- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Nat Peterson
- Sheldon J. Plankton (cameo)
- Officer John Slugfish (cameo)
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Billy (lime fish)
- Frankie Billy
- Miss Shell
- Old Man Jenkins
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Mailfish (debut)
- Horace (picture)
- Mevis (picture)
- Dennis Rechid
- White Fish
- Billy (brown fish)
One day, Mr. Krabs is shown looking through a telescope on the top of the Krusty Krab, spying on customers and taking pictures of any Bikini Bottom residents. He then enters the restaurant and calls SpongeBob and Squidward into his office. He shows them the pictures of the customers and asks SpongeBob if he has seen any of them inside the Krusty Krab. They both answer in the negative and Mr. Krabs then tells SpongeBob and Squidward that twp percent of the residents of Bikini Bottom have not set foot in the Krusty Krab, which means that two percent of money is not being earned. He tells them that he wants them to go out and promote the restaurant, but only SpongeBob is willing while Squidward stays at the Krusty Krab.
The next scene, SpongeBob is shown coming out of a giant hole at the top of the Krusty Krab wearing a Krabby Patty costume and jumping off of a giant spatula. He asks a random fish if he has heard of the Krusty Krab, and he tells SpongeBob that he is just about to enter the restaurant. The man takes flyers that SpongeBob is offering about the Krusty Krab and leaves. Patrick is then shown watching SpongeBob, whom he believes to be evidence of the "invasion of the giant patties" from behind a giant rock. He then lunges out at his friend and tries to eat him. When SpongeBob tells him that he is inside the costume, Patrick thinks that the patty ate SpongeBob and continues to attack him, and launches him into the air. The costume lands on top of Plankton, who is about to go to the Krusty Krab to attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Patrick makes sure that SpongeBob is okay, and SpongeBob tells him of his job to promote the Krusty Krab. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he needs an even bigger advertisement blitz.
Patrick has then shown shaving the message "Eat at the Krusty Krab" on SpongeBob's back, and painting the message on the walls with black paint. SpongeBob is then used to stamp the message all over downtown. A cop walks by and considers arresting them for graffiti, but then decides to go get a Krabby Patty instead. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he had hired a skywriter, but the skywriter falls out of the plane, holding a clipboard that says "Help me", and crashes onto the edge of a cliff. A scout leader and three campers are then shown, on a tour of the oldest tree in Bikini Bottom. However, the tree falls over when Patrick creates the advertisement out of its leaves.
SpongeBob is then shown exiting a bathroom stall and telling a man that they had left a present for him. The man walks into the stall and sees that "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is written on every sheet of toilet paper. Patrick is then shown flying a plane with a banner advertisement in back, and SpongeBob is shown flying a blimp. Patrick almost crashes into SpongeBob, but somehow the blimp avoids the plane. They soon collide, however, and both fall to the ground, screaming. Pilar expresses that if he sees the words "Krusty Krab" one more time, he will scream. When the blimp and plane both crash in front of him, and he sees that it says "Krusty Krab", he screams and causes SpongeBob's and Patrick's skins to change places.
Suddenly, a cellphone is heard ringing inside of Patrick's pocket, and it turns out to be Mr. Krabs, calling them and telling them that their advertisement campaign is working well, and that the Krusty Krab is packed, as well as that some of the customers who had never previously entered the restaurant are now there. Squidward is shown cooking the patties as well as taking many orders. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Patrick to continue doing what they have been doing and to try to find the last 1 percent, which they are unsure of how to find. They realize that they did not advertise over a highway of boats, and go there. Patrick turns into a traffic cone and makes a truck stop, and "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is then painted on the truck's side by SpongeBob.
After causing a massive crash, the two then go back to the Krusty Krab to tell to Mr. Krabs they made it, and the crashed cars' drivers are seen charging into the Krusty Krab. He and Patrick tried their best to hold the door, but Mr. Krabs welcomes them in. As the customers were breaking the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs grabs one of the last customers and brings him to the top of Krusty Krab to give him a Krabby Patty. He voices his approval of the campaign and the Krusty Krab completely collapses right after.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [title card]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [opening]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells SpongeBob, Squidward to promote the Krusty Krab]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob in a Krabby Patty suit]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I knew this day would come!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Patrick attacks SpongeBob]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [patty suit lands on Plankton]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["Everyone should know the name of the, um... Krusty Krab!"]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick shaving SpongeBob's back]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [fish falls from the sky]
‣ Unknown Track 62 - "Okay, campers."
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab ad in a tree]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - Bathroom
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick flying a plane]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - blimp crashes
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [after fish screams]
‣ Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Squidward cooking patties]
‣ City Dash - Harry Lubin [freeway]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [truck approaching]
‣ Unknown Track 61 - hillbilly truck drivers
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Hit the brakes, Beuford!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob paints on the side of the truck]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [several cars veer off the road]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["We did it, Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Tear it down! Tear it down!..."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's him!"]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling ["Let's savor the moment."]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - ending
- As of May 3, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.6/10 based on 59 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 7.7/10 based on 7 votes.
- Some of the hillbillies from "Trenchbillies" can be seen in the truck.
- However, unlike the ones from the episode "Trenchbillies," these ones had pupils.
- Mr. Krabs states on how many people have never eaten a Krabby Patty. However, in "Just One Bite," SpongeBob seems shocked when he found out that Squidward has never eaten one.
- Originally, this episode was going to have SpongeBob try to get a good nickname for the Krusty Krab. The plot changed sometime in January 2012. This was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- This episode first aired with "Squid Baby." It's a Season 9 episode, despite this being a Season 8 episode.
- When this premiered, at the end of the episode, the credits showed the cast for "The Good Krabby Name" and "Move It or Lose It" instead of "Squid Baby" and "The Good Krabby Name."
- Though, this might be because "Squid Baby" is a Season 9 episode.
- Patrick refers to a previous episode, "To Save a Squirrel," from Season 5. When he said 'I know what to do, It's Eat Or Be Eaten'. This is the second episode in the series to reference a past episode. The first time was in "Whelk Attack," when SpongeBob said he had the suds, which is a reference to the episode, "Suds."
- In several past episodes it is stated that everyone in Bikini Bottom has eaten at the Krusty Krab at least once meaning this episode has been in a past time.
- This is the third time a highway is shown. The first two were in "Mid-Life Crustacean" and "SpongeBob's Last Stand."
- A conjunction will also be seen in "Tutor Sauce."
- The pictures Mr. Krabs was showing the pictures of the people, some of them actually eat there.
- This is the only episode where Squidward actually can cook Krabby Patties.
- However, in "Breath of Fresh Squidward," Squidward managed to cook good Krabby Patties as well but that may be due to him turning nice.
- It could also be that Squidward has learned how to make Krabby Patties since recent episodes of the show have Squidward cooking them successfully.
- Or maybe SpongeBob or Mr. Krabs taught him how for when SpongeBob was out promoting the Krusty Krab.
- This is the third time Patrick helps advertise for the Krusty Krab. The other times were in the episodes "No Hat for Pat" and "Chum Bucket Supreme."
- This is the fifth time SpongeBob flies something himself, in this case, a blimp. He also flew a blimp in "Treats!" and also flown a plane in "Have You Seen This Snail?," and attempted to fly one in "The Sponge Who Could Fly." He flew a hot air balloon in "Are You Happy Now?," and flew a flying submarine in "Hide and Then What Happens?" The next time SpongeBob is up in the sky will be in "License to Milkshake."
- If 2% of the population did set foot in the Krusty Krab, and 12 people was 2%, then that means there must be at least 600 people in Bikini Bottom by now. The population must have increased or decreased by 62 before/after "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" because the population in that episode was 538.
- This episode premiered in Canada on Johnny Knoxville's 42nd birthday and eight years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Austria.
- This is the second time Patrick shaves SpongeBob. The first was in "Scaredy Pants."
- This episode and "Squid Baby" premiered right before a commercial-free airing of the original version of "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," in celebration of the film's 30th anniversary at the time.
- The fish who said "If I see the words "Krusty Krab" again, I'm going to scream" was black, but changed to blue when he saw the blimp.
- His eye orientation changed as well.
- When Squidward left the Krusty Krab, he threw his hat on the ground near SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs. In the next shot, his hat wasn't there.
- When Patrick said he could see his house, SpongeBob's house walkway was solid black.
- Mr. Krabs took a picture of an old lady without glasses but when he shows the picture to SpongeBob the old lady has glasses on.
- Some fish in the pictures have been to the Krusty Krab before.
- It is possible that they are different fish, but have the same design as other fish.
- When the boats fall off the highway across from the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket is missing.
- SpongeBob and Patrick jump off the highway on the right side. Thaddeus swerves left, instead.
- However, Thaddeus landed where the Chum Bucket would be, so this would be explainable.
- The "big pile of roads" has multiple roads when the camera first pans to it. In the next shot, there is only 1 road.
- SpongeBob and Patrick were able to climb up onto the road, which should have been impossible, considering that the roads were so high up.
- The roads were missing after the cars crashed to the ground.
- Norton, the orange mailfish, climbs out of the car pile, but the green mail fish (the last one percent) is the one at the door.