- Smitty Werben Man Jensen (name on gravestone)
- Mrs. Puff
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Construction worker (green)
- Stickyfins Whiting (debut)
- Radio News Anchor (heard only)
- Dorsal Dan (debut)
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Debbie Rechid
- Debbie's daughter (debut)
- Fancy dandy fish
- Gus' date
- Nathiel Waters
- Nathiel's date (debut)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Vera Fishbowl (purple fin)
- Norma Rechid
- Tina's Date (debut)
- Tina Fran
- Medley Fishbowl
- Miss Shell
- Administrator Flotsam
- Other fancy restaurant customers
- Con Man
- Squidward Tentacles (likeness only)
- Jimmy Gus
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottom Prison Guard
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder
- Yellow Guard (debut)
SpongeBob is having a boating lesson with Mrs. Puff, and while he is driving, he arrives at the cemetery. He accidentally crashes into a recently dug grave, and then Mrs. Puff wishes she didn't have to teach him. SpongeBob then reverses his way towards the Bikini Bottom Jail. Mrs. Puff quickly gets off the boat and says that she doesn't care who teaches him as long as she doesn't have to teach him. Mrs. Puff then goes to the phone box to phone another driving instructor.
Soon, an escaped convict, Stickyfins Whiting, arrives and immediately sits in the boat. Stickyfins then tells SpongeBob to drive as fast as he can. Mrs. Puff quickly shouts at SpongeBob to come back, but then she realizes that she said she wanted SpongeBob back even though she sincerely doesn't. Later, another escaped convict, Dorsal Dan, arrives to pick up Stickyfins.
Back at Mrs. Puff's boat, Stickyfins notices the police are chasing them, then tells SpongeBob to drive crazily. SpongeBob soon drives like crazy, smashing into building by building. SpongeBob then smashes into the balcony of a fancy restaurant. Taking advantage of the fancy restaurant, Stickyfins steals all of the expensive belongings of other people, and then soon escapes to the streets. Stinkyfins immediately tells SpongeBob to turn around and drive on the correct direction to avoid being noticed in the large crowd of drivers.
Later, Dorsal Dan noticed the mess, and tells Mrs. Puff that SpongeBob and Stickyfins escaped. He then introduces himself to Mrs. Puff. Then Mrs. Puff starts to like how he talks and behaves, feeling romance.
Stickyfins then arrives at a jewelry store, then tells SpongeBob that distracted drivers are dangerous, and that distracting the salesman in the jewelry store can help with "abstract thinking." SpongeBob then distracts the salesman with various mimicking of abstract thoughts. Soon, Stickyfins steals all of the jewelry in the store, then gets away along with SpongeBob. They then go to the electronics store to steal more stuff. Later on, Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan notice the jewelry store has been robbed.
SpongeBob then drives to the boat wash to wash the boat. Stickyfins is angry with what SpongeBob is doing with the boat. Later, Mrs. Puff feels more romance towards Dorsal Dan. Soon, a passing truck blows away the bubbles and reveals that SpongeBob is driving with an escaped convict. SpongeBob drives faster and then crashes into a golf course called "Driving Range." Soon, everyone is golfing golfballs onto Stickyfins. They then quickly drive away. Stickyfins then cries about what has happened.
Soon, the police are chasing Stickyfins again. Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan notice Stickyfins and SpongeBob. Stickyfins is begging for help, while SpongeBob tells Mrs. Puff that the "new driving instructor" is helping him to drive in a very new way. Mrs. Puff advises him to keep eyes on the road at all times. Hearing this, SpongeBob literally does this, dropping his eyes onto the road, instead of watching the road. Dorsal Dan near-misses a fall from the cliff by swiftly turning. SpongeBob doesn't turn, so falls down the cliff. The police also chase them down the cliff. Stickyfins struggles to escape the boat, but then the boat crashes onto the Bikini Bottom Jail. Stickyfins then admits he doesn't want to leave jail, and begs the lawyer and prison guards not to leave prison, then quickly runs towards a solitary cell.
Later, Dorsal Dan is found by the police and then taken into the same solitary cell as Stickyfins has. Mrs. Puff begs them not to take him away. Later, police cars fall onto the Bikini Bottom Jail grounds. The police officers are all safe, advising the audience, "Drive safely, and always wear your seat belt!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [Title card.]
‣ The Ghostly Graveyard (b) - Roger Dexter [Opening.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You stopped in front of the prison?"]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Stickyfins Whiting escapes from prison.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News on radio.]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Stickyfins drive away.]
‣ The Ghostly Graveyard (b) - Roger Dexter [Dorsal Dan pulls up.]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [Police cars chase SpongeBob and Stickyfins.]
‣ Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [SpongeBob drives crazy.]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Stickyfins in baby clothes.]
‣ Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Car crashes into a building.]
‣ Unknown Track 9 - SpongeBob and Stickyfins in fancy clothes.
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Car crashes into a fancy restaurant.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders [Mrs. Puff and Dorsal drive into a destroyed part of the city.]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [SpongeBob and Stickyfins arrive at jewelry store.]
‣ Mini Mischief - Johnny Pearson [SpongeBob distracts while Sticky Fins robs the store.]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [SpongeBob and Stickyfins leave the jewelry store.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders ["Help, I've been robbed!"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob waiting for Stickyfins in the car.]
‣ Hit and Run - Ralph Dollimore [Boat wash.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders ["I think your sponge should be around here somewhere."]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff sees SpongeBob.]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Stickyfins hit by golf balls and coral.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [Stickyfins cries.]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Would you like to test me on roadsides now?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Falling rocks sign.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Rocks fall on Stickyfins.]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [Police cars chase SpongeBob and Stickyfins again.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm back!"]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [Dorsal Dan captured.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll wait for you, my little tenderfoot!"]
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of July 18, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.5/10 based on 8 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.5/10 based on 1 votes.
- This is the second episode where a criminal takes advantage of SpongeBob to commit a crime, only for it to be a downfall due to his naive annoyance, the first being "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."
- This episode takes place after "Mimic Madness" because SpongeBob is able to control his Mocking Mimicry Madness.
- This episode probably takes place before "Krusty Love" and "Whirly Brains" because Mrs. Puff is shown flirting with another man.
- Though, it's possible Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff broke up. After all, there have been episodes where Mr. Krabs flirts with other women, and even goes on a date with a pile of cash in "Married to Money" (though she is later revealed to be Plankton in robotic disguise).
- In Spot Returns, there is a picture of Mr. Krabs in Mrs. Puff's House meaning they're still dating.
- This is the third episode to feature SpongeBob as the only main character, the others being "No Free Rides" and "The Hot Shot."
- All three of these episodes are driving episodes.
- When SpongeBob drives through a coral field, Stickyfins gets hit by corals that spell "Kaz," a writer on the show who also wrote this episode.
- This is the first episode to have Adam Paloian credited as supervising director instead of storyboard supervisor.
- The grave of Smitty Werben Man Jensen can be seen in the cemetery.
- This is the seventh episode to contain no daytime scenes whatsoever, the first being "Scaredy Pants," the second being "Graveyard Shift," the third being "The Camping Episode," the fourth being "The Krusty Plate," the fifth being "Don't Look Now," and the sixth being "Sharks vs. Pods."
- The Snail-Po truck from "Have You Seen This Snail?" can briefly be seen.
- In Greece, this episode premiered on July 14, 2017 and the title is Η Απόδραση (The Escape)
- This episode premiered 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Denmark, seven years after the premiere of "No Hat for Pat" and "Toy Store of Doom" in Poland, four years after the premiere of "Squiditis" and "Demolition Doofus" in Greece, three years after the name and poster of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was revealed, two years after "SpongeBob Comics #45" was released, and one year after "SpongeBob Checks His Snapper Chat" was released.
- When SpongeBob takes out his brain he plays with it like a Rubix Cube.
- The gear stick on the boat SpongeBob is driving resembles an 8 ball.
- After Dorsal Dan says "Romance always has the right-of-way," his mustache disappears for a second.
- In the Russian, Asian, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, and Scandinavian airings, the title card is mistakenly cut.
- In the German dub, the title card says "Fundsachen" which is supposed to be the German title of the sister episode "Lost and Found." On November 26, 2017, the episode aired with a new title card.
- The same error happens in "Lost and Found" where the title card says "Flucht vor dem Fahrer" which is supposed to be the German title of this episode.