Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- See the SpynjBob Pantsgwâr Wiki for more info.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
|Country:||Wales (United Kingdom)|
|Distributor:||MTV Networks International|
|Wiki:||SpynjBob Pantsgwâr Wiki|
|International SpongeBob SquarePants|
SpynjBob Pantsgwâr is the Welsh dub of SpongeBob SquarePants. Episodes are dubbed into Welsh and are aired on the UK's Welsh language channel, S4C. It forms part of Stwnsh, a segment that is dedicated for teenagers. The show first aired on September 7, 2011. It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
Translation of characters
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Spynjbob Pantsgwâr - "sgwâr" means "square". "Pants" comes from English.
- Patrick - Padrig
- Squidward Tentacles - Sulwyn Serbwch
- Mr. Krabs - Mr. Cranci - from "cranc", meaning "crab"
- Sandy Cheeks - Tina Tywod - "tywod" means "sand"
- Plankton - Al-gi, meaning "algæ"
- Larry the Lobster - Cenwyn
- Squilliam Fancyson - Gwilym Gwellnaphawb - "gwellnaphawb" literally means "betterthaneveryone"
- Pearl Krabs - Perl Cranci
Translation of places
- Bikini Bottom - Pant y Bicini - literally meaning "The Pants of the Bikini"
- the Krusty Krab - Y Crancdy - "Crancdy" is made from the word "cranc" (crab) and "tŷ" (house), so "crabhouse"
- The Chum Bucket - Yr Abwydal-gi - "abwyd" means "bait"
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Only 3 Seasons
In the Welsh dub, the episodes are in the wrong order, with only seasons 4, 5, and 6 having ever broadcast in the language.