- See the SpynjBob Pantsgwâr Wiki for more info.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
SpynjBob Pantsgwâr is the Welsh dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Welsh and are aired on the UK's Welsh language channel, S4C. It forms part of Stwnsh, a segment that is dedicated to older kids and teenagers. The show first aired on September 7, 2011. The dub is produced by . It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
Translation of characters
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Spynjbob Pantsgwâr - "sgwâr" means "square". "Pants" comes from English.
- Patrick Star - Padrig
- Squidward Tentacles - Sulwyn Serbwch
- Eugene H. Krabs - Mr. Cranci - from "cranc", meaning "crab"
- Sandy Cheeks - Tina Tywod - "tywod" means "sand"
- Sheldon J. Plankton - Al-gi, meaning "algæ"
- Gary the Snail - Gari'r Falwen
- Larry the Lobster - Cenwyn
- Squilliam Fancyson - Gwilym Gwellnaphawb - "gwellnaphawb" literally means "betterthaneveryone"
- Pearl Krabs - Perl Cranci
- Mermaid Man - Mr Môrforwyn
- Barnacle Boy - Boibachbysgod - literally meaning "Boachfish"
- Nicholas Withers - Aled Spam
- Mini Squidward - Sulwyn Bach
Translation of places
- Bikini Bottom - Pant y Bicini - literally meaning "The Pants of the Bikini"
- Krusty Krab - Y Crancdy - "Crancdy" is made from the word "cranc" (crab) and "tŷ" (house), so "crabhouse"
- Chum Bucket - Yr Abwydal-gi - "abwyd" means "bait"
- Glove World! - Mega Maneg
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Only three Seasons
In the Welsh dub, the episodes are in the wrong order and only seasons 4, 5, and 6 have been dubbed into the Welsh language. In near future, It is possible SAIN Recordiau Cyf will correct the order of episodes.
- Almost the entire dub uses the SpongeFont SquareType font.
- It's currently unknown if the dubbing studio ( ) will ever dub Seasons 1, 2, 3, the rest of Season 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. It's also unknown if they will dub the double episodes (minus "WhoBob WhatPants"), "Truth or Square," "Atlantis SquarePantis" and both movies. On 21st January 2018, it was confirmed that Sain Recordiau (a division of the well-known Welsh record label Sain) will dub the rest. The cast will be Elain Llwyd, Aled Evans, Dyfrig Evans, more is to be confirmed soon. It is confirmed that Gareth Delve, the former Cyw presenter will voice SpongeBob. Aled Evans will voice Squidward & Mr Krabs, Elain Llwyd (well known for her role as Dona Direidi) will voice Sandy, Dyfrig Evans will voice Patrick.