This article is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by contributing to it.
This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
SpongeBob is the Italian dub of SpongeBob SquarePants that started airing in 2004 on Italia 1. The Italian version of the intro has some different animations that are also seen in the Korean, French, Castilian Spanish, and Welsh versions of the opening. It currently airs on Nickelodeon and Super! It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.
Most of the Italian names are not translated, but sometimes they are written in the same way that they are pronounced in Italian.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - SpongeBob
- Patrick Star - Patrick Stella (Patric)
- Squidward Tentacles - Squiddi Tentacolo
- Eugene H. Krabs - Eugene Kreb, Mr. Kreb
- Pearl Krabs - Perla Kreb
- Sandy Cheeks - Sandy Cheeks (Does not change)
- Plankton - Plankton (Plancton)
- Gary the Snail - Gary (Gheri)
- Mermaid Man - Waterman
- Barnacle Boy - Supervista (literally Super View/Vision)
- Flying Dutchman - Olandese Volante
- Man Ray - Man Ray, sometimes Uomo Raggio
- Dirty Bubble - Sporca Bolla, sometimes Dirty Bubble or Bolla Sporca
- Larry the Lobster - Larry l'aragosta
- Squilliam Fancyson - Squilliam, or Squilli
- DoodleBob - Scarabocchio
- Jellyfish - Medusa
- Krusty Krab - Krusty Krab (Krasti Krab)
- In a 2013 Simpsons episode, they featured a video called "Spugna Roberto Quadrati Pantaloni" which translates as "Sponge Roberto SquarePants."
- Unlike lots of other foreign dubs, this one does not have a name in a foreign language. It also does not dub the theme song (except for Painty and the kids at the beginning) and instead uses an instrumental version without any vocals. (Some DVD releases use the English theme.)