|Color:||Yellow with Green lightbulb-holes|
|First appearance:||Battle for Bikini Bottom|
|Latest appearance:||Battle for Bikini Bottom|
|List of characters|
SpongeBot SteelPants is a robot from the Console and GBA versions of Battle for Bikini Bottom.
On the console version, he looks like SpongeBob in Karate gear, but is bigger, is made of metal, has jetflames coming out of his pants instead of legs so he can fly, and you can see into his body through his eyes.
A notable thing is that barring the cutscenes after his first appearance, the robot possesses nine green colored energy generators in the form of lights on points of its body (one on each palm, one on each corner of his face, one on each side of its head, and one on the tip of its nose). These very generations are its weakpoints which SpongeBob must target with his abilities, and once one is shattered it cannot be damaged again.
On the GBA version, it looks the same except he has a Krusty Krab uniform hat, glowing red eyes, and Spat replacing its right hand (much like the Hash Slinging Slasher), and has purely metalic arms in a dark coal shade (the other hand is a clamp). He also has a notable red light as a signal receptor/antenna on the back of its head.
- Karate Spin: Swings one of its arms over several platforms and suddenly freezes in place for a while, leaving a weakpoint on its palm vulernable.
- Oddly, when it swings its left arm, it's closer inward. While with the right arm, it's further outward, all in terms of how stressed the chop is.
- Karate Chop: Karate chops the platform SpongeBob is standing on in an attempt to make him fall and hit him at the same time. Causes the platform SpongeBob is standing on to flip.
- Karate Yell: Screams "KAH-RAH-TAE!!!" so loud, the words are shot towards the player. Causes the platforms SpongeBob is standing on to flip.
- Krabby Patty Bomb: Makes Krabby Patty Bomb and throws it at the ground
Inside the Robot
Once all the weak points on the robot are destroyed, SpongeBob must go inside and shut down the robot by neutralizing its brain. Inside of SpongeBot's head, there are lots of platforms and Duplicatron 1000s which will produce various enemies to stop SpongeBob. Along with this, Robo-Plankton will occasionally pop up and try to attack SpongeBob as well. To shut down the metallic monstrosity for good, SpongeBob will need to break all 6 of SteelPants's fuses (which are thin glass tubes circulating electricity) using his bubble weapons.
Brain Cell Fuses
- First cell is guarded by Tar-Tars and Ham-mers. Once the fuse is unlocked, you can simply destroy it with a Bubble Spin (melee attack).
- Second cell is being protected by Chucks and G-Loves (produced by a Duplicatron 2000 from a far away platform which must be destroyed by the Cruise Bubble). This cell is hovering above the ground, use a Bubble Bash (upward headbutt) to smash it.
- Fodders (produced by a Duplicatron that either the Bubble Bowl or Cruiser Bubble can destory) and Monsoons patrol the third cell. This one is lodged into a grate and can only be destroyed with a Bubble Bounce (ground-pound), though it's possible to walk into the grate and hit it with a normal attack.
- More Monsoons, and a Duplicatron that produces Ham-mers with Chuck guarding it like #2 is abound. The fourth cell is enclosed in eceltric fencing: SpongeBob must use Bubble Bowl (bowling ball) through the fence to break it, but Cruise Bubble can be used here however.
- The last three cells are held in the core of SteelPants' brain and are guarded by Robo-Plankton himself. Avoid his lasers, take him down, and use Bubble Cruise (launches a bubble homing missile) to steer it down the tube, and smash the cell at the end, where the tunnel for the destroyed cell well close. There are three in total between bouncing platforms that SpongeBob can relocate around the brain with, but Robo-Plankton will appear each time he lands on the main footing. (Also, if not carefully positioned due to the start of the level being close by, it's possible to have SpongeBob fall back to the very starting platform of the level.)
When it was destroyed the first time, Robo-Plankton made it bigger and gave it Anchor Arms (seen in MuscleBob BuffPants), thus forcing SpongeBob to destroy the metal monster from the inside and starting the second phase of the battle.
SpongeBob used his bubble soap to create weapons that temporarily destroyed SteelPants. However, Robo-Plankton remodeled it and made it impossible to destroy the robot from the outside. SpongeBob went inside and destroyed the glowing bars, causing the robot to fall to the ground.
- There is an odd glitch where the player can beat SpongeBot in at least two hits. If the player gets SpongeBot to chop at the platform (attack begins after second hit) and avoids the attack while staying on the platform, SpongeBob will be flung into the air and the scene that plays when the SpongeBot is defeated is triggered, thus ending the fight. It is odd that just by reaching a certain unreachable height (unreachable without the glitch, of course), that the boss can be skipped.
- SpongeBot SteelPants is the only robot boss with a clever name.
- This is also the only major boss in the game (console versions) where only one character is playable.
- Even though Robo-Plankton is seemingly the main antagonist of the game, SpongeBot is really the one considered the final boss.
- In some versions of the console versions, the energy lights on one of the sides of the robot's head will be misplaced, almost looking like it's been messed up (the light is jammed in from the side).
- The cutscene that occurs when the robot is first encountered only plays once per playthrough per file on some versions of the console version.
- In the cutscene where Spongebob defeats SpongeBot's normal state, Robot Plankton will state that he and SpongeBot where to get married the week after the events of the battle.
- The second form of the robot with the Anchor Arms was originally to be fought in previous builds of the console versions, along with previous trailers showing brief moments of the battle, but it was eventually scrapped from the final build of the game.
- Also, through exploring the hidden disc data, loading the unused files that lead to the battle will crash the game.