Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|SpongeBob Goes to the Doctor|
|Publish Date:|| September 27, 2005 (Original)|
May 9, 2011 (Reprint)
|List of books|
SpongeBob wakes up in the morning, only to find out he has the suds. He tries to cover up the fact that he is ill so that he does not have to miss a day off work.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is sneezing on the food. Mr. Krabs finds out that he is sick, so he orders SpongeBob to go home and get some rest. At SpongeBob's home, SpongeBob's suds have gotten worse, so he calls Sandy to take him to the doctor.
While SpongeBob is waiting for Sandy, Patrick comes by. SpongeBob tells him that he has the suds, and that he is going to the doctor. Patrick tells him all the bad things about going to the doctor. SpongeBob is scared of the doctor now and begs Patrick to look after him instead. Patrick agrees. Patrick is seen trying to cure SpongeBob by putting corks in his holes, making SpongeBob get bigger and fatter every time he sneezed. SpongeBob thinks he is better, so he goes to call Sandy and tell her not to come. However, his fingers are too big for the buttons, so he asks Patrick to call her. Patrick does this. Sandy is seen in her treedome working out and Patrick tells her everything. Sandy then says she'll go and have a look at SpongeBob. Patrick goes into a panic and tells SpongeBob that Sandy will take him to the doctor. After some time, Sandy comes and finds out that SpongeBob is not cured and she and Patrick have a war over SpongeBob. SpongeBob (thanks to Sandy and Patrick) goes flying into the air and lands near the Krusty Krab. He gives a big sneeze and the building blows up. SpongeBob is back to his normal size and Sandy takes him to a real doctor. The doctor gives SpongeBob some medicine and SpongeBob is better in no time.
SpongeBob is sitting in bed with a thermometer in his mouth, he has a red nose with blushing cheeks, he is holding a dark green blanket, and there's lots of tissues on his bed.
- In the ending of the book, the doctor gave SpongeBob medicine, while in the episode, he got the sponge treatment. Also, Patrick is forced to read old magazines, while in the episode, he got a starfish treatment.
- In the beginning of the book, SpongeBob wakes up out of bed, sick, while in the episode, he wakes up freezing in the kitchen, sick.
- SpongeBob is seen with a bunch of tissues of cover, despite him not using any tissues when he actually got the suds.
- This book was released one year after Nicktoons The Show Must Go On! was released in the UK.
- This book is based off the episode "Suds."