Rock Bottom Plunge is a roller coaster which opened on March 15, 2008. It was built by the German amusement rides manufacturer Gerstlauer and is located at the indoor theme park Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. It is one of the first rides at Nickelodeon Universe and the first roller coaster with complete SpongeBob theming.
One will first see SpongeBob and Patrick on a roller coaster car with a sign that says SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge. There are poles to form lines. Then there is a bus stop sign by the operators area. After the ride there is a picture booth for people to buy a picture of them on the ride.
The ride starts off with the 90-degree lift up 67 feet. Then, the ride drops 97 degrees, following a loop. After the loop a camera takes a picture. The ride then proceeds into a horseshoe that goes into the inline twist. After a turn into the mid-course block brakes, the ride then goes down another drop, followed by another turn into a helix before reaching the block brakes at the end.
- The ride is approximately 1500 feet long.
- The ride is based on the episode "Rock Bottom."
- The ride opened 8 years after the episode it's based on aired and its sister "Arrgh!"
- It is currently the shortest of all of the Euro-Fighters.
- The ride used to be the steepest roller-coaster in the world at the time of its opening.