The SpongeBob Z-A Countdown was a marathon event that led up to the premiere of "Atlantis SquarePantis." In the weeks prior to the premiere of the episode, the fans voted online for their favorite episodes. The world premiere of the marathon started on November 12, 2007 at 9:00 AM. Each episode is corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. Starting with Z, for Plan Z in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. It ended with A, for Atlantis SquarePantis. Additionally, a countdown clock would appear on the bottom right corner of the screen, displaying the amount of time left until the premiere of Atlantis SquarePantis.
In the midst of the marathon, at 5:00 pm, Patchy the Pirate started to host the remainder of the marathon from the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. At 6:00 pm, Patchy went underwater for his underwater talk show. After the H episode aired, Patchy the Pirate went through the top 3 reasons to go to Atlantis:
- You never get lost in a lost city.
- All you can eat seafood buffet.
- No traffic.
Z to A list
- Interstitials for the countdown were produced and written by Melissa France, line produced by Tara Power, coordinated by Johanna Sarson, project managed by Emily Richards, and production assisted by Devin Melillo.
- ^ Turbo Nick
- ^ Z corresponds to Plankton's Evil Plan Z for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- ^ Y is for "You Wish" in "Shanghaied."
- ^ Y is for "You're" in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired"
- ^ X is for X marks the spot in "Arrgh!"
- ^ X is for X-treme sports in "Pre-Hibernation Week"
- ^ X is for Xtraterrestial in "Sandy's Rocket"
- ^ W is for "Where's Gary," the alternative name for "Have You Seen This Snail?"
- ^ V is for "Voyage" in "Squidtastic Voyage."
- ^ V is for "Vacation" in "Bummer Vacation"
- ^ U is for the "U" in "F.U.N."
- ^ U is for "Unknown" in "Artist Unknown"
- ^ U is for "Unfriendly" in "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost."
- ^ S is for "SpongeBob B.C.," the alternative title of "Ugh."
- ^ According to Turbo Nick, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie is put under the "R" category because "This Movie is rated R." Despite the fact that the movie is actually rated PG, no other explanation is given for this. It might be a reference to Squidward's joke in Krab Borg, "Why couldn't the 11 year old see the pirate movie? It was rated ARRRRR (R)!
- ^ Q is for "Quitting" for "Krusty Towers."
- ^ Q corresponds to "Quickster" as seen in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V.
- ^ Q corresponds to "Quality Control" in "Pickles".
- ^ TurboNick displays "House Party" instead of "Party Pooper Pants."
- ^ M is for "Movie" in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- ^ L is for "Lost in Time," an alternative name for "Dunces and Dragons."
- ^ E is for "Experiments" for "Chimps Ahoy."