This article has speculative information. Please keep this in mind as you read it.
Their opinion on each other
When SpongeBob first met Sandy in Tea at the Treedome, he wanted to be with her all day despite that he didn't know the meaning of air. Their relationship seemed to be close.
Most Favorite Activities
- Karate - SpongeBob and Sandy do karate often. Their first karate moment is Karate Choppers. In some episodes, SpongeBob tries to sneak up on Sandy to win, but SpongeBob's plan backfired. As the series progressed, they did less karate, and do science instead.
- Science - Sandy uses SpongeBob as a test monkey for her inventions, in Perfect Chemistry, Sandy didn't call SpongeBob "lab partner" until the end.
- Hanging out at Goo Lagoon - In Season 1, they hang out at Goo Lagoon such as in Ripped Pants and MuscleBob BuffPants. Every time in these episodes, SpongeBob tries to impress Sandy on such occasions.
Hints of attraction
- SpongeBob wanted to visit to her house; despite he didn't know about air.
- He was surprised about Sandy's home because there was no water. But despite that he was slowly drying out, he stayed at Sandy's home so he would not hurt her feelings.
- Sandy was terrified that SpongeBob (and Patrick) dried out, so she relieved them with glass domes filled with water.
- He wanted to impress Sandy by making things out of sand.
- When Sandy goes to lift some weights, SpongeBob was upset.
- SpongeBob was also jealous of Larry because he kept getting Sandy's attention.
- SpongeBob felt embarrassed when he ripped his pants, but when this instantly made him a comedic star, he thought he could rip his pants to get good laughs and impress Sandy. This worked until SpongeBob pretended to drown, making Sandy (and the rest of the beach) angry because they thought he had died.
- SpongeBob wanted to be in Sandy's rocket on her moon trip. To visit the moon.
- SpongeBob wanted to impress Sandy by catching aliens by saying: "But won't she feel silly when I catch her a real live alien? Aw, she'll love me!"
- SpongeBob was surprised about Sandy's muscles, and Sandy wanted to train him. When the training failed, SpongeBob bought Anchor Arms to make himself look muscular.
- SpongeBob and Sandy had several "friendly" matches of karate.
- Sandy manages to convince Mr. Krabs to re-hire SpongeBob by taking the blame.
- Instead of calling Patrick to take him to the doctor he called Sandy.
- Sandy helped SpongeBob get to the hospital (fighting with Patrick during the process).
- They are the only ones who were involved with a plan (giving Patrick a great Valentine's Day surprise).
- SpongeBob was the most concerned when Sandy wanted to go back to Texas.
- Sandy blushed, in anger, when SpongeBob jokingly referred to Texas.
- Sandy didn't hurt SpongeBob, only Patrick. But Spongebob was too quick for her.
- They did a lot of the extreme pre-hibernation stunts together (much to SpongeBob's dismay).
- Sandy was so worried about SpongeBob's disappearance that she put everyone in town into a search party and destroyed several buildings to look for him. He was found under Patrick's rock.
- Sandy was upset that SpongeBob made fun of her species.
- SpongeBob was invited in Sandy's Treedome. (According to Sandy's plan).
- He promised her he'd stop making squirrel jokes.
- He started telling jokes about Mr.Krabs and Patrick
- They challenged each other to races and dare.
- In the end, they apologize to each other about their rivalry.
- Sandy was shocked that SpongeBob was injured.
- Sandy was also the most focused to make SpongeBob go outside.
- SpongeBob enjoys Sandy's joke at the beginning, while having a friendly game of karate.
- Sandy shows off the strength to SpongeBob and gets into the Salty Spittoon, and then SpongeBob tries many times, despite being injured many times, to get in to the Salty Spittoon, too, by trying to show off his strength to Sandy.
- When SpongeBob injures himself, Sandy calls an ambulance.
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy's house for advice
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy first when Squidward gets hurt, and then guards her submarine for her.
- Sandy trusts SpongeBob (and Patrick) to save help her Squidward.
- Sandy was the only one who didn't make fun of SpongeBob, and when SpongeBob flew his wig, Sandy politely accompanies him.
- SpongeBob has a fit when Sandy is away, and then decides to throw a welcome back party for her.
- Sandy has a crying fit after finding out that SpongeBob was missing, and then creates a device to find him.
- SpongeBob and Sandy were apparently getting married. However, it turned out to be a play, though the priest didn't know it was a play.
- In a deleted scene SpongeBob says " It doesn't have to be (a play)" hinting that he does like Sandy, but she slaps him in return.
- SpongeBob wanted Sandy to call him "lab partner", but ends up annoying Sandy, making SpongeBob upset.
- While arriving at the Chum Bucket, Sandy called Plankton lab partner, making SpongeBob jealous and upset, leaving the Chum Bucket. But Sandy companies him telling that he can be the test monkey.
- In the end, Sandy finally called SpongeBob lab partner when she foiled Plankton's plan, making SpongeBob overjoyed.