One or Two Neptunes
Are we sure that the Neptune of the SpongeBob Movie is the same as the Neptune of 'Neptune's Spatula'? The episode Neptune seems to be the actual god Neptune, while the movie Neptune seems to be merely named after him.Ztyran 00:42, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- To be honest with you, no, we don't know. However, it can be assumed that he is in fact the one and the same as no written or otherwise facts prove to the contrary. - Rgoodermote 00:47, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- I still think they're seperate characters as shown by the fact that King Neptune's Palace is so easy to get to and the whole daughter taking over, while the other Neptune spoke of making SpongeBob a god. There's also the whole using "Neptune" instead of "God" in swears (i.e.: Dear Neptune!)Ztyan 20:16, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- The Episode Neptune's Party seems to confirm my theory, as the Neptune in the series had a Son not a daughter. Plus his name is the same as the Triton from Mythology. Ztyran 21:38, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe Mindy wasn't born until after The Clash of Triton. Also the two versions of Neptune are probably still the same guy, maybe he's just older in the film because Neptune did say he used to have a full head of hair, and in the show he does. This would all make sense because Stephen Hillenburg even established that the film takes place after the show.
- The fact that the film takes place after the show would be a good exit, but I think he'd be the very only character in aging. I think they're two different characters, too, since the series's Neptune has magic powers, the spatula and all that, and he lives in a legendary city (Atlantis), also he doesn't seem to remember Spongebob in the Movie. I think movie's Neptune is simply a king, not a god, thus a completely different character.18.104.22.168 21:00, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought he does have magical powers, because he can shoot fire, ice, can turn sea creatures into humans, and maybe even more powers that aren't shown. He probably still lives in Atlantis but maybe in a different section or he probably moved to a completely different location. I know that he doesn't seem to remember SpongeBob which is strange, but the same thing happened in SpongeBob vs. The Big One because the Flying Dutchman doesn't know Mr. Krabs in that episode even though they knew each other in the episodes previous to that one.
- I Thought the one is real and the one is fake the real/本物(Honmono)is King/God Neptune because he's nicer and didn't mean and have Son name Triton and wife named Queen Amphitrite and he didn't have a giant fork and used Super God Strengh in series in japanese is:本物のネプチューン(Honmono no nepuchūn) and the fake neptune/偽のネプチューン(Nise no nepuchūn) is apperance in movie he's bald,mean,greedy,king(not god),using giant fork,and living in outsie bikini bottom
if i'm make story of course fake king neptune is Main Antagonist in Relight 4 as Kira
Everyone in the Neptune Family all are elderly citizens because they're all more than 50 years old. Plankton5165 20:35, August 17, 2011 (UTC)