- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Sheldon J. Plankton (cameo)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Earl Cheeks (debut)
- Sandy's robots
- Author of Records Book (debut)
- Sandals (cameo in a picture)
At the beginning, the episode starts off at the Krusty Krab at night. Squidward is sleeping at the cash register until Squidward's clock starts ringing which causes him to wake up and stop the clock ringing with his hand. Squidward then pokes his head in the kitchen window and yells at SpongeBob to go home since it's quitting time. SpongeBob is obliviously not paying attention to anything Squidward is saying. A minute later, SpongeBob's watch beeps and notices that it's quitting time. He asks Squidward why he is still here. Squidward is frustrated by this and runs out of the Krusty Krab yelling angrily. Still in the kitchen, SpongeBob doesn't want to throw away a cooked patty, so he puts the patty in his wallet to save for later. SpongeBob then smells garbage and decides to take out the trash. While dumping the trash into the dumpster, SpongeBob notices a book covered in garbage and claims "You shouldn't throw away books." Suddenly, SpongeBob sees a big green slimy monster emerging from the dumpster. SpongeBob then throws the book at it, causing the slimy monster to fall over. The slime dissolves to reveal that it was actually Sandy. Sandy claims that she is not a trash monster and was just trying to break the record for rooting around in a trash bin. Sandy shows SpongeBob the book he was holding is called The Guinness O'Ripley Enormous Book of Curiosities, Oddities, and World Records. She then shows SpongeBob some of the world records in the book and claims she wants to beat every record in that book.
The scene cuts to Sandy's Treedome where SpongeBob and Sandy try to break the record for world's longest tongue. Sandy holds her hand on her door while SpongeBob pulls on Sandy's tongue. The record is broken after SpongeBob stretches her tongue up to 175 inches. The next record is to eat raw chum, so SpongeBob and Sandy go to the Chum Bucket and ask Plankton to give them raw chum. Plankton, however, warns them that no one can ingest raw chum and survive, but SpongeBob and Sandy don't care. Later in Sandy's Treedome, SpongeBob wears a special germ suit and gives Sandy a spoon of raw chum. Sandy then swallows it and freaks out. SpongeBob tells Sandy that she survived and broke the record. However, Sandy suddenly becomes subconscious from eating the raw chum. SpongeBob then takes off his water helmet and feeds Sandy the patty in his wallet he saved from work. Sandy recovers from her subconscious and says "I can't wait to show them experts the pictures of my record-breaking feats." SpongeBob suddenly realizes that he forgot his camera and goes home to get it.
When SpongeBob returns, he sees Sandy's treedome filled with a bunch of robots. Sandy comes up to SpongeBob and asks him to take a picture of her throwing a woodchuck to break the woodchuck chuckin' world record. SpongeBob takes the photo of Sandy throwing a woodchuck and she breaks the record. Sandy at that occasion sends the woodchucks back to where they belong. Afterward, SpongeBob asks Sandy "What is all this?" Sandy explains that she had constructed many robots to help keep track of her records and with careful planning and precise delegation of appropriate tasks so that she can manage the successful completion of the maximum number of records broken in the least amount of time. Sandy takes the picture of her throwing a woodchuck from SpongeBob and places it in the book. Sandy flips the page of the world records book to see what's next. The next record is the world's longest tooth. Sandy then asks one of the robots how the calcium fusion is going. The robot replies, "It is ready, Miss Cheeks." Sandy administers the shot and her tooth grows. It continues to grow until she hits her head on the ceiling of the treedome. The robot uses a tape measure and reaches 36 feet which breaks the record. SpongeBob takes a picture and tells Sandy to say "Cheese!" Sandy saws a giant part of the tooth off her top tooth and slides down. The next record is, spiciest chili gargle. So, Sandy gargles on chili as SpongeBob takes a picture. Sandy gulps the spicy chilly and breathes out fire at SpongeBob. The next record is largest rubber band ball. SpongeBob takes a picture of the large rubber band ball as Sandy lets go of it and SpongeBob gets crushed. The record after that is most cobras milked. SpongeBob takes a picture of Sandy milking the cobras. After that, the next record is most walnuts in mouth. Sandy gets a lot of walnuts in her mouth, SpongeBob takes a photo and Sandy spits out the walnuts. After that record, the next one is most chainsaws juggled. The scene cuts to Sandy juggling chainsaws with robots giving her more to juggle. SpongeBob takes a picture of her juggling the chainsaws and asks "How do you stop?" To answer his question, Sandy stops juggling chainsaws and then runs like heck. However, SpongeBob accidentally gets cut into pieces by chainsaws because he ran the wrong way. SpongeBob puts himself back together and says "It is getting kinda dangerous." Sandy then takes SpongeBob and herself outside the treedome and shows SpongeBob the world's largest house of cards. Sandy and SpongeBob go up to the top of the house of cards so that they can take a picture. Meanwhile, Patrick is walking along and sees the house of cards is made with Solitaire cards. Patrick comes back with a baseball bat and hits the house of cards causing the world's largest house of cards to collapse as SpongeBob and Sandy scream when they fall from the top. Thereupon, SpongeBob tells Sandy that he can smell Gary's sandbox and goes home to clean it.The scene changes to SpongeBob's house where SpongeBob is cleaning Gary's litter box. While cleaning the litter box, SpongeBob tells Gary that he has broken the record for "World's Stinkiest Litter box." SpongeBob finds that Sandy has become obsessed with the record book and claims the book must be destroyed. SpongeBob goes back to Sandy's treedome and disguises himself as one of Sandy's robots so he looks like the rest of the robots. SpongeBob then asks one of the robots if he can hold on to the record book and the robot gives the book to him. Sandy doesn't recognize SpongeBob's robot disguise and puts him into a line where robots are getting destroyed to break the record for most robots built and destroyed in a day. While the robots are getting built and destroyed, a robot standing next to Sandy is counting the total amount of destroyed robots in order to break the world record. In the line of robots getting built and destroyed, SpongeBob in his robot disguise tries to sneak out of the line, but one robot grabs him and says "We're all in this together." SpongeBob and the robot both get crushed and are sent though a conveyor belt. Sandy finally breaks the most robots built and destroyed in a day.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["It's quitting time, SpongeBob."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob snaps fingers]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob puts the patty in his wallet]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["But I do have to throw away the trash."]
‣ Moon Walk - John Fox [SpongeBob taking out the trash]
‣ Drama Sting 5 - Steve Marston [something emerges from dumpster]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sandy? You're a trash monster?"]
‣ Fancytale - Gregor F. Narholz [book of records]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob stretching Sandy's tongue]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [end of scene]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "Yipes! Sweet mother of pearl!"
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy gulps]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Sandy at the Chum Bucket]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [giant barrel of raw chum]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob feeds Sandy chum]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Sandy yelling]
‣ Ta-Ra (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["That's it, Sandy! You did it!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy passes out]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence ["I know just what you need."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob feeds Sandy a Krabby Patty]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["I did it! I'm alive!"]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green [SpongeBob goes to get a camera]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [woodchuck chucking]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr ["Wow, Sandy, what is all this?"]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy's front teeth grow]
‣ Steve's March - Sam Spence [spiciest chili gargle]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cut up]
‣ Climb to Altitude - Trevor Duncan [largest house of cards]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [Patrick appears]
‣ Charge - Nicolas Carr ["I kick a touchdown!"]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns [Patrick knocks down the house of cards]
‣ Charge - Nicolas Carr ["What's next?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I think I smell Gary's sandbox."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "I think you broke a record today, Gary."
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob disguises himself as a robot]
‣ Danger HQ - Norman Dane ["Hey, where do you think you're going?"]
‣ Disturbances - Gerhard Trede [most robots built and destroyed in a day]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (x) - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob?"]
‣ Dream Date - Emil Cadkin, Phil Green, William Loose ["I don't want to lose you, Sandy!"]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green ["I've invited the author to verify my eminence."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?!"]
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- As of April 1, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 131 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.1/10 based on 58 votes.
- There are six acorns in the title card.
- This episode marks the first instance of Plankton having a customer by selling chum without any assistance.
- The episode takes place after "Born Again Krabs" because SpongeBob does not throw away the patty.
- This is the second episode where Sandy's robots are seen, the first being "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- However, in this episode, the robots roll on wheels instead of walking.
- This is the second episode where someone plays Solitaire.
- This episode and its sister, "Extreme Spots," are considered part of season 9, yet they premiered before the last six episodes of season 8 had premiered.
- This episode is part of The Super Spongy Square Games with "Extreme Spots," "Face Freeze!," and "Demolition Doofus."
- The huge bucket of raw chum has the biohazard symbol on it. This means that the raw chum is a threat to health.
- It is revealed that Sandy has 100 woodchuck cousins, with one named Earl.
- Ironically, woodchucks are a type of ground squirrel, which is also known as groundhogs.
- Running gag: Sandy trying to break records and SpongeBob getting hurt.
- The way SpongeBob is sliced by the chainsaws slightly resembles his sliced body shown in the theme song.
- This episode is similar to "Prehibernation Week" in that SpongeBob assists Sandy but gets injured many times in the process.
- In Arabic, this episode is called "الارقام القياسية," which means "the records book."
- There is a Nick.com game based on this episode called Guinness O'Ripley's Extreme Arcade of World Records.
- This episode premiered on Robin Williams' 61st birthday, three years after the To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants DVD was released, and one year after "The Googly Artiste" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada nine years after "Squeaky Boots" premiered in Japan and four years after SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis was released on GBA and Wii and "Atlantis SquarePantis" premiered, and one year after "Sandy's Vacation in Ruins" premiered.
- This episode's title is a pun on "world record."
- Sandy's record book is a parody of the Guinness Book of World Records and Ripley's Believe It or Not.
- SpongeBob turning into a cube is a reference to Wall-E.
- When SpongeBob puts a patty in his wallet, his milkshake license is seen, but in the next scene, when SpongeBob takes out the patty after Sandy had raw chum, it has a picture of a cowboy saying "Yee Haw!"
- When SpongeBob measures Sandy's tongue, he falls and his sleeves, arms, and camera are shown outside his water helmet after, but in the next scene, they are inside his helmet.
- In an advertisement for this episode, it says Sandy and SpongeBob perform the "175-yard tongue pull."
- However, on Sandy's tongue it shows inches, not yards.
- Although Sandy's treedome does not have water in it, when SpongeBob pulls the Krabby Patty out of his wallet to revive Sandy, there are bubbles that appear courtesy of his hand in motion.
- Speaking of which, when he is about to blow air into Sandy, he takes a deep breath, which is impossible because he is a sea critter in a treedome.
- SpongeBob leaves his helmet inside the treedome when he leaves to get his camera, but is shown running back with it on again outside the treedome.
- SpongeBob tells Sandy that he smells Gary's sandbox, but when he is talking to Gary, he calls it his litter box.
- After SpongeBob is crushed on the machine, he did not wear a helmet but was able to breathe somehow.
- SpongeBob backs up from the dumpster and mouth's "Trash monster!" However, no audio is heard.
- Closed-captions mistake "chainsaw" for "chain saw."