- Painty the Pirate
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Pat-Bot 3000 (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Rock Bottomites
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Other Bikini Bottomites
The film begins with Painty the Pirate about to sing the television series theme as usual, but he instead pops out of the painting and throws the riders into Bikini Bottom. The audience ends up in the The Krusty Krab, where SpongeBob welcomes them and shows them how to make a Krabby Patty by pointing at the ingredients with his spatula. When preparing the Krabby Patty, SpongeBob accidentally loses a pickle. The pickle then bounces out of the restaurant into Patrick Star's hand on a pogo stick. Patrick steals the pickle. SpongeBob, while confused at Patrick's apparent betrayal, ultimately sets out to rescue the pickle, bringing the riders along with him on his bubble-bike. SpongeBob first rides out into town, wreaking havoc in the process, and eventually rides through Jellyfish Fields, where he is stung by a horde of Jellyfish. Suddenly, SpongeBob ends up falling into Rock Bottom, where a fish pops the bubble bike by biting it. The force of the pop hurdles SpongeBob into the air, landing in the Chum Bucket. It is revealed that the real Patrick had been kidnapped by Plankton, and the pickle thief was a high tech robotic version of Patrick. The robot then pursues SpongeBob, only to be unplugged by Patrick (looking for an electrical outlet for his toaster). Plankton is then crushed by his robot and SpongeBob recovers the pickle. Sandals enters the Chum Bucket to eat his patty; however, it turns out that Sandals is allergic to pickles. He swells up and then explodes. His head, eyes, and mouth land on his shoes and he runs out saying "I'm allergic to pickles." SpongeBob then laughs, saying "Well, that was pickle-culiar!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song - Derek Drymon, Stephen Hillenburg, Mark Harrison, Blaise Smith [Opening.]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob listing Krabby Patty ingredients.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Last pickle.]
‣ ? ["In the history of the Krusty Krab we have never served an incomplete patty."]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob riding through town.]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob falls to Rock Bottom. / SpongeBob falls into the Chum Bucket.]
‣ ? ["It's me!"]
‣ Tough Action (c) - Dick de Benedictis ["Plankton!"]
‣ ? [Plankton demands SpongeBob hand over the patty.]
‣ Predators (a) - Dick de Benedictis [Pat-Bot 3000's weapons.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob running from Pat-Bot 3000.]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, sorry. Can I use this outlet?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Complete!"]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandals eats patty.]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandals explodes.]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This ride is a 3D motion simulator ride. Riders sit in a 3-D theater with chairs that rock and tilt along with the 3D movie. Various effects are also used such as scents, water, wind, air blasts, leg ticklers, vibrations, strobe lighting, and smoke.
- Some versions of the ride have stationary seats and are just considered 3D rather than 4D, especially the versions formerly located at Cedar Fair parks that were originally owned by Paramount Pictures.
- This ride stopped playing at the Nickelodeon Suites Resorts because of "SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: The Great Jelly Rescue!."
- There were multiple versions of this attraction at several Cedar Fair theme parks, including Kings Island, Kings Dominion, California's Great America, and Canada's Wonderland. (All of these parks were owned by Paramount Pictures at the time of the ride's opening until Cedar Fair Entertainment Company purchased them in 2006).
- It appeared in Flamingo Land in the UK.
- The ride somewhat foreshadows the ending. When SpongeBob blows up his bubble bike, Sandals is shown shaking his head horizontally, but is pushed away by the the bike. It's a hint to him knowing this is a bad idea.
- Not all give a 4D experience.
- The movie was also shown in other languages:
- In Germany, it aired on Movie Park Germany, where there are also other exclusive SpongeBob rides. It was replaced in 2008, with Shrek 4D.
- In Italy, it was shown on Gardaland.
- It also appeared in Walibi Belgium
- Like many episodes, the Chum Bucket is not across the street from the Krusty Krab.
- When the camera crashes into the Krusty Krab, it ends up into the back of the kitchen, when it should have crashed into the dining room or the front of the kitchen because it was crashing through the front of the Krusty Krab, not the back.
- The Galley Grub reads, "Krabby Pattie" instead of "Krabby Patty." It also reads, "Krabby Conco" instead of "Krabby Combo."
- When SpongeBob leaves the Krusty Krab on the bubble bike, downtown is to the right of the Krusty Krab. However, in the beginning of the ride, Down town Bikini Bottom is down an intersection, which to the left of the Krusty Krab.
- Right before the camera crashes into the Krusty Krab, the order of the 122 Conch Street houses is wrong. Squidward's house is on the left, SpongeBob's house is on the middle, and Patrick's house is on the right, when usually, Patrick's house is on the left, Squidward's house is on the middle, and SpongeBob's house is on the right.
- Sandals looks nothing like his series counterpart.