first was "Pickles."
- This episode reveals that Jim was the fry cook at the Krusty Krab before SpongeBob.
- Running gag: Jim flushing SpongeBob's patties down the toilet.
- In the Battle for Bikini Bottom video game, Squidward states he's always been bald. However, this episode portrays Squidward with long, blonde hair.
- This episode premiered on Jim Wise's 43rd birthday.
- This episode premiered one month after the Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille was released, which coincidentally starred Jim's voice actor, Patton Oswalt, as the main character and was about cooking.
- In the opening and closing credits, Patton Oswalt's name was misspelled "Patton Oswald."
- Towards the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob creates a heart out of ketchup on a Krabby Patty and it is entirely colored in. In the next shot, it is only an outline.
- In the flashback, the Krusty Krab is shown to be designed in architecturally superior light than its normal state. However, in the flashback where Jim explains why he quit, all the decor is replaced with normal Krusty Krab decor.
- When SpongeBob is talking to Mr. Krabs and says "I never thought about it that way!" one of his green holes turns gray for a split-second.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|