SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go to the beach until SpongeBob realizes that his key is missing. Then, they transform themselves into SpongeLock Holmes and Dr. Patson. Inside SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob is searching for the key using his magnifying glass while Patrick licks his lollipop. In the bathroom, SpongeBob and Patrick look in the bathtub and sink for the key. SpongeBob suddenly finds the key on Patrick's body when removing his clothes. SpongeBob asks how did Patrick get wet and sticky. The short ends with SpongeBob and Patrick looking confusingly while Dr. Patson's head in the toilet says "Intriguing."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- SpongeLock Holmes is a parody of Sherlock Holmes, and Dr. Patson is a parody of Dr. Watson.
- On Complete Seventh Season DVD, the title of the short is shortened to "SpongeHolmes."
- Patrick became wet and sticky by putting his head in the sink and licking the sticky lollipop.
- This short premiered ten years after the premiere of "Pressure" and "The Smoking Peanut" and nine years after the premiere of "As Seen on TV" and "Can You Spare a Dime?"
- When "SpongeLock" is looking through his magnifying glass he is looking straight, but his other eye is looking a little to the viewers right.
- On "The Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts" DVD, "SpongeLock Holmes" is listed as "Spongelock Holmes."