This is a list of food and drink that make appearances and/or are mentioned in the SpongeBob SquarePants series. Although there are several food items in the series that are real food, the series also features numerous food and drink items that are solely a part of the SpongeBob SquarePants universe. Some of these items are parodies of actual food and/or drink items.
Within the SpongeBob SquarePants Universe
|Barnacle Loaf||It looks like salami sausage and also in the middle of it, it looks like it has small circle shaped grooves inside. It is red, or maroon, in color. It only appeared in the episode "Karate Choppers." It is a spoof of meatloaf.|
|Blancmange||A food in which SpongeBob offered to Squidward in the episode "Squid's Visit." However, Squidward doesn't know what it is. As shown in the episode, it is a gelatinous magenta dessert with a light cream and a cherry on top. It looks a bit like purplish pink jello with whipped cream and a cherry on top.|
|Chocolate balls that are popular with 8 year olds. They are enjoyed by Squidward as a part of his midlife crisis. Sergeant Sam Rodrick also used one to challenge someone to not eat in the classroom. They appeared in two episodes: "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" and "Good Neighbors," where Squidward is eating one but spits it out when SpongeBob and Patrick appear. They appear in a simple yellow box that reads Bon-Bon.|
|Bran Flakes||A brand of cereal that is a spoof of Corn Flakes. Old Man Jenkins once mistook SpongeBob for a box of Bran Flakes. It was seen on the episode "As Seen on TV." Old Man Jenkins probably eats it and watched the commercial of Bran Flakes.|
|Fried Oyster Skins||A food that Patrick mentioned in "Squidville." Patrick had three orders of it and accidentally knocked the guards unconscious with his bad breath, which allowed SpongeBob and Patrick inside Tentacle Acres. They were probably made from oysters and may be related to pork rinds.|
|Holographic Meatloaf||A dish seen in the episode, "The Algae's Always Greener." It is prepared by Karen for Plankton and may be the only meal she knows how to make, as indicated by Plankton's displeasure at seeing it, saying "Holographic meatloaf... again!" Given that it is a hologram, whether or not the meatloaf has any nutritional value is unknown. Holographic Meatloaf simply looks like a meatloaf hologram, which is strangely edible. It is indicated as Plankton's favorite, as at the end of the episode, he says, "Holographic meatloaf... my favorite!" Plankton eats this with a can or cup of soda. Olives appear as a side dish.|
|Jellyfish Jelly Patty||A Krabby Patty with jellyfish jelly on it. It only was on the Krusty Krab menu for about a day in the episode "Jellyfish Hunter" which gave Mr. Krabs an idea to capture jellyfish. There was also a jelly patty with blue jelly made by Friend, the blue jellyfish. The patties appear to be normal Krabby Patties, only with jellyfish jelly on them.|
|Kelp Jerky||A spoof of Beef Jerky; Kelp Jerky is also sold at the Krusty Krab, as it has been shown on the Galley Grub. In the episode "Sun Bleached," Patrick places two pieces of it in front of SpongeBob's buck teeth to make him look tan. In another episode, "Porous Pockets," SpongeBob and Patrick eat Kelp Jerky while they watch trucks of money pour in front of SpongeBob's house. They appear in little yellow bags that read "Kelp Jerky" in red letters.|
|Kelp Nougat Crunch||A candy bar that appeared in the episode "Rock Bottom." It is made from kelp nougat and comes in red packaging.|
|Kelp Shake||A drink made of mostly Kelp Juice. It appears in the episode "Best Frenemies." It is a parody of a milkshake, but it is green. However, the Bikini Bottomites who drank it turned green and hairy sometime after drinking it.|
|Pop Kelp||A spoof of popcorn. In the episode "Something Smells," a pop kelp machine is visible at the Reef Cinema's snack bar. It turns out to be green, like Kelp.|
|Seahorse Radish||A spoof of horseradish. In the episode "Nasty Patty", it is the second ingredient put on the patty to attempt to choke the health inspector that SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs thought was fake.|
|Seanut Brittle||A spoof of peanut brittle, as seen in the episode "Pranks a Lot" as a prank/booby trap. There is likely seanut brittle to eat as well.|
|SpongeBob's Exercise Shake||A shake created by SpongeBob. It was shown in the episode "The Great Snail Race," when SpongeBob made the shake and gave it to Gary. Gary did not want SpongeBob's shake, so he slithered away to watch TV. It was made with nails, raw eggs, and other manly objects.|
|SpongeBob's Sundae||A sundae created by SpongeBob in "Something Smells." The sundae consisted of ketchup, onions, peanut butter and peanuts from a peanut plant. Only SpongeBob and Patrick consumed the sundae, which gave them stinky breath. The peanuts put in were rotten. It smelled really bad. This gave SpongeBob rancid breath that caused others to run away from him.|
|Swedish Barnacle Balls||A canned food which was revealed that Squidward ate in the episode, "The Camping Episode" They are packaged in red cans. They can also be cooked or roasted, and they will become hot and steamy. They are a parody of Swedish Meatballs. They were likely made in Sweden.|
|Yummy Stuff||In Growth Spout, Squidward had assorted containers of unseen food stenciled with the phrase "YUMMY STUFF." They included baguettes. They may be delivered as snack packs, similar to brands such as Naturebox.|
|Sea Horse Milk||Sea Horse Milk is a fresh and mellow milk in the city of Bikini Bottom. Because SpongeBob ignored it in the episode "Have You Seen This Snail?," it changed into a rotten blob, and Patrick ate it, and he shuddered after it was swallowed. It is possible that citizens drink it.|
As the name suggests, it is a sausage turned into a liquid. It is one of Patrick's favorite drinks. It appeared in the episode "Model Sponge."
|Rusty on Rye||
The Rusty on Rye is a sandwich made from two pieces of driftwood, with spackle in the middle, and dipped in shellac. It was served at Rusty's Rib Eye. It is unknown how the citizens could eat it but Old Man Jenkins was able to eat it. It only appeared in the episode "Séance Shméance."
|Fruitcake||Is a Holiday treat featured in "Christmas Who?" and "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!."|
|Donut||Is a type of food in Bikini Bottom that was shown in "The Donut of Shame," "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy," and "Patrick-Man!."|
Items that are also in the real world
- Apples - appear in "A Flea in Her Dome," "Boating School," "Sun Bleached," "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III," "Missing Identity," "Scaredy Pants," "Party Pooper Pants," "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve," "SquidBob TentaclePants," and "Wormy." They are mentioned in "Dying for Pie," and "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm."
- Baguettes - In "Growth Spout."
- Bananas - In "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "Something Smells," Prehibernation Week," and "Funny Pants," "The Bully," and other episodes as a peel.
- Boysenberries - In the comic for "Dying For Pie."
- Bon-Bons - In "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" and "Good Neighbors."
- Bran Flakes - In "As Seen on TV."
- Bran Muffin - mentioned in "Spy Buddies."
- Brownies - In "Are You Happy Now?."
- Buns - appear in several episodes.
- Burrito - mentioned in "Face Freeze!" and sort of seen in "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- Butter - appear in "Patrick! The Game."
- Cake - appears in "Breath of Fresh Squidward," "A Flea in Her Dome," "Blackened Sponge," "Friend or Foe," "Grandma's Kisses," "I Had an Accident," "Good Neighbors," "No Free Rides," "Opposite Day," "Overbooked," "Squidville," "The Sponge Who Could Fly," "Waiting," "Party Pooper Pants," "Plankton!," "Pranks a Lot," "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," "To Save a Squirrel," "Mooncation" and "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" It's mentioned in "Cephalopod Lodge," and "Graveyard Shift."
- Cupcake - appears in "The Sewers of Bikini Bottom."
- Canned Meat - Mentioned in "Club SpongeBob".
- Candy Tires - In "Hello Bikini Bottom!"
- Carrots - In "To Save A Squirrel," "Le Big Switch," "Sweet and Sour Squid," "SpongeBob You're Fired," "A Pal for Gary," (as a toy), "Hide and Then What Happens?," and "Demolition Doofus."
- Casserole - In "Squid's Visit."
- Cheese - Various episodes
- Cheesecake - Mentioned in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One."
- Cherries - In "Something Smells," and mentioned in "Dying for Pie."
- Cherry Pie - In "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost."
- Chicken - Mentioned in "Something Smells," seen in "Walking the Plankton."
- Chili - In "Pest of the West " and "Doing Time"
- Chocolate Bars - Appear in "Chocolate with Nuts," "Life of Crime," and "House Fancy"
- Chocolate Milk - In "Fear of a Krabby Patty"
- Coconut milk - Mentioned by Sandy Cheeks in "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- Coffee - Various episodes, notably "Missing Identity" and "Krabby Land."
- Cookies - appear in "Grandma's Kisses," "Can You Spare a Dime?" and "Krusty Towers," and other episodes
- Corn - In "Walking the Plankton"
- Cotton Candy - appears in "Valentine's Day," "To Love a Patty," "Stuck in the Wringer, and "Sing a Song of Patrick"
- Cracker - In "Growth Spout."
- Croutons - Mentioned in "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- Cucumber - mentioned in "Squiditis," seen in "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- Deviled Eggs - appear in "Have You Seen This Snail?" and "Party Pooper Pants."
- Donuts - appear in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy," "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve," "Karate Island," "The Donut of Shame" "Patrick-Man!," and "Ghoul Fools."
- Eggs - appears in "Le Big Switch."
- Enchiladas - In "A Pal for Gary."
- Fettuccine - In "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups."
- Fish Sticks - Notable appearance in "The Fry Cook Games."
- Flank Steak - Mentioned in "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost".
- French Fries - appear in several episodes
- Frosting - appears in "The Donut of Shame," "Blackened Sponge," "Whale of a Birthday," "No Weenies Allowed," and other episodes
- Fruit Cake -In "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" and "Christmas Who?."
- Fruit Danish - In "Spy Buddies."
- Gingerbread Men - Appeared in "BlackJack."
- Granola - Mentioned in "To Save a Squirrel."
- Grapes - In "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" and "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups."
- Gum - In "Gift of Gum," "Porous Pockets," and "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful."
- Exploding Chewing Gum - In "Pranks a Lot."
- Gummy fish - In "Ditchin'."
- Gummy worms - In "Frozen Face-Off."
- Ham - Mentioned in "The Great Patty Caper."
- Hash Brown - In "Patrick's Staycation."
- Hot Chocolate - In "Boating Buddies."
- Hot Dogs - Mentioned in "The Chaperone"; appeared in "Walking Small," "Krusty Dogs," "Karate Star," and "SpongeBob You're Fired," "The Sewers of Bikini Bottom."
- Ice Cream - In several episodes
- Iced tea - appears in "Tea at the Treedome."
- Gelatin - appears in "That Sinking Feeling."
- Jellybeans - In "Frozen Face-Off", and "F.U.N.."
- Juice - Various episodes
- Kelpshake - appeared in "Best Frenemies."
- Ketchup - Appears in "CopyBob DittoPants."
- Latte - Mentioned in "A SquarePants Family Vacation."
- Lemon - In "Walking the Plankton."
- Lemonade - Mentioned in "Sailor Mouth" and "Glove World R.I.P.," appears in "The Great Patty Caper," "Survival of the Idiots," "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom," and Lights, Camera, Pants!
- Lettuce - Various episodes
- Lima Beans - Appeared in "Krabby Land," "Sold!," and mentioned in "Fools in April"
- Lime - Mentioned in "Trenchbillies".
- Lollipops - In "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy," "Suds," "One Krabs Trash," and "Life of Crime."
- Macaroni - In "The Inmates of Summer."
- Marshmallows - In "The Camping Episode."
- Mashed Potatoes - Seen in "Christmas Who?".
- Mayo - Appears in several episodes
- Meatballs - Mentioned in "The Main Drain." and Appears in "Married to Money."
- Milk - Seen in various episodes.
- Milkshake – The Krusty Krab is shown to serve a pink colored milkshake as appeared in "Ghoul Fools." It also appeared in "License to Milkshake"
- Mustard - Appears in several episodes.
- Nachos - In "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- Nuts - appear in "Chimps Ahoy," "Chocolate with Nuts," "Porous Pockets," "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm," "Something Smells," "Hello Bikini Bottom!" and "Squidtastic Voyage." Mentioned in "The Great Snail Race," I'm with Stupid," "Naughty Nautical Neighbors," "Pressure," "Sandy's Rocket," and "Valentine's Day."
- Onions - In various episodes.
- Onion Rings - In "No Nose Knows."
- Orange Juice
- Pancakes - In "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- Peas - In "Texas" and "Squilliam Returns"
- Peanuts - In "The Smoking Peanut" and others; mentioned in "Growth Spout"
- Peanut butter - in "Sandy's Rocket"
- Pecan pie - Mentioned in "Texas"
- Pepperoni - Mentioned in "Pizza Delivery" and "You're Fired!".
- Pickles - Various episodes, most notably in "Pickles" and Appears in "Company Picnic", "CopyBob DittoPants."
- Pie - In "Pie"
- Pizza - Various episodes, most notably in "Pizza Delivery and Appears in "Sold!."
- Popcorn - Various episodes
- Popsicle - Seen in "MuscleBob BuffPants".
- Potatoes - Mentioned in "Fear of a Krabby Patty"
- Potato Chips - Mentioned in Drive Thru, seen in "I Had an Accident" and "The Clash of Triton"
- Potato Salad - In "Wishing You Well" and "No Weenies Allowed."
- Pot pie - In "Karen 2.0"
- Pretzels - In "Hello Bikini Bottom!"
- Pumpernickel - Mentioned in "Procrastination".
- Punch - In "The Chaperone," "Party Pooper Pants," and Appears in "CopyBob DittoPants."
- Raspberries - Mentioned in "Dying for Pie"
- Ribs - In "Wishing You Well"
- Root Beer - Mentioned in "Plankton's Army" and seen in "The Slumber Party."
- Roast Beef - Mentioned in "Something Smells."
- Rye - Mentioned in "Procrastination".
- Salad - Appeared in a few episodes including "Bossy Boots."
- Sandwich - Appeared in "I ♥ Dancing."
- Sesame seeds - Seen in "For Here or to Go" and mentioned in various episodes.
- Smoked Sausages - In "Club SpongeBob", mentioned in Prehibernation Week
- Soda - In "Naughty Nautical Neighbors," mentioned in "My Pretty Seahorse" and "Best Frenemies"
- Squidward Souffle- In "Naughty Nautical Neighbors."
- Soup - Mentioned in "Club SpongeBob".
- Soy Bean - In "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- Spaghetti - Mentioned in "Club SpongeBob".
- Spongecake - In "To Save A Squirrel" and "InSPONGEiac."
- Stir Fry - In "Karen 2.0."
- Sundae - Appears in "Something Smells."
- Syrup - In "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- Tacos - Mentioned in "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" and seen in "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- Tomatoes - Various episodes
- Tuna - Seen in "Hooky".
- Toast - In "Krabby Land" and "Pranks a Lot."
- Volcano Sauce - In "Karate Choppers," "SquidBob TentaclePants," and "Nasty Patty."
- Watermelon - appeared in the episodes "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups," "Sweet and Sour Squid." "Doing Time," "Hello Bikini Bottom!" and "Bucket Sweet Bucket."
Other foods and drinks
Bikini Bottom's Food and Drinks
- Yummy Bunz
- Crispity Crunchities
- Wow! Soup
- SpongeBob's Exercise Shake
- Yellow Popsicle
- Spongy Patties
- Super Double Triple Patty
- Chum on a Stick
- Buttered Barnacles
- Canned Bread
- Chili Kelp Fries
- Chum Burger
- Chum Chili
- Chummy Joes
- Coral Bits
- Crunchy Kelp Dog
- Weenie Hut Jr. Hot Dog
- Weenie Hut Jr. Shake
- Foot Long
- Golden Loaf
- Kelp Cheese - In "Walking the Plankton."
- Kelp Bits
- Krabby Newburg
- Minnow Meal
- Monster Krabby Patty
- Patty Newberg
- Pretty Patties
- Triple Krabby Supreme
- Nature Patty