- See the SpynjBob Pantsgwâr Wiki for more info.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
SpynjBob Pantsgwâr is the Welsh dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Welsh and are aired on the UK's channel, S4C. It forms part of Stwnsh, a segment that is dedicated for teenagers. The show first aired on September 7, 2011. The dub is produced by . It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
Translation of characters
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Spynjbob Pantsgwâr - "sgwâr" means "square". "Pants" comes from English.
- Patrick - Padrig
- Squidward Tentacles - Sulwyn Serbwch
- Mr. Krabs - Mr. Cranci - from "cranc", meaning "crab"
- Sandy Cheeks - Tina Tywod - "tywod" means "sand"
- Plankton - Al-gi, meaning "algæ"
- Larry the Lobster - Cenwyn
- Squilliam Fancyson - Gwilym Gwellnaphawb - "gwellnaphawb" literally means "betterthaneveryone"
- Pearl Krabs - Perl Cranci
- Mermaid Man - Mr Môrforwyn
- Barnacle Boy - Boibachbysgod - literally meaning "Boachfish"
- Nicholas Withers - Aled Spam
Translation of places
- Bikini Bottom - Pant y Bicini - literally meaning "The Pants of the Bikini"
- Krusty Krab - Y Crancdy - "Crancdy" is made from the word "cranc" (crab) and "tŷ" (house), so "crabhouse"
- Chum Bucket - Yr Abwydal-gi - "abwyd" means "bait"
- Glove World! - Mega Maneg
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Only 3 Seasons
In the Welsh dub, the episodes are in the wrong order and only seasons 4, 5, and 6 have been dubbed into the Welsh language.
- Almost the entire dub uses the SpongeFont SquareType font.
- It's currently unknown if the dubbing studio ( ) will ever dub Seasons 1, 2, 3, the rest of Season 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. It's also unknown if they will dub the double episodes (minus "WhoBob WhatPants"), "Truth or Square," "Atlantis SquarePantis" and both movies. It's most likely that they will never dub any of these.