"The Good Krabby Name" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eight. In this episode, Mr. Krabs wants to promote the Krusty Krab.
One day, Mr. Krabs is shown looking through a telescope on the top of the Krusty Krab, spying on customers and taking pictures of any Bikini Bottom residents. He then enters the restaurant and calls SpongeBob and Squidward into his office. He shows them the pictures of the customers and asks SpongeBob if he has seen any of them inside the Krusty Krab. They both answer in the negative and Mr. Krabs then tells SpongeBob and Squidward that two percent of the residents of Bikini Bottom have not set foot in the Krusty Krab, which means that two percent of money is not being earned. He tells them that he wants them to go out and promote the restaurant, but only SpongeBob is willing while Squidward stays at the Krusty Krab.
The next scene, SpongeBob is shown coming out of a giant hole at the top of the Krusty Krab wearing a Krabby Patty costume and jumping off of a giant spatula. He asks a random fish if he has heard of the Krusty Krab, and he tells SpongeBob that he is just about to enter the restaurant. The man takes flyers that SpongeBob is offering about the Krusty Krab and leaves. Patrick is then shown watching SpongeBob, whom he believes to be evidence of the "invasion of the giant patties" from behind a giant rock. He then lunges out at his friend and tries to eat him. When SpongeBob tells him that he is inside the costume, Patrick thinks that the patty ate SpongeBob and continues to attack him, and launches him into the air. The costume lands on top of Plankton, who is about to go to the Krusty Krab to attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Patrick makes sure that SpongeBob is okay, and SpongeBob tells him of his job to promote the Krusty Krab. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he needs an even bigger advertisement blitz.
Patrick is then shown shaving the message "Eat at the Krusty Krab" on SpongeBob's back, and painting the message on the walls with black paint. SpongeBob is then used to stamp the message all over downtown. A cop walks by and considers arresting them for graffiti, but then decides to go get a Krabby Patty instead. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he had hired a skywriter, but the skywriter falls out of the plane, holding a clipboard that says "Help me", and crashes onto the edge of a cliff. A scout leader and three campers are then shown, on a tour of the oldest tree in Bikini Bottom. However, the tree falls over when Patrick creates the advertisement out of its leaves.
SpongeBob is then shown exiting a bathroom stall and telling a man that they had left a present for him. The man walks into the stall and sees that "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is written on every sheet of toilet paper. Patrick is then shown flying a plane with a banner advertisement in back, and SpongeBob is shown flying a blimp. Patrick almost crashes into SpongeBob, but somehow the blimp avoids the plane. They soon collide, however, and both fall to the ground, screaming. Pilar expresses that if he sees the words "Krusty Krab" one more time, he will scream. When the blimp and plane both crash in front of him, and he sees that it says "Krusty Krab," he screams and causes SpongeBob's and Patrick's skins to change places.
Suddenly, a cellphone is heard ringing inside of Patrick's pocket, and it turns out to be Mr. Krabs, calling them and telling them that their advertisement campaign is working well, and that the Krusty Krab is packed, as well as that some of the customers who had never previously entered the restaurant are now there. Squidward is shown cooking the patties as well as taking many orders. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Patrick to continue doing what they have been doing and to try to find the last 1 percent, which they are unsure of how to find. They realize that they did not advertise over a highway of boats, and go there. Patrick turns into a traffic cone and makes a truck stop, and "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is then painted on the truck's side by SpongeBob.
After causing a massive crash, the two then go back to the Krusty Krab to tell to Mr. Krabs they made it, and the crashed cars' drivers are seen charging into the Krusty Krab. He and Patrick tried their best to hold the door, but Mr. Krabs welcomes them in.
As the customers were breaking the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs grabs one of the last customers and brings him to the top of Krusty Krab to give him a Krabby Patty. He voices his approval of the campaign and the Krusty Krab completely collapses right after.
‣ Peg Leg Waltz
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [title card]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [opening]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells SpongeBob, Squidward to promote the Krusty Krab]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob in a Krabby Patty suit]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I knew this day would come!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Patrick attacks SpongeBob]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [patty suit lands on Plankton]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["Everyone should know the name of the, um... Krusty Krab!"]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick shaving SpongeBob's back]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [fish falls from the sky]
‣ Proud to be a Hillbilly - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, campers."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab ad in a tree]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bathroom]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick flying a plane]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - blimp crashes
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [after fish screams]
‣ Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Squidward cooking patties]
‣ City Dash - Harry Lubin [freeway]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [truck approaching]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr [hillbilly truck drivers]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Hit the brakes, Beuford!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob paints on the side of the truck]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [several cars veer off the road]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["We did it, Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Tear it down! Tear it down!..."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's him!"]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling ["Let's savor the moment."]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - ending
- As of May 3, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.6/10 based on 59 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.7/10 based on 7 votes.
- Some of the hillbillies from "Trenchbillies" can be seen in the truck.
- However, unlike the ones from the episode "Trenchbillies," these ones have pupils.
- Mr. Krabs states on how many people have never eaten a Krabby Patty. However, in "Just One Bite," SpongeBob seems shocked when he finds out that Squidward has never eaten one.
- Although this episode premiered in 2012, it was made in 2011 according to the credits.
- This episode first aired with "Squid Baby," a season 9 episode, despite this being a season 8 episode.
- When this premiered, at the end of the episode, the credits showed the cast for "The Good Krabby Name" and "Move It or Lose It" instead of "Squid Baby" and "The Good Krabby Name."
- Patrick refers to a previous episode, "To Save a Squirrel," when he says "I know what to do; it's eat or be eaten'."
- In several past episodes it is stated that everyone in Bikini Bottom has eaten at the Krusty Krab at least once, meaning this episode has been in a past time.
- This episode marks the third time a highway is shown. The first two are in "Mid-Life Crustacean" and "SpongeBob's Last Stand."
- When Mr. Krabs shows the pictures of the people, some of them have actually been seen eating at the Krusty Krab before.
- This episode marks the third time Patrick helps advertise for the Krusty Krab. The others are in "No Hat for Pat" and "Chum Bucket Supreme."
- This episode marks the fifth time SpongeBob flies something himself, in this case, a blimp. He also flies a blimp in "Treats!" and also flies a plane in "Have You Seen This Snail?," and attempts to fly one in "The Sponge Who Could Fly." He flies a hot air balloon in "Are You Happy Now?" and flies a flying submarine in "Hide and Then What Happens?"
- If 2% of the population did set foot in the Krusty Krab, and 12 people was 2%, then that means there must be at least 600 people in Bikini Bottom by now. The population must have increased or decreased by 62 before/after "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" because the population in that episode was 538.
- This episode premiered in Canada on Johnny Knoxville's 42nd birthday and eight years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Austria.
- This episode marks the second time Patrick shaves SpongeBob. The first is in "Scaredy Pants."
- This episode marks the second time that SpongeBob and Patrick had their body swapped. The first time happened in "Roller Cowards."
- This episode and "Squid Baby" premiered right before a commercial-free airing of the original version of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, in celebration of the film's 30th anniversary at the time.
- The fish who says "If I see the words "Krusty Krab" again, I'm going to scream" is black, but changes to blue when he sees the blimp.
- His eye orientation changes as well.
- When Squidward leaves the Krusty Krab, he throws his Krusty Krab employee hat on the ground near SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs. In the next shot, his hat isn't there.
- When Patrick says he can see his house, SpongeBob's house walkway is solid black.
- Mr. Krabs takes a picture of an old lady without glasses, but when he shows the picture to SpongeBob, the old lady has glasses on.
- Some fish in the pictures have been to the Krusty Krab before.
- When the boats fall off the highway across from the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket is missing.
- The "big pile of roads" has multiple roads when the camera first pans to it. In the next shot, there is only one road.
- SpongeBob and Patrick are able to climb up onto the road, which should have been impossible, considering that the roads are so high up.
- The roads are missing after the cars crash to the ground.
- Norton, the orange mailfish, climbs out of the car pile, but the green mail fish (the last one present) is the one at the door.