This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
|Picture format:||4:3 (2000 - 2012)|
16:9 (2012 - present)
|Original run:||March 6, 2000 - present|
|International SpongeBob SquarePants|
SvampeBob Firkant is the Norwegian dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Norwegian and aired exclusively on Nickelodeon, and on occasions, the Norwegian TV-channel "NRK Super." and Comedy Central Norway. However, there are very few episodes which the Norwegian TV-channel had a license to air (mostly from the first season). It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
- SvampeBob Firkant - SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bleke Fangarm - Squidward Tentacles
- Herr Krabbe - Mr. Krabs
- Patrick Stjerne - Patrick Star
- Gary Snegle - Gary the Snail
- Trond Teigen - SpongeBob SquarePants
- Roy Markussen - Patrick Star
- Espen Sandvik - Squidward Tentacles
- Simen Sand - Mr. Krabs
- Helge Winther-Larsen - Plankton
List of episodes
List of movies
|Dubbed title||Original title||Premiere|
|SvampeBob Firkant Filmen||The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie||June 17, 2005|
|SvampeBob Firkant Filmen: Svamp Pa Land||The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water||February 20, 2015|
- In "Jellyfish Hunter," the scene where No Name cut the power to SpongeBob's house was replaced with a shot of the door outside of SpongeBob's house for unknown reasons. It is unknown why this was done, as this arguably makes the scene more creepy.
- In "Skill Crane," the title card is cut.
Deleted in the early airings
Four episodes were edited in original Nick Norwegian airings. However, the episodes are airing intact nowadays.
- In "Jellyfishing," Patrick said "Firmly grasp it in your hand" only once. Rest of the scene was skipped to the close-up of the net jabbed through Squidward's bandaged hand.
- In "Naughty Nautical Neighbors," the scene with Squidward choking on the fork was edited. Patrick saying that he should wash his hands before saving Squidward was also cut.
- In "Jellyfish Jam," the scene showing SpongeBob and jellyfish party was cut, most likely to prevent seizures due to the quick flashing lights.
- In "Hooky," the scene showing Patrick eating cheese off the hook and putting the hooks in his mouth was cut.
- In "Your Shoe's Untied," the scene involving SpongeBob watching Coral TV was removed for looking like he is watching something inappropriate.
- Squidward's Norwegian name is Bleke Fangarm, which, strangely enough, means "Inky Catch Arm" if it is translated directly (note: may not work on a translation engine).
- On Some Dubbed Title Cards like for example: "Blekkspruts TV-show" which translates to: Squids TV-show (which is the episode: "Tentacle Vision") Squid was translated to "Blekksprut" which is the translation for Squid. So it is unknown why Squidward was translated to Bleke.
- Many of the Norwegian dubs are similar to the Danish dubs.
- For some reason, Episodes from Season 4 are shown Higher-Pitched.
- For some reason, Snellie's name was dubbed "Snile," which is sometimes used to describe someone who is slower than any other person, which is strange, because Snellie is not the slowest character seen in the series.