This article contains speculative information. Please keep this in mind as you read it.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
Their opinion on each other
Squidward thinks Sandy is the only normal person in his environment. As seen in episode "Squidtastic Voyage" Sandy actually cares about him, and is probably the most worried person about his problem (Squidward has swallowed his clarinet). It seems like Sandy is more interested in Squidward than vice versa. Sandy is the only person Squidward has no problems with.
Episodes were they are interacting with each other
- At the Krusty Krab Halloween party, Sandy greets Squidward, and he asks her what she's supposed to be. She answers, but he says "I don't get it." Sandy walks away offended, but Squidward does not seem to care. It may imply that Sandy wanted Squidward to talk to her, or it could of been a hint of attraction.
- Sandy was at Squidward "Funeral" with loads of other "mourners," but they didn't talk to each other, but it is shown that Sandy actually cares.
- Everyone, even Squidward, all wanted Sandy to stay in Bikini Bottom. When Sandy says "Home is where you're surrounded by critters that care about ya" and everyone gathers around Sandy, making it that everyone, even Squidward, cares about her.
- When Squidward apologizes to SpongeBob near the end of the episode, he says he also likes "Mr Krabs, Gary, Patrick, Sandy" and at the end of the episode, SpongeBob and everyone says "April Fools!" to Squidward, and Spongebob says "What would we do without Squidward?" and they all smile at him.
- Squidward says to Sandy "He's not in my thoughts" and then replies "Well, think again".
- Squidward helps Sandy find SpongeBob.
- Squidward jokes with others about Sandy pride, that she is a land creature, and these are better than sea ones. He does however seem to apologise, when Sandy rescues them from a seagull.
Season 4 is a season where their friendship develops from very occasional talking to something more. Sandy and Squidward both seem to care more about each other.
- Sandy is seen visting Squidward at the hospital with Spongebob, Patrick, Mr Krabs and Patrick when he broke his laugh box.
- In this episode, Squidward begs Sandy to separate SpongeBob and himself. So she tries to help, by creating a device.
- Sandy seems to care most about Squidward in this episode, also she's a bit hitting on him (although, these are maybe just a friendly gestures), they are laughing with each other and Sandy tries to gently calm him down.
- Sandy goes to Squidward's clarinet recital.
- Sandy calls Squidward "Squid Cakes".
- Sandy says "You did it!" and touches his back.
- Sandy and Squidward talk to each other in the Krusty Krab, She also says to let her friends go to a ghost as talking about Squidward, Mr Krabs and Patrick.
- Sandy tries to help teach Squidward karate.
- Squidward and Sandy played Patrick's Game. Sandy was mad at Squidward for making fun of Patrick's game.
- Sandy helped him and the other Bikini Bottomites regain their smartness back.
- Teamed up to help SpongeBob get rid of his Mocking Mimicry Madness.
- When Squidward invented a new sport in order to kill Patrick and SpongeBob, Sandy shows up and saw through his intentions. In order to teach him a lesson, she challenges him for the sake of SpongeBob and Patrick, which she eventually wins.
- Sandy was seen carrying Squidward away from the bicycles and skaters, when he was almost crushed.
- Squidward jumps on top on Sandy's head.
- Squidward was seen riding on Sandy's back.