"Tentacle-Vision" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, Squidward gets his own television show.
The episode begins with Squidward waking up at 5:00 AM to watch Fab and Fancy on the channel known as Bikini Bottom Public Access. But, to his surprise, the show has been canceled, and is replaced with Zeus the Guitar Lord. Squidward then finds out that they actually give TV shows to anyone. He then calls the network and gets his own TV show.
He is next seen at the Krusty Krab waiting happily to leave and get started on his show. SpongeBob overhears him talking and asks why he is so jittery, but Squidward plugs up his ears with Krabby Patties and leaves before SpongeBob can ask.
Squidward is at his house preparing for Squidward Chat
. But SpongeBob then finds out and rushes to Squidward's house to tell him. He then brings Patrick in and they start messing up the show. Squidward tells them to leave, but they refuse to do so. Squidward then gives both of them jobs for the show. Patrick becomes the cameraman and SpongeBob controls the microphone, but they make the show even worse. Mr. Krabs finds out and uses the show as a free advertisement to promote his restaurant, the Krusty Krab. Sandy watches the show and then starts line-dancing on-air. Then Pearl watches the show and decides to show her cheerleading on-air. Plankton watches the show and thinks he could cause more damage with his ray gun. Once he appears, he starts firing his ray gun, which ruins the entire set.
Squidward tells them all to leave and asks them if this is some sort of housewarming. Larry overhears it and everybody comes into his house. The producer comes in and tells Squidward that the show is going great, but kicks a few people out, including Squidward. The show is then renamed Squidward's House Party, which does not include Squidward. Instead, it has Zeus the Guitar Lord hosting. It also has Patrick on the drums, Sandy and Pearl as back-up dancers, SpongeBob on electric keyboard, Mr. Krabs as advertisement, and Plankton as the special effects master. And the worst part is, Squidward just cannot seem to sleep because of all the noise.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Unknown Track 18 - "Our programming will begin shortly."
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["Bikini Bottom Public Access presents..."]
‣ The Mad Hatter's Ball - Syd Dale ["Fab and Fancy!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr [Squidward makes coffee]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr [Guitar Lord intro/shot of ad paper]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr [Squidward calls in]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob winks]
‣ Sailor's Sting 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Okay, I'll tell you."]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward leaves]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["Bikini Bottom Public Access presents..."]
‣ Opening Trailer 2 - Syd Dale ["Squidward Chat! With your host, Squidward Tentacles."]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [Gary watching TV]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees Squidward on TV]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward's on TV?!"]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["TV?!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob and Patrick on TV]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick's mouth on TV]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Patrick licking the camera lens]
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr ["Sound man!"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick moving the camera up, down]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward ties Patrick to the camera]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - SpongeBob hitting Squidward with the microphone
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs watching TV]
‣ Sailor's Sting 13 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs advertising the Krusty Krab/Sandy, Pearl and Plankton go to Squidward Chat]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (g) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You seem tense."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["That's it! Everyone out!"]
‣ Unknown Track 5 - "Hey, everyone! It's a housewarming!"
‣ Tomfoolery - Nicolas Carr ["Actually, I'd say the show is doing just fine."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward kicked out]
‣ Opening Trailer 2 - Syd Dale ["Squidward's House Party, with your host..."]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr ["Zeus the Guitar Lord!"/ending]
- As of January 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.9/10 based on 121 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 7 votes.
- On the Nickelodeon schedule, this episode is listed as "Squid TV." This is what the episode was originally called.
- In German, this episode is called "Tentakel TV," which means "Tentacle TV."
- Running gag: People breaking into Squidward's house and Squidward Chat being interrupted.
- This is the second episode in which someone has been proven incompetent at handling recording equipment and accidentally stuck a boom mike in someone's mouth. The first is "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture."
- In the Indonesia version, all character voices has been changed, especially SpongeBob, who his voice has been changed completely different.
- However, Gary's "Meow" cannot be heard anymore.
- This episode reveals that Mr. Krabs, Plankton, SpongeBob or Gary, Squidward, and Sandy watch TV on Bikini Bottom Public Access.
- There are 16 televisions on the title card.
- Squidward's House Party could be a reference to the episode called "SpongeBob's House Party.
- Ironically, this and House Fancy both are T.V. show related episodes, and their both the start of a Season, this being the start of Season 7 and that being the start of Season 6.
- The name of the episode is a parody of television.
- After SpongeBob laughs in the conversation at the Krusty Krab, he says "good times," which could be a possible reference to The Fairly OddParents, which is what Cosmo sometimes says after laughing.
- Bikini Bottom Public Access should not have any authority barging into Squidward's house or throwing a rather destructive party in someone else's house.
- Even though more characters than just Squidward are rejected from Squidward's house, yet those characters appear on Squidward's House Party.
- When Gary is first changing the channel, the couch is missing from the living room. When SpongeBob comes closer, it appears.
- The number of teeth in Patrick's mouth varies a lot throughout this episode.