This article has speculative information. Please keep this in mind as you read it.
Their opinion on each other
When SpongeBob first met Sandy in Tea at the Treedome, he wanted to be with her all day despite that he didn't know the meaning of air. Their relationship seemed to be close. SpongeBob may seem to have a crush on Sandy and vice versa, noted by hints in a few episodes.
Most Favorite Activities
- Karate - SpongeBob and Sandy do karate often. Their first karate moment is Karate Choppers. In some episodes, SpongeBob tries to sneak up on Sandy to win, but SpongeBob's plan backfired. As the series progressed, they did less karate, and do science instead.
- Science - Sandy uses SpongeBob as a test monkey for her inventions, in Perfect Chemistry, Sandy didn't call SpongeBob "lab partner" until the end.
- Hanging out at Goo Lagoon - In Season 1, they hang out at Goo Lagoon such as in Ripped Pants and MuscleBob BuffPants. Every time in these episodes, SpongeBob tries to impress Sandy on such occasions.
Hints of attraction
- After SpongeBob rescued Sandy from a giant clam, Sandy stated that she liked him.
- SpongeBob wanted to visit to her house; despite he didn't know about air.
- He was surprised about Sandy's home because there was no water. But despite that he was slowly drying out, he stayed at Sandy's home so he would not hurt her feelings.
- Sandy was terrified that SpongeBob (and Patrick) dried out, so she relieved them with glass domes filled with water.
- He wanted to impress Sandy by making things out of sand.
- When Sandy goes to lift some weights, SpongeBob was upset.
- SpongeBob was also jealous of Larry because he kept getting Sandy's attention.
- SpongeBob felt embarrassed when he ripped his pants, but when this instantly made him a comedic star, he thought he could rip his pants to get good laughs and impress Sandy. This worked until SpongeBob pretended to drown, making Sandy (and the rest of the beach) angry because they thought he had died.
- Everyone including Sandy deserted him, but SpongeBob sang a song to make up for his mistake. His song had romantic lyrics referring to Sandy. They shared a big hug.
- SpongeBob wanted to be in Sandy's rocket on her moon trip. It's possible he wanted to be with her, or he wanted to see the moon.
- SpongeBob wanted to impress Sandy by catching aliens by saying: "But won't she feel silly when I catch her a real live alien? Aw, she'll love me!"
- At the party, SpongeBob tries to scare his friends at the Krusty Krab. Instead he ends up becoming a laughing stock. The Flying Dutchman then comes to steal SpongeBob's soul. Sandy screams "SpongeBob" and seems the most worried about him. This may have a hint that Sandy has a crush on SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob was surprised about Sandy's muscles, and Sandy wanted to train him. When the training failed, SpongeBob bought Anchor Arms to make himself look muscular, wanting to impress Sandy and everyone else.
- SpongeBob and Sandy had several "friendly" matches of karate.
- In the Krusty Krab SpongeBob imagines a fish as Sandy (sneaking up to fight him) and winks at him, he looked flustered.
- Sandy manages to convince Mr. Krabs to re-hire SpongeBob by taking the blame.
- SpongeBob and Sandy may have had a "date" by having a picnic in the park.
- Sandy cared for SpongeBob and took him to the hospital.
- She winked at him for getting rid of the suds.
- Instead of calling Patrick to take him to the doctor he called Sandy.
- Sandy helped SpongeBob get to the hospital (fighting with Patrick during the process).
- SpongeBob and Sandy exchanged valentine gifts.
- They are the only ones who were involved with a plan (giving Patrick a great Valentine's Day surprise).
- When Sandy gave SpongeBob her valentine's gift for him, she said: I'm nuts for you! In real life, this phrase means that you're in love with someone.
- SpongeBob was concerned the most when Sandy wanted to go back to Texas.
- Sandy blushed (in anger) when SpongeBob jokingly referred to Texas.
- Sandy didn't hurt SpongeBob only Patrick.
- They did a lot of the extreme pre-hibernation stunts together (much to SpongeBob's dismay).
- Sandy was so worried about SpongeBob's disappearance that she put everyone in town into a search party and destroyed several buildings to look for him. He was found under Patrick's rock.
- Sandy gives a big smile,her eyes shine, and gives him a hug.
- SpongeBob "rescues" Sandy from a "fire" (really Christmas tree lights).
- Sandy taught SpongeBob about the meaning of Christmas.
- Sandy was upset that SpongeBob made fun of her species.
- SpongeBob was invited in Sandy's Treedome. (According to Sandy's plan).
- He promised her he'd stop making squirrel jokes.
- They hugged twice backstage.
- He started telling jokes about Mr.Krabs and Patrick
- They challenged each other to races and dare.
- In the end, they apologize to each other about their rivalry.
- SpongeBob became very protective of Sandy in this episode. He is the only one who was concerned about Sandy and made several attempts to make her retreat.
- SpongeBob sees Sandy and Larry dancing, meaning he might have been jealous.
- Sandy was shocked that SpongeBob was injured.
- Sandy was also the most focused to make SpongeBob go outside.
- SpongeBob enjoys Sandy's joke at the beginning, while having a friendly game of karate.
- Sandy shows off the strength to SpongeBob and gets into the Salty Spittoon, and then SpongeBob tries many times, despite being injured many times, to get in to the Salty Spittoon, too, by trying to show off his strength to Sandy.
- When SpongeBob injures himself, Sandy calls an ambulance, despite SpongeBob only having minor injuries.
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy's house for advice.
- He was upset that Sandy was with Patrick, leaving her dome crying.
- SpongeBob was interested about Sandy's new invention.
- Sandy uses her invention on SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob was the most concerned that Sandy had to leave forever.
- He along with Patrick was touched by Sandy's song.
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy first when Squidward gets hurt, and then guards her submarine for her.
- Sandy trusts SpongeBob (and Patrick) to save Squidward.
- SpongeBob wanted Sandy to come so she will be impressed.
- SpongeBob acts like a jerk to her when he became "King of Karate", but despite the fact that Sandy was annoyed by SpongeBob's bragging she went to rescue him.
- SpongeBob tried to impress Sandy with his wig, starting her to laugh.
- In the morning, when Sandy visits and SpongeBob wanted to tell Sandy what he looked on his new wig, causing SpongeBob to blush.
- Sandy was the only one who didn't made fun of SpongeBob, and when SpongeBob flew his wig, Sandy politely accompanies him.
- SpongeBob has a fit when Sandy is away, and then decides to throw a welcome back party for her.
- Sandy has a crying fit after finding out that SpongeBob was missing, and then creates a device to find him.
- After finding him, she is so happy that she hugs him.
- SpongeBob and Sandy were apparently getting married. However, it turned out to be a play, though the priest didn't know it was a play.
- In a deleted scene SpongeBob says " It doesn't have to be (a play)" hinting that he does like Sandy, but she slaps him in return. This is the episode that most likely hints at a possible relationship between SpongeBob and Sandy.
- SpongeBob agreed to help Sandy, and when Mr. Krabs needed help, he tried to tell him he needed to help Sandy.
- SpongeBob wanted to "save" Sandy from a rodeo in Texas because of the clowns. He got himself and everyone in Bikini Bottom to float inside a bubble to Texas.
- Sandy then saved SpongeBob from a bullfrog she was fighting against.
- SpongeBob wanted Sandy to call him "lab partner", but ends up annoying Sandy, making SpongeBob upset.
- While arriving at the Chum Bucket, Sandy called Plankton lab partner, making SpongeBob jealous and upset, leaving the Chum Bucket. But Sandy companies him telling that he can be the test monkey.
- In the end, Sandy finally called SpongeBob lab partner when she foiled Plankton's plan, making SpongeBob overjoyed.
- When SpongeBob was giving Sandy a krabby patty, he had a glaze in his eyes and said it was for "a special friend".
- Even though SpongeBob couldn't reveal the formula, he was willing to show her the 'ins and outs' of making a krabby patty.
- SpongeBob acts impressionistic towards the Sandy Robot when he told it the temperture for grilling.
- While going through the list of responsibilities, Sandy comments on how well SpongeBob is paying attention then SpongeBob returns the compliment causing Sandy to blush while thanking him.
- SpongeBob makes up a holiday called "Surprise Sandy Day."
- SpongeBob leaves Sandy a letter that reads:
- To: Sandy
- The smartest, prettiest squirrel in Bikini Bottom.
- Signed: A Friend
- To: Sandy
The SpongeBob SquarePants Survival Guide
The SpongeBob SquarePants Survival Guide by David Lewman had proof that SpongeBob was in love with Sandy as in the book it said:
- The most important thing about a secret crush is that it stay secret. Super secret! Super DOUBLE secret! Super TRIPLE secret!
- You can't tell anyone! Not even your best friend!
- And especially not the person you have the secret crush on.
- You have to act natural around your crushee. Don't giggle. Don't go weak in the knees. Don't blush. And don't fog up your bubble helmet. (Wait a minute - forget I said that last part.)
- Take me for example. I act perfectly natural when I go over to the treedome and...
- I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!
SpongeBob wants to make a valentine for Sandy.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Fool's Gold
It says in the book:
- SpongeBob has a crush on the thrill-seeking, air suit wearing Sandy Cheeks.
- Also Squidward Tentacles says to Sandy "Here to defend your little boyfriend?"
One of the things SpongeBob can say during a game over is "Tell...Sandy...I love her."
Can be heard here
- On a game show My Dad is Smarter than Your Dad the contestants were asked: "What is the first name of SpongeBob SquarePants' squirrel girlfriend?"