"The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, Patrick befriends a monster.
Patrick is playing around one day, when he stumbles upon a few jugs of radioactive waste. He pulls out the rubber stopper, saying he could add it to his rubber stopper collection. This allows the green goo to pour out and contaminate the coral around the jugs. Patrick then starts playing with a snow globe until a big coral monster hovers above him. Patrick hands the snow globe to the monster, showing him how to work it. The monster seems to have just as much fun as Patrick did with it. Then, Patrick and the monster smell each other's armpits, just to pass the time, and then they play a short game of hide and seek.
After playing a few rounds of coral ring toss, Patrick jumps in the monster's mouth and rides over to SpongeBob's house. SpongeBob sees Patrick in the monster's mouth and thinks he is being eaten by him. He then has a flashback to a problem "just as bad" the day before, when the soda machine at the Krusty Krab ran out of ice. Patrick then introduces the monster to SpongeBob, who finds out the monster's name is Rrarrg. Patrick says Rrarrg can live under his rock, but Rrarrg tries it and smashes Patrick's house. Patrick and SpongeBob then encourage him to go and smash SpongeBob's house. Gary escapes the house right before it is destroyed.
He then smashes Squidward's house and is put under captivity by the police. When a cop sneezes in the megaphone, Rrarrg goes berserk. He then goes through Bikini Bottom and the police finally catch him and drive him out of town. However, SpongeBob has an idea.
They transport Rrarrg and Patrick to a snowy mountain to get ice for the customers at the Krusty Krab. Whenever a customer needs ice, SpongeBob just calls Patrick for Rrarrg to smash a big block of it and to throw the cubes to the Krusty Krab when the ice machine is broken. The customer thanks SpongeBob for the ice and SpongeBob asks him to thank Rrarrg, leaving the customer in confusion.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [title card]
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [toxic waste]
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [snow globe]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [loud stomping]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [monster revealed]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - "No wonder you're angry."
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [much, much later...]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Patrick and the monster still laughing
‣ Clumsy (c) - Bernd Gesell [playing hide-and-seek]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [coral ring toss]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob feeding Gary]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [monster approaching SpongeBob's house]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#56] - Phil Green ["Hey, SpongeBob! Hey, up here!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz ["This is even worse than yesterday!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [yesterday...]
‣ Epic Tragedy - Gerhard Trede ["NO!!!! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!?!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Patrick at the door]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#54] - Phil Green [Patrick introduces SpongeBob to the monster]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [monster smashes Patrick's house]
‣ Terror Hunt - Phil Green ["He's going to smash my house?!"]
‣ High Hazard - Philippe Pares [monster smashes SpongeBob's house]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [monster smashes Squidward's house]
‣ Crime & Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [cops arrive]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["Hold it, buddy."]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin ["Pile of gravel?!"]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [monster waves at Squidward]
‣ Someone Coming - Raymond C. Jones [cop sneezes into megaphone]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [monster escapes]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Stephen Walter ["Quick, everybody into the squad car!"]
‣ Domestic Fun (b) - Ernest Tomlinson [magazine stand]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["One more step and I'll sneeze!"]
‣ No Fear OL - Udi Harpaz ["Wait just one minute!"]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Just let me talk to him for a minute."]
‣ ? ["And so, as the lowly snail sheddeth his shell..."]
‣ Aloha Eo - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Monster leaves]
‣ Yodel of Joy - Renato Bui, Martha Wild [making ice cubes]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 73 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.4/10 based on 131 votes.
- This is the first episode in the Legends of Bikini Bottom miniseries.
- Right before the premiere of this and the other episodes of the anthology series on TV, a Patchy introduction would air, where he finds the The Legends of Bikini Bottom book, to tell the stories to Potty. This was never released in DVD.
- When Rrarrg destroys SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward's houses, computer-generated animation is used when they crumble into pieces.
- The Yesterday time card is similar to the "Blackened Sponge" title card.
- This episode shows SpongeBob overreacts about the simplest of things. In this case, ice. That last time this happened was in "Born to Be Wild."
- In the late season 7 in the intro, the 2009 Nickelodeon logo appears above the logo.
- The title card music is the same music used in "Whelk Attack."
- In "Hide and Then What Happens?," Patrick doesn't know how to play "Hide and Seek," but in this episode, he does, meaning that this episode takes place after that one.
- The short "Things to Do When Encountering a Legendary Creature" proves that this is somewhat fictional to the continuity of the show because SpongeBob and Patrick do not know who he is in that short meaning that while the story is might be true, but if it is, SpongeBob and Patrick are not in it.
- This episode premiered eight years after Tales from the Deep, Bikini Bottom Bash!, and Deep Sea Sillies were released, one year after "Penny Foolish" and "Nautical Novice" were released in Poland, and six years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Spain.
- This is one of two episodes with a time card that references the past instead of the future. The other is "License to Milkshake."
- In some scenes, Patrick talks but his lips do not move.
- When Rrarrg is in the cage, he looks bigger than before. While in the town, he looks much smaller from his earlier appearances.
- When Rrarrg drools on Patrick, there's three puddles, but when he roars and snatches his snow globe, they're gone.
- The blue police man has the megaphone, but then about 3 seconds later, the tan police man has it.
- When Patrick is in Rrarrg's mouth with the ring toss ring, it is behind Rrarrg's teeth, but when Rrarrg moves, the ring is in front of Rrarrg's teeth.