SpongeBob SquarePants (Filipino series) is the Filipino, Tagalog-dubbed version of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Filipino dub
SpongeBob SquarePants aired on RPN (now known as CNN Philippines) in 2003-2004 (that year mostly air cartoons). After RPN lost its rights of airing Nickelodeon shows, ABC (later TV5) launched Nick on ABC/TV5 in 2006. SpongeBob SquarePants episodes were later dubbed for the first time into Filipino on August 11, 2008, three days after ABC was relaunched into TV5, making them the first Nick broadcaster on free TV to do so. The network ended its contract with Nickelodeon on June 30, 2010. SpongeBob SquarePants was also aired on Q Channel 11 (now known as GMA News TV) weekday mornings until February 18, 2011. ABS-CBN launched Nick Time (later Nickelodeon on ABS-CBN) on July 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM under their Team Animazing timeblock. SpongeBob SquarePants among others shown during Nick Time, thus continuing the Filipino dub that was started by TV5. However, ABS-CBN's airing of SpongeBob SquarePants was criticized for having majority of episodes edited due to lack of time. SpongeBob SquarePants ended on October 8, 2011 and replaced by Go, Diego, Go!, The Penguins of Madagascar and El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera on October 15, 2011. After a week, SpongeBob SquarePants went back to air. Studio 23 (now known as ABS-CBN Sports+Action), ABS-CBN's UHF affiliate, launched Nickelodeon on Studio 23 on October 4, 2010. Like its mother station ABS-CBN, programs are dubbed in Filipino/Tagalog. The Nickelodeon on Studio 23 block temporarily ended last October 2011 and returned last January 2012. After 4 years, Nickelodeon on Studio 23 ended airing its block on January 16, 2014 to pave way for the airing of ABS-CBN Sports+Action. Nickelodeon on ABS-CBN Sports+Action was launched last January 20, 2014 and all of its shows are reverted back to its original English language rather than Filipino-dubbed. For some time, the Filipino/Tagalog dub extended airing on TV5. However, this has ended in late-2014. The Filipino/Tagalog dub now airs weekdays in the morning on ABS-CBN. Since the launch of ABS-CBN's new soft-run channels, the show now airs on its new kids' channel, Yey! with the Filipino dub, airing in order (by season). Thus replacing the now defunct airing on ABS-CBN Sports+Action. The show still airs on ABS-CBN every Sunday morning at 8:30am, airing one episode from a random season.
SpongeBob SquarePants on Nickelodeon Philippines
SpongeBob SquarePants has always been in English on Nickelodeon Philippines since majority of Filipinos understand English, not needing a dub. All shows on Nickelodeon Philippines are in English. The only difference is that some parts of SpongeBob SquarePants which were found not suitable were not included and removed in the Nickelodeon Philippines version.
The English names are used in this dub. Please see List of characters for all of the characters.
These episodes are the known ones to have been dubbed in Tagalog. This list is incomplete.
- Local A - ABS-CBN, ABS-CBN Sports+Action, and Yey!
- Local B - TV5/ABC5, RPN, and Q Channel
- "Procrastination" - The scene in where SpongeBob looks out the window, all his friends are there, and Patrick rubbing Sandy with Sun Lotion then says, "Come on, SpongeBob!" and SpongeBob exercising were remained. (only on Nickelodeon Philippines airings)
- "Your Shoe's Untied" - The scene where SpongeBob is watching a sea anemone "dancing" was removed due to unknown concerns. (only on Nickelodeon Philippines airings, possibly in upcoming ABS-CBN airings)
These shorts are the known ones to have been dubbed in Tagalog. This list is incomplete.
Numerous SpongeBob-themed/sponsored events have been held in the Philippines.
- A SpongeBob Christmas at Robinsons (2012)
- SpongeBob Summer at SM North EDSA (2013)
- Robinsons Movieworld: Meet and Greet SpongeBob (2015)
- The SpongeBob BFF – Best Friends Festival! (2015)
- Bikini Bottom Buddy Roundup (2015)
- RetroBob SquarePants (2015, Nickelodeon)
- Bagong Labas, BagongBob! (2015, Yey!)
- Siyam SpongeBob Saturdays (2015, ABS-CBN)
- None of the episodes' titles nor the characters' names are translated.
- Unlike other SpongeBob SquarePants international dubs, this version does not change the title of the series.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|