|21a - "Your Shoe's Untied"|
|21b - "Squid's Day Off"|
|22a - "Something Smells"|
|22b - "Bossy Boots"|
|23a - "Big Pink Loser"|
|23b - "Bubble Buddy"|
|24a - "Dying for Pie"|
|24b - "Imitation Krabs"|
|25a - "Wormy"|
|25b - "Patty Hype"|
|26a - "Grandma's Kisses"|
|26b - "Squidville" (listed as "Squidsville")|
|27a - "Prehibernation Week"|
|27b - "Life of Crime"|
|28 - "Christmas Who?"|
|List of home videos|
|29a - "Survival of the Idiots"|
|29b - "Dumped"|
|30a - "No Free Rides"|
|30b - "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic"|
|31a - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III"|
|31b - "Squirrel Jokes"|
|32a - "Pressure"|
|32b - "The Smoking Peanut"|
|33a - "Shanghaied" (listed as "You Wish")|
|33b - "Gary Takes a Bath"|
|34a - "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"|
|34b - "Frankendoodle"|
|35a - "The Secret Box"|
|35b - "Band Geeks"|
|List of home videos|
|36a - "Graveyard Shift" (listed as "The Graveyard Shift")|
|36b - "Krusty Love"|
|37a - "Procrastination" (uncut)|
|37b - "I'm with Stupid"|
|38a - "Sailor Mouth"|
|38b - "Artist Unknown"|
|39a - "Jellyfish Hunter"|
|39b - "The Fry Cook Games"|
|40b - "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm"|
|40a - "Squid on Strike"|
|List of home videos|
- "Something Smells"
- "Big Pink Loser"
- "Prehibernation Week"
- "Survival of the Idiots"
- "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"
- "Sailor Mouth"
- Nick DVD Game Demo
- Script Viewer
- "Christmas Who?" is counted as a double-length episode. This episode counts as 3 chapters on this DVD, with the Christmas theme song being a separate chapter.
- "Shanghaied" is also counted as a double-length episode. However, the episode is only 15 minutes long. This episode counts as 2 chapters on this DVD, with the "Patchy's Pick" segment being a separate chapter.
- Some of the earlier copies sold in 2004 had a free ticket to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. This is because the box set came out 1 month before the first movie was released in theaters (November 19, 2004).
- Despite the fact that this DVD is also the Canadian print, the YTV version of "Something Smells" is shown instead of the Nickelodeon version. In all U.S. airings, SpongeBob walks up to a building and says "Hi, building!" which causes the building to flee from SpongeBob's breath. He goes up to Patrick and says "I just don't get it!" and Patrick says "I don't either." In the VHS/DVD releases, as well as all YTV airings, the scene goes like this:
- SpongeBob: (walks up to a building and waves) I just don't get it! (the building flees)
- Patrick: (offscreen) I don't, either. (SpongeBob walks up to Patrick; the rest of the scene goes as normal, resulting in the same lines being repeated). (According to the commentary, this was a sound mixing error when the Season 2 DVD was made.)
- Even though "Squid on Strike" is 40a and "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm" is 40b, disc 3 has the opposite (40b and 40a).
- On one of the alternative backings of the set, Plankton is shown to have carved a shape of himself in SpongeBob's pineapple with a saw and is about to break in.
- In the "Christmas Who?" episode on disc 1, they removed the part where Patchy the Pirate says "It's about time you came back. Now I can finish me story" due to the DVD version of the episode having no commercials. Here is what it's like on this DVD and airings on television:
- Patchy: Is Squidward right? Can they're be a Christmas under the sea? Stay tuned. (Makes a sad face. Scene fades to black, then fades to a SpongeBob Christmas decoration.) So, SpongeBob was sending the last of the letters to Santa. (The rest of the episode goes normal)
Airings on TV
- Patchy: Is Squidward right? Can they're be a Christmas under the sea? Stay tuned. (Makes a sad face. Scene fades to black, then fades to Patchy again.) It's about time you got back! (Holds up a SpongeBob Christmas decoration) Now I can finish me story! (Scene cuts close to the decoration) So, SpongeBob was sending the last of the letters to Santa. (The rest of the episode goes normal.)
- The original airing of the episode "Procrastination" is included.
- Contents of the discs are also available in Spanish stereo, making it the first DVD with an Spanish language option
- The UK version does not include any of the bonus features, with the exception of the "Around the World with SpongeBob SquarePants" special.
- This is the first seasonal DVD release to be rated G in Canada, unlike the first season DVD (Which is rated PG).
- In the trailer of this DVD box set, the artwork was slightly different, but it was changed before being released.
- The following disc covers are based on the episodes were:
- This is the last SpongeBob season DVD boxset to use black normal size disc cases. The next season DVD uses thin disc cases and the cases are clear.
- On the original Japanese cover, the window is pink. On the Japanese re-release cover, the window is bluish-gray.
- On the Disc 2 cover, Barnacle Boy's Pants are colored blue instead of black.
- Like the 2003 DVD release of Tide and Seek, it misspelled "Squidville" as "Squidsville" on disc 2. However, the re-release corrected this mistake.
- Just like the 2002 VHS release of Nautical Nonsense, the 2002 DVD of Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies and the 2009 DVD boxset The First 100 Episodes, it lists the episode "Graveyard Shift" as "The Graveyard Shift."
- In the Disc 2 episode description of "Bubble Buddy" states, "With Patrick out of town..." However, in the episode, Patrick's note just says that he has gone to get more giant paper. Plus, SpongeBob went to Squidward and Sandy, too. He didn't only check on Patrick.
The 2004 trailer:
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)
British Academy Children's Awards
Annecy International Animated Film Festival
ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards
BMI Film & TV Awards