- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Other Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob takes a morning shower at the beginning of this episode. When he gets out, he dries himself off in his wringer. As he starts to walk out of his bathroom, he nearly slips on a bar of soap. He is so proud of himself for avoiding a potential injury, that he doesn't notice that a rubber ducky has flown into his bathroom through his window. He trips over the ducky, then slips back onto the bar of soap, and finally gets stuck in his wringer. At this point, Patrick enters the bathroom and asks SpongeBob if he has seen his rubber duck. SpongeBob points out the ducky that he tripped over, which is still on his floor. Patrick runs over to it, exclaiming "Ducky! I found you!" SpongeBob regretfully interrupts the reunion after a bit, telling Patrick that he needs help. He begins to explain that he is stuck in his wringer, but Patrick interrupts before he can finish, saying he knows how to help SpongeBob. However, the problem only gets worse when Patrick, misunderstands the situation and uses Forever Glue to permanently trap SpongeBob inside it. SpongeBob is a bit upset, but tries to go about his usual day. But, being stuck in the wringer causes some unforeseen problems. SpongeBob causes chaos at the Krusty Krab, and gets kicked out of work because he put Mr. Krabs' money in danger. Patrick meets him outside, and asks how his day is going. SpongeBob admits that he's having some trouble, and Patrick decides to take SpongeBob to Super Weenie Hut Juniors for some ice cream to cheer him up. SpongeBob becomes even sadder when he discovers that the wringer prevents him from eating his ice cream. Patrick suggests that they go to the carnival, the "funnest spot in the ocean." Carnival games prove impossible for SpongeBob, but Patrick has lots of fun. Patrick's good luck annoys SpongeBob, which finally causes him to lose his temper and scream at Patrick for ruining his life. Patrick runs off crying as a result, and the other fish at the carnival are disgusted with SpongeBob's outburst (they seem to know that Patrick had not helped him one bit, but that he had at least tried, despite his stupidity), and tell SpongeBob that he deserved what he got, sending him into depression. The next morning, Patrick tries to ignore the fact that all of the things he usually does involve SpongeBob, and keeps telling himself that he's not supposed to care about SpongeBob anymore. Patrick finds that forgetting about his friend is impossible, and enters the pineapple by breaking down the door while yelling: "I'm coming buddy!" Inside, he finds a depressed and slightly crazed SpongeBob watching TV static. Horrified by this, and blaming himself for SpongeBob's problem, Patrick cries. His tears splash on the glue and melt some of it. Realizing this, SpongeBob suggests that they both cry, so he might be able to slip out of the wringer. Both friends cry, which melts the glue and allows SpongeBob to be free of the wringer. SpongeBob and Patrick hug when SpongeBob tosses the wringer into the air. When it comes back down, it lands around the two, leaving them stuck in the wringer together.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Unknown Track 53 - Ron Wasserman [SpongeBob loses soap bar]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Good thing I have a spare."]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob slips on the soap]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Not gonna fool me this time, soap."]
‣ Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [SpongeBob steps on a rubber duck]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets stuck in the wringer]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to get out]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, SpongeBob, have you seen my rubber ducky?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick glues SpongeBob to the wringer]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Now I'm stuck... forever?!"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick, I wanted to get unstuck, not more stuck!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ High Black Shoes - Tom Hedden ["You know what, SquarePants? That's quitter talk."]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob falls down the stairs]
‣ Sailor's Sting 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward laughs]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell ["Hey, SpongeBob, love the outfit."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob accidentally squirts mustard in Squidward's eyes]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Squidward!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob causes chaos]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [money all over the floor]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicks SpongeBob out]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["I can't do anything without this stupid wringer getting in the way."]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["A sad, sad, sad, sad little bike rack."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Don't you go crying on me!"]
‣ Ulkereien - Gerhard Trede [Super Weenie Hut Jr.'s]
‣ Old Comrades - Andrew Pilmer [carnival ball toss]
‣ Wien Bleibt Wien - Andrew Pilmer [SpongeBob gets a black eye]
‣ Over the Waves - Andrew Pilmer ["Hey, pal, want some of my cotton candy?"]
‣ Melodrama 29 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patrick runs away crying]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["It's your heart."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["You deserve what you've gotten."]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [Patrick brushing his teeth]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["I know!"]
‣ Unknown Track 29 - staring contest
‣ ? [tumbleweed blows by]
‣ Jalopy - Ron Aspery [playing fetch]
‣ Horror House of Wax Retro 2 - Nicolas Carr, Ron Wasserman ["Buddy!"]
‣ Death Clock (c) - Dick de Benedictis [SpongeBob watching static on TV]
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - Carl Maria Von Weber, George Wilson ["I can't hear you with all the lonely voices in my head."]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This is the sixth time SpongeBob gets a black eye. The first time was in "No Weenies Allowed," the second was in "Krabby Land," third was in "Blackened Sponge," the fourth was in "Gullible Pants," and the fifth was in "Sand Castles in the Sand."
- This is the second time that Super Weenie Hut Jr's is shown. The first time was in "No Weenies Allowed," but this episode reveals what it looks like inside.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are in Super Weenie Hut Jr's, the background music is the same as the title card music in the episode "No Weenies Allowed." Also, this episode plays that music for the first time in 5 years ("Missing Identity" was the last time).
- The title card is written in Forever Glue.
- When SpongeBob is taking off the wringer, it shaves his 5:00 shadow.
- Also, after SpongeBob tries to get out of the wringer a second time, there are red veins visible for a split second.
- SpongeBob's wringer was shown on "Blackened Sponge," "Truth or Square," and "Suds."
- Just like in "Dumped," when Patrick brushes his teeth he also brushes his body.
- This is the second time bodily fluids dissolve something seemingly permanent where the forever glue was dissolved by tears. The first was in "Wet Painters" when the paint was dissolved by saliva. In this episode, it was dissolved by water.
- SpongeBob's inability to swallow something with the texture of ice cream heavily implies that he would eventually starve to death, had the wringer not been removed.
- The Forever Glue is used again in "Barnacle Face".
- SpongeBob broke the fourth wall when he said: "I guess crying does solve your problems after all" by facing the audience.
- This is the third time that Patrick ran away crying. The first was in "No Nose Knows," and the second was in "Grooming Gary."
- Patrick was supposed to forget about his friend, but screams "I'm coming buddy!"
- Forever Glue is a parody of Super Glue.
- There was more than one Tom when SpongeBob was mad at Patrick at the carnival.
- When Patrick jumps off his rock, the soap on his body disappears when he touches the ground.
- After SpongeBob slips on the soap, it zooms out and the soap is missing.
- Patrick only put glue on one side of the wringer, but throughout the episode, it is on both sides.
- The part of the handle that SpongeBob didn't break off with his tongue is missing after Patrick breaks the wringer off from the floor.
- The worker's hat at the ball toss is temporarily missing.
- When SpongeBob flew towards the wringer, he was facing the sky, but when he got stuck, he was facing the ground.
- Everybody is angry at SpongeBob, but when SpongeBob says "ahhahahha, lot of drama of that one" Dale and Tom are do not appear angry at SpongeBob, but in the next scene, Tom appears angry and Dale disappears.
- Wringers wouldn't work underwater.
- When SpongeBob accidentally squirts mustard into Squidward's eyes his eyes shrivel up and are gone, but when SpongeBob checks the boat to see if he is okay, his eyes are back.
- After SpongeBob says "...sad little bike rack" his tie appears over the top of the wringer instead of being under it.
- As shown at the end of the episode, Patrick's Forever Glue is not forever, as SpongeBob's and Patrick's tears melted it. Therefore, the glue is not forever lasting glue.