SpongeBob vs. The Big One is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on March 3, 2009 and contains seven episodes from season 6. It is based on the special of the same name and some of the episodes on it are beach-related.
The front cover shows SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward riding the big one, with the latter about to collapse. The DVD title is written in green text and there are two surfboards crossing each other on the cover.
|111 - "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One"|
|106a - "A Life in a Day"|
|106b - "Sun Bleached"|
|107a - "Giant Squidward"|
|107b - "No Nose Knows"|
|108a - "Patty Caper"|
|108b - "Plankton's Regular"|
|List of home videos|
- DVD-Forum.at called this, a DVD with "not interesting specials for the creation of the series but rather entertaining features," while also being surprised with the addition of special features, "unlike most other SpongeBob DVDs."
- Jack Kahuna Laguna is only seen on the 2012 reissue cover.
- This DVD has been nominated at the 37th Annie Awards for Best Home Entertainment Production.
- In international countries, the DVD is called "SpongeBob and The Big Wave."
- This DVD was released three years after The Yellow Avenger was released on PSP and Nicktoons Unite! was released in the PAL region and one year after "Krabby Road" premiered.
- This DVD was re-released on September 25, 2012, along with four other DVDs (SpongeBob's Pest of the West, Friend or Foe?, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, and The Seascape Capers) as part of the Super Square Collection.
- The Super Square Collection version of this DVD includes a poster of the cover.
- This DVD was re-released on Mark Hamill's 61st birthday, 13 years after the premiere of "MuscleBob BuffPants" and "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," and four years after Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition was released in Australia.
- "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" premiered on this DVD before premiering on American television one month later.
- The Greek version is the only one which does not have a sign behind the title of the cover (except for the reissue ones). The sign in the Greek cover is used for the caption below.
- The Turkish version of this DVD has the following episodes:
- In the Turkish release cover, there is a misspelling. It writes "SüngerBob ve ve Büyük Dalga" and there are two 've's (meaning of 've': and). However there should have been an "and."
|SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (V • E)|
Locations: Kahmamoku Cove
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)