"Stuck on the Roof" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, SpongeBob is afraid to get off the roof of the Krusty Krab, but he won't let that stop him from living his life.
The episode begins with SpongeBob dancing to music coming from a boombox while preparing Krabby Patties. He accidentally flings a Krabby Patty into Squidward's face and it gets sucked up through a chimney. Upon standing on Squidward's head, which is pressed against the grill, SpongeBob can't seem to reach the Krabby Patty in the chimney before Squidward pushes him off. The Krusty Krab fills up with smoke, which pushes the customers outside. In order to fix things, Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob up to the roof via a ladder to fetch the Krabby Patty. SpongeBob extends his arm through the chimney and grabs the Krabby Patty. Upon walking back to the ladder he slips on some ketchup and the Krabby Patty falls to the ground.
Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to climb back down, however, SpongeBob is too scared and clings to the roof, claiming he'll stay up there. Mr. Krabs orders him to come down before Sandy shows up, saying she can help. She uses her new Extend-O-Boots, which end up going haywire and extending her all the way to the surface. Patrick then appears and uses an inflatable duck to bounce himself up to the roof. Patrick tries to coax SpongeBob into climbing down but the latter refuses. Patrick then says "Just do what I do" and falls off the roof, missing the inflatable duck, into the ground. SpongeBob gets scared and remains where he is while all the customers leave the premises.
At night, SpongeBob says he misses his friends and starts looking in at Squidward's window. He believes Squidward is on a date, however he realizes that he is just alone. SpongeBob then pulls out a flashlight and uses the shadow of his hand to give Squidward a massage. Squidward enjoys it at first but then realizes it's a shadow and runs from it. SpongeBob then gets a hand cramp and destroys squidward's dining room. Squidward then runs out of his house. SpongeBob then tries to sleep but can't because it is too cold and uncomfortable. He sees some supplies on the ground and extends his arm to grab it. He uses the supplies to build a makeshift bed.
Mr. Krabs shows up in the morning and tells SpongeBob to wake up. He has Squidward use a pulley to bring the grill up to the roof for SpongeBob to use. SpongeBob then uses more supplies to recreate the Krusty Krab kitchen. He starts making Krabby Patties but can't figure out how to send them to the customers. Meanwhile in the Krusty Krab, the customers are angry about having no Krabby Patties and surround Mr. Krabs and Squidward. SpongeBob then gets the idea to use napkins as tiny parachutes and drop the patties to the ground. The customers go crazy for the patties but then realize that they are cold. They then climb to the roof, hoping they will get them fresh. SpongeBob then builds a platform on the roof set up with tables. Mr. Krabs is happy because the roof top restaurant is a huge financial success. Meanwhile Squidward uses the inside of the Krusty Krab for naps.
Back on the roof, things start going wrong when a storm hits and starts blowing everything off of the roof. Mr. Krabs wants SpongeBob to fix the problem so all the customers don't leave. SpongeBob then builds a roof and walls around the platform and it ends up being an exact replica of the Krusty Krab on top of the Krusty Krab. The customers then claim they're bored now that they're no longer outside. SpongeBob solves the problem by turning on some music and getting everyone to dance. The storm causes the ground beneath the Krusty Krab to become muddy, which causes it to sink underground while the replica on top then sits at ground level.
SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and the customers then rush out excited. Meanwhile in the original Krusty Krab, Squidward makes for the exit, but the Krusty Krab ends up getting filled with mud.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on July 2, 2017.
‣ The Rake Hornpipe
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Robert White [Title card.]
‣ Boom Addict - Paul Smith, Jason Robert Greenhalgh, Femi Olasehinde [Music on the radio while SpongeBob's cooking.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty gets sucked through chimney.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 7 - Squidward's face ripped off.
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [The Krusty Krab fills with smoke.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob climbs to the roof to retrieve the Krabby Patty.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty slips out of SpongeBob's hand.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty falls to the ground.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob's afraid to go down the ladder.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy uses her extendo-boots to try to get SpongeBob off the roof.]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Patrick tries to get SpongeBob off the roof.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just can't do it. It's too far down!"]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger ["Your old pal Patrick has another plan to get you off this roof."]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick falls from the roof to the ground.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob panics.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers walk away.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, it's not so bad up here, pretty great really."]
‣ ? [Squidward having dinner alone.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward screams as he sees the silhouette.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tries to go to sleep.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees some tools.]
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob makes a bed for himself.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shivering.]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "Yoo-hoo, SpongeBob! Time to wake up!"
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XI) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward raising the grill towards the roof.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hugs the grill.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "I thought I'd never see you again!"
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Something still doesn't feel right, though..."]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob builds a kitchen for himself.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 28 - "Just like my old kitchen!"
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh yeah, I'm stuck up on this roof.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sees a piece of paper.]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Raining Krabby Patties.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers climb to the roof.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers eating on the roof.]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey ["Finally, this place has some class."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ten more patties, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Walter [Storm ruins everything.]
‣ Up She Rises - Sam Spence [SpongeBob builds another Krusty Krab on top of the roof.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 28 - "It's beautiful, bo-yo!"
‣ Boom Addict - Paul Smith, Jason Robert Greenhalgh, Femi Olasehinde [SpongeBob, Krabs, and customers dancing.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 30 - "Hooray! We're not on the roof anymore!"
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (x) - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
|| I can turn into a skyscraper!
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding
- As of February 8, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.3/10 based on 57 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- Squidward's explosion is the same explosion as the one he made in "Jellyfishing" and "My Pretty Seahorse."
- This is the first episode where The Rake Hornpipe is used as the title card music.
- On the title card, the Krusty Krab is missing the chimney and antenna it has on its roof. This was most likely done so that the episode's title can neatly fit onto the title card.
- Squidward's statue from "Are You Happy Now?" can be seen when he tries to leave the Krusty Krab when it's buried underground. However, it was destroyed in that episode. This either means that this episode takes place before that one or Squidward rebuilt the statue.
- This episode takes place after "Squilliam Returns" because the Krabby Newburg from that episode reappears.
- It is revealed in this episode that SpongeBob has acrophobia, which is a fear of heights.
- But in "Hooky," SpongeBob jumps down a hook even though he says in this episode he is allergic and in these two episodes he jumps without any reactions.
- SpongeBob also jumped off a ferris wheel in "Glove World R.I.P.."
- It is possible this episode takes place before "Hooky" and "Glove World R.I.P.," and SpongeBob overcame his fear by then.
- SpongeBob is seen dancing in a similar fashion to how he danced in "Pizza Delivery."
- This episode premiered eight years after "Truth or Square" premiered.
- In every shot where SpongeBob is on the Krusty Krab's roof, the antenna on the roof disappears.
- In one shot, the chimney on the roof is in place of where the antenna would be.
- When SpongeBob is comforting Squidward with the torch, The Krusty Krab seems to be located opposite SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward’s house.