- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Ryan (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
In the Krusty Krab, a woman fish steps over and files a complaint about something wrong with her Krabby Patty. It has a sea urchin in it and Squidward is very freaked out by this. He tries to smash it with the register, but ends up getting the urchin on his nose. He tries to smash the urchin again, but falls out of the register, with the urchin still on his nose. SpongeBob walks over to Squidward and takes the urchin off his nose. SpongeBob takes the urchin to his workplace, but the urchin bites him and falls down, turning the grill's heat to very hot, but SpongeBob doesn't notice that. As SpongeBob cooks, he gets hotter and hotter and sweatier and sweatier. He notices his mistake too late and is shrunk down smaller than his spatula.
SpongeBob gets up and climbs onto the counter. He says "It's huge!" to everything he sees. He then skates on the grill using butter, but the grill burns out and turns off. Spongebob goes down to the bottom of the grill to investigate.
Spongebob finds the urchin in a mousetrap. He sets it free, and in return, chases Spongebob. The two run up and Spongebob activates a soda machine. They then are washed into a drain, but Spongebob is able to escape, while the urchin falls down, leaving his fate unknown.
Squidward then rings the bell for a Krabby Patty. He carries one out down into the seating area. Squidward thinks SpongeBob is an urchin trying to steal a Krabby Patty, and tries to smash it. Mr. Krabs picks Spongebob and the patty up, and, thinking he's Plankton, flicks SpongeBob to the Chum Bucket. He lands on Plankton. Plankton wonders why Spongebob is so small, but then measures both him and Spongebob and says "I am a towering half a millimeter taller than you! I win!" SpongeBob then lets some measuring tape wrap Plankton. He then touches it, slicing Plankton into pieces. SpongeBob is kicked out and lands on the Krusty Krab window. A kid picks him up, thinking he's an action figure. He shows the "action figure" to his friends, and they fight over it. SpongeBob runs away, until he jumps into Squidward's shirt pocket. SpongeBob is now safe, and Mr. Krabs says the kids need to get their parents' money to get the "action figure." The kids run the customers out of the restaurant.
Mr. Krabs realizes the "action figure" is SpongeBob. He then says that now that SpongeBob is so small, he only earns a penny a year. He is also now a personal hygienist. After doing stuff such as mowing a guy's back, and doing something in another guy's toenails, SpongeBob takes a break and lays on the sink.
An angry Squidward uses Spongebob to clean the dishes, mistaking him for soap. Squidward then drops Spongebob into the soapy water, growing him so big that he takes up the entire Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs, in SpongeBob's hand, yells for Squidward to call the fire department. The giant SpongeBob says "No need to call them, Mr. Krabs," then walks there while using the restaurant as new clothes.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ ? [Urchin in a Krabby Patty.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward screams as he sees the urchin.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks I - Jeremy Wakefield ["He's still one of Neptune's creatures."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob takes the urchin into the kitchen.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Good thing he is a little guy."]
‣ Unknown Track 73 - Grill heats up.
‣ Kitsch Latin Cool - Malcolm Lockyer [Patties "dancing" on the grill as SpongeBob cooks them.]
‣ Tympup (a) - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob's body starts to shrink.]
‣ Kitsch Latin Cool - Malcolm Lockyer ["Whoa! That's too hot!"]
‣ Unknown Track 57 - SpongeBob is seen shrunked.
‣ The March of the Ants - Sidney Crooke [SpongeBob covers himself with slices of pickles.]
‣ Slow Figure Skating - Gerhard Trede [SpongeBob skating on the grill.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob's feet on fire.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks V - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sighs in relief.]
‣ Moon Walk - John Fox [SpongeBob tries to flip patties.]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox [SpongeBob jumps beneath the grill.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob absorbs grease.]
‣ Evil Atmosphere - Clive Richardson [SpongeBob hears a noise.]
‣ Big Bad Giant - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob sees the urchin trapped.]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob frees the urchin with his teeth.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob smiles without teeth.]
‣ Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [Urchin roars at SpongeBob.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Urchin chases SpongeBob]
‣ Sailor's Sting 32 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["One Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred Burns [Squidward goes after SpongeBob mistaking him for an urchin.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs mistakes SpongeBob for Plankton.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Plankton sees SpongeBob shrunken.]
‣ Evil Wizard OL - Udi Harpaz ["I WIN!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cut up by tape measure.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Karen flicks SpongeBob back to the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stuck to the Krusty Krab window.]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Kids mistake SpongeBob for an action figure.]
‣ Unknown Track 36 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Kids chase SpongeBob around the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Wooden Bear - Tony Tape, Gil Flat, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob wavers the kids.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks XIII - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers run out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Prologue of a Drama #9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Krabs and Squidward shocked to discover SpongeBob tiny.]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Krabs doesn't let SpongeBob to work in the kitchen because of his size.]
‣ Enigma Vibe 2 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs thinks.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob works as a personal hygienist.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 22 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob goes on break.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patty lands on Squidward's eye.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm too little."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 28 - Squidward washing dishes.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks I - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm big enough to flip patties again!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob grows to gigantic size.]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of December 2, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.7/10 based on 130 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- This episode aired in Israel on July 4, 2017, in Russia on July 23, 2017, in Iberia on September 19, 2017, in the Middle East on September 29, 2017, in Poland on October 18, 2017, in the Netherlands on November 4, 2017, and in Greece on November 20, 2017 prior to its USA airdate.
- It was also leaked on Nick.de (Nick Germany's official website) on July 25, 2017 and on Nickelodeon.nl (Nick Netherlands official website) in the same month.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track Shellfish Behavior since "Gary's New Toy."
- During its initial release to the US, it was paired with the episode "Pat the Horse."
- In the USA, this episode had made a promotion to the live-action Nickelodeon Original Movie Tiny Christmas premiering on the same day. The movie was part of Nickelodeon's 2017 holiday lineup. The movie is also the reason why they chose this episode to air that day.
- This episode is the last episode of season 10 in airing order.
- This is the third episode to involve shrinking. The first was in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" and the second was in "Squidtastic Voyage."
- SpongeBob makes a reference to Neil Armstrong's famous quote: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
- The episode's title is a reference to the film The Incredible Shrinking Man.
- It may also be a reference to a title to an episode of The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy called "The Incredible Shrinking Mandy."