"The Clam Whisperer" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, when a flock of clams descend on Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob has to get them out before they ruin the whole town.
The episode starts off with the clams migrating to warmer climates. SpongeBob is eager to see them and takes his eyes out of his sockets to get a better view. Meanwhile, Patrick makes his eyes like binoculars. SpongeBob sees all the different kinds of clams including the Soft Shell Clam, the Hard Shell Clam, the Giant Clam, and the Razor Clam. SpongeBob then takes bits of Krabby Patties as bait to lure the clams closer for a better view. Patrick then feels hungry and eats all of the bait with his tongue from the ground. SpongeBob notices and waits for Patrick to fall asleep. After he falls asleep, SpongeBob secretly takes out the bits of Krabby Patties to lure them once again for it to eventually work. Squidward notices and is not too happy with the idea. The clams enter and make a mess of his house. The clams then make a mess on Squidward for shouting at SpongeBob. Squidward, annoyed, takes a bath stating he will never be clean again.
However, SpongeBob tries to get the clams away from him, but they instead result to follow him. So he decides to take them with him. As a result of the clams stealing others' food, SpongeBob takes them to the Krusty Krab, shouting "Don't steal anyone's food." Only for this to result in all of them to not listen.
Squidward then finds SpongeBob with the clams saying "Not again I just got clean!" and runs off. Mr. Krabs comes out wondering what happened and puts him under the boat. He then asks "What in barnacles is happening out there?" SpongeBob responds with saying that they were stealing the customers' food. Mr Krabs then orders SpongeBob to get rid of the clams before one of them spits a pearl at Mr Krabs. After SpongeBob scolds the clam, Mr Krabs checks the pearl’s quality and suddenly has a change of attitude towards the clams. SpongeBob decides to lead the clams away from the restaurant in the hopes of tiring them out where Mr Krabs chases them for more pearls.
SpongeBob leads the clams to an outside cafe where one of them causes confusion for a date and a children’s playground where they cause chaos. Squidward, Mr Krabs and most of the other townspeople find SpongeBob and the clams and order them to leave. SpongeBob sadly agrees to do so and Mr Krabs still asks for more pearls, only to be given a bigger one than before. SpongeBob leads the clams away and the characters move back to reveal a violinist playing the background music.
SpongeBob and the clams journey through the seasons and eventually part ways when fall starts to arrive. Squidward just finishes cleaning his house when he mistakes SpongeBob for a clam because he took on a clam-like form. This alarms Squidward and makes him fall in the drool pool caused by Patrick’s dribbling during his nap and freaks out. Patrick immediately wakes up, asks “what’d I miss?” and runs around, alarmed, with Squidward. SpongeBob returns to his house where his bed is essentially a nest. He then spits a pearl at the light switch that ends the episode.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on July 4, 2017.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Paradise Cove - Cedric King-Palmer [Clam migration.]
‣ Shore Leave - Will Hesling [Clams signaling each other.]
‣ Ocean Shimmer - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob watching clams.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What are you doing, SpongeBob?"]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [Patrick cries.]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Binocular snaps wrapped around Patrick.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick watching clams.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XI) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Wait, I know! They're always hungry when they migrate!"]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Patrick eating patty meat.]
‣ Unknown Track 13 - Patrick falls asleep.
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Walter [Patty meat attracts clams.]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter ["Isn't that beautiful?"]
‣ Ouverture Pie Voleuse - Gioacchino Rossini, Dominique Guiot, Eric Mallet [Squidward reciting poetry.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Clam shriek interrupts Squidward.]
‣ Ouverture Pie Voleuse - Gioacchino Rossini, Dominique Guiot, Eric Mallet [Squidward continues reciting poetry.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (V) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, that is it!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 7 - Squidward's house covered in clam poop.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward bathing.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 7 - Clams following SpongeBob.
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Clams copying all SpongeBob's movements.]
‣ One Over the Eight - Len Stevens [Clams disturbing people.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Someone rejects his Krabby Patty.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 1 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and the clams enter the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward screams as he sees the clams.]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Clams attack everyone at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Scherzo Phrenia - Gergor Narholz [Clam spits a pearl at Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Pearls?!"]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - Krabs examining the pearl.
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Krabs tells SpongeBob about his idea.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Clams spit a bunch of pearls at Krabs.]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr [Krabs emerges from the pearls as a king.]
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Clams follow SpongeBob out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ City Links - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob and clams go past a coffee shop.]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Clams disturbing kids at Poseidon Elementary.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy ["There you are!"]
‣ Groovy Baby - Desmond Champ, Harold Geller [Clams dancing.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Squidward says the clams don't belong in a civilized town.]
‣ Unknown Track 32 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, maybe you're right."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Clam spits giant pearl at Krabs.]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["Well, then, I guess this is good-bye."]
‣ Lion King - Peter Hope [SpongeBob meets with the clams and imitates them.]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares [Clams migrate to warmer climmates.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees SpongeBob.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer ["The clams! They're back!"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- As of February 8, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.4/10 based on 151 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.4/10 based on 4 votes.
- Running gag: The clams spitting pearls at Mr. Krabs. He actually liked the clams for their pearls, which can make him rich.
- This episode marks Rex's and Lary's first appearances since their debut in "Dumped."
- This episode marks Mystery's first appearance since her debut in "My Pretty Seahorse."
- This episode premiered with "Cave Dwelling Sponge" when it first aired.
- This episode premiered 12 years after "Selling Out."
- This episode premiered in Turkey and Iberia on September 25, 2017 along with "Cave Dwelling Sponge," which is only two days after the U.S. airdate.
- When Patrick starts watching clams with his eyes, he makes a face that looks like one from "Face Freeze!"
- In the Swedish dub, SpongeBob's laugh was not dubbed when he turned into a clam.
SpongeBob SquarePants - "The Clam Whisperer" Facebook Sneek Preview