This article contains speculative information. Please keep this in mind as you read it.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
The Squidward-Patrick Relationship is a relationship throughout the course of the series. Squidward is usually shown to have a considerable dislike towards Patrick, for constantly ruining his day and driving him up the wall with his annoying antics and annoying things. This dislike would grow in the later episodes, despite doing nothing wrong. Though, once in a while, Squidward has occasionally shown kindness towards Patrick under certain circumstances.
Interactions throughout the series
Although Squidward hates both SpongeBob and Patrick, he is far more rude to Patrick (possibly for being more stupid). Like SpongeBob, Patrick also acts friendly to Squidward. However, Patrick is more likely to be mean to Squidward. Sometimes, Patrick thinks Squidward doesn't like them, like in Jellyfishing. An example is in Wishing You Well, where Squidward and Patrick begin pushing each other and engage in a fight. In Restraining SpongeBob, Squidward feels Patrick is much more annoying than SpongeBob, as seen when he crossed out SpongeBob's name on his restraining order and replaced it with Patrick's; as of that moment, Squidward now hates Patrick more than SpongeBob. It should also be noted that Patrick has a habit of ignoring Squidward - for example, in Buried in Time, Squidward rejected Rocky from being placed in the time capsule, but Patrick began to do it anyway.
Times where Patrick was mean to Squidward
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV - Although played for comedy, Patrick attempts to punch a shrunken Squidward with a "giant fist," despite what SpongeBob told him.
- Krusty Towers - After Squidward brings Patrick's bags up to his hotel room and discovers his suitcase is full of rocks, Patrick angrily retorts, "I don't tell you how to live your life!"
- Wishing You Well - Patrick pushes Squidward and starts a fight with him. The former is the victor.
- Big Sister Sam - Patrick and Sam, refer to both Squidward and SpongeBob as "meanies," and argue with the latter two throughout the whole episode.
- Restraining SpongeBob - Patrick attacks Squidward, resulting in Patrick knocking SpongeBob off of Squidward's restraining order and being put on it himself.
- Little Yellow Book - Patrick threw tomatoes at Squidward for reading SpongeBob's diary. When Squidward accused Patrick for reading it too, Patrick said, "Blame everyone but yourself, that is so you!" He then throws another tomato at him.
- Patrick! The Game - As the police arrived to arrest Squidward, Patrick wrote this as a repeat offender & gave the note to the officer. Squidward was thankful to that at first, but after encountering the same inmate, Squidward asks for someone to say his name.
Times where Squidward was nice to Patrick
- Naughty Nautical Neighbors- Squidward expresses gratitude to Patrick after he saves him from choking to death on a fork. But immediately kicks him out for sleeping during his music session.
- SB-129 - After being in the past and the future, Squidward admits he misses SpongeBob and wants to go home. When he gets home, he sees SpongeBob and Patrick, saying, "You don't know how happy I am to see you guys". Though he quickly becomes annoyed by the fact that he invented jellyfishing.
- Christmas Who? - Squidward, dressed as Santa, sells his clock to Patrick, who mistakes it for a wrist watch.
- Idiot Box - When Squidward kicks the box, he starts an avalanche. Squidward becomes worried about SpongeBob and Patrick and checks inside the box to see if they are alright.
- The Camping Episode - After being warned multiple times about SeaBears by SpongeBob and Patrick and attacked multiple times by one, Squidward finally believes and joins them in their anti-seabear circle, which serves as a defense against attack. Squidward expresses gratitude to SpongeBob and Patrick for saving his life.
- Patrick SmartPants- Squidward is impressed by Patrick's suddenly, but temporary heightened intelligence.
- Breath of Fresh Squidward - After Squidward is shocked by his own electrical fence, he turns nice towards SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Enchanted Tiki Dreams - Appreciates SpongeBob and Patrick for creating the Enchanted Tiki Island, and even dances with them.
- Squidward's School For Grown-Ups- After Patrick grows a "beard," he acts more mature and becomes friends with Squidward; though at the end, this friendship breaks after the "beard" turns out to be a sea urchin.