This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
SpynjBob Pantsgwâr is the Welsh dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Welsh and are aired on the UK's Welsh language channel, S4C. It forms part of Stwnsh, a segment that is dedicated to older kids and teenagers and it will air on pre-school block Cyw (the channel responsible for airing Rapsgaliwn, Dona Direidi, Do Re Mi Dona, Oli Wyn, Dathlu 'da Dona, Loti Borloti, Pentre Bach & Da Di Dona). The show first aired on September 7, 2011. The dub is produced by Tinopolis and The Cyw dub is in production by SAIN Recordiau Cyf on their Stwdio Sain department. It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - SpynjBob Pantsgwâr - "sgwâr" means "square". "Pants" comes from English.
- Patrick Star - Padrig (Padrig y Seren in the Cyw version)
- Squidward Tentacles - Sulwyn Serbwch
- Eugene H. Krabs - Mr. Cranci (Mr Cranc in the Cyw version) - from "cranc", meaning "crab"
- Sandy Cheeks - Tina Tywod (Tywodi in the Cyw version) - "tywod" means "sand"
- Sheldon J. Plankton - Al-gi (just called Plankton in the Cyw version), meaning "algæ"
- Gary the Snail - Gari'r Falwen (Gari y Falwen in the Cyw version)
- Larry the Lobster - Cenwyn (Cenwyn y Lobster in the Cyw version)
- Squilliam Fancyson - Gwilym Gwellnaphawb - "gwellnaphawb" literally means "betterthaneveryone" (Gwilym Gwell in the Cyw version)
- Pearl Krabs - Perl Cranci (Perl y Morfilod in the Cyw version)
- Mermaid Man - Mr Môrforwyn
- Barnacle Boy - Boibachbysgod - literally meaning "Boachfish"
- Nicholas Withers - Aled Spam (Nicolas Spam in the Cyw version)
- Mini Squidward - Sulwyn Bach
- Bikini Bottom - Pant y Bicini, Pontytreath in the Cyw version - literally meaning "The Pants of the Bikini"
- Krusty Krab - Y Crancdy, Y Crusti Cranci in the Cyw version - "Crancdy" is made from the word "cranc" (crab) and "tŷ" (house), so "crabhouse"
- Chum Bucket - Yr Abwydal-gi - "abwyd" means "bait"
- Glove World! - Mega Maneg, Sbriland in the Cyw version
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Issues with the Tinopolis dub
In the Welsh dub, the episodes are in the wrong order and only seasons 4, 5, and 6 have been dubbed into the Welsh language. On January 21, 2018, it was confirmed that Sain Recordiau (a division of the Welsh record label Sain, who are also reponsible for the Welsh dubs of Thomas & Friends, Bob The Builder, Octonauts, Peter Rabbit, Messy Goes To OKIDO, Chico Chugg, Bing & Mike The Knight) will dub the rest of the series. The cast will be Elain Llwyd, Aled Evans, Dyfrig Evans, and more which will be confirmed soon. It is confirmed that Gareth Delve, the former Cyw presenter, will voice SpongeBob. Aled Evans will voice Squidward and Mr Krabs, Dyfrig Evans will voice Patrick, and Elain Llwyd (well known for her role as Dona Direidi, also plays Chantelle the bank-teller in the British movie The Golden Years) will voice Sandy. Ffion Llwyd (Elain's sister will voice Pearl Krabs. Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 will be dubbed by SAIN Recordiau Cyf whilst they redub seasons 4 to 6.
- Almost the entire dub uses the SpongeFont SquareType font.
- SAIN Recordiau Cyf's intro of a kids saying "Ie, Capten!" instead of aden used in the Tinopolis dub.
- It is likely that Sandy will sound more like Dona Direidi rather than the Texan accent due to her being voiced by Elain Llwyd.
- SpongeBob would not sound like Mickey Mouse in a Cyw dub of SpongeBob like he did in a Tinopolis version.
- Squidward & Patrick's voices will sound accurate in a Cyw version.
- In the Cyw version, Sandy might call SpynjBob "Spwngi" as Dona Direidi calls the non-living sponge "SPWNG" in a episode Oli Odl 1.