SpongeBob vs. The Big One is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on March 3, 2009 and contains seven episodes from season 6. It is based on the special of the same name and some of the episodes on it are beach-related.
The front cover shows SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward riding The Big One, with the latter about to collapse. There are two surfboards crossing each other on the cover, with the title transcribed in yellow, white and green text..
|111 - "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One"|
|106a - "A Life in a Day"|
|106b - "Sun Bleached"|
|107a - "Giant Squidward"|
|107b - "No Nose Knows"|
|108a - "Patty Caper"|
|108b - "Plankton's Regular"|
|List of home videos|
- DVD-Forum.at called this a DVD with "not interesting specials for the creation of the series but rather entertaining features," while also being surprised with the addition of special features, "unlike most other SpongeBob DVDs."
- Judge Erich Asperschlager of the DVD Verdict called the episodes "89 minutes of undersea goodness," despite comparing the DVD release, with the release of a complete seson 6 set. He also called the extras "fine," while also praising the video and audio quality.
- Jack Kahuna Laguna is only seen on the 2012 reissue cover.
- This DVD was nominated at the 37th Annie Awards for Best Home Entertainment Production.<rer>37th Annual Annie Awards (January 24, 2010). Retrieved on June 18, 2018.
- In international countries, the DVD is called "SpongeBob and The Big Wave."
- This DVD was released three years after The Yellow Avenger was released on PSP and Nicktoons Unite! was released in the PAL region and one year after "Krabby Road" premiered.
- This DVD was re-released on September 25, 2012, along with four other DVDs (SpongeBob's Pest of the West, Friend or Foe?, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, and The Seascape Capers) as part of the Super Square Collection.
- The Super Square Collection version of this DVD includes a poster of the cover.
- This DVD was re-released on Mark Hamill's 61st birthday, 13 years after the premiere of "MuscleBob BuffPants" and "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," and four years after Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition was released in Australia.
- "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" premiered on this DVD before premiering on American television one month later.
- The Greek version is the only one which does not have a sign behind the title of the cover (except for the reissue ones). The sign in the Greek cover is used for the caption below.
- The Turkish version of this DVD has the following episodes:
- This DVD includes short previews for other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include a Back in the Barnyard DVD, older SpongeBob DVDs, and Avatar: The Last Airbender DVDs.
- In the Turkish release cover, there is a misspelling. It writes "SüngerBob ve ve Büyük Dalga" and there are two 've's (meaning of 've': and). However there should have been an "and."
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)