"SpongeBob's Place" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season ten. In this episode, SpongeBob cooks at home, prompting Mr. Krabs' customers to leave his restaurant and head for SpongeBob's place.
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are all enjoying their Krabby Patties. One customer states he could die and go to heaven and kisses SpongeBob's feet, to SpongeBob's discomfort. Mr. Krabs tells Squidward that the customers love their Krabby Patties, to which Squidward tells him that some people are calling it the "SpongeBob Patty." Mr. Krabs calls that ridiculous, as it has always been the Krabby Patty, only for a customer to come up and order a "SpongeBob Patty." Squidward smugly tells Mr. Krabs that he should change the restaurant's name from the Krusty Krab to SpongeBob's Place.
One of the customers hears him and states that that is a great idea. The other customers agree and they chant "SpongeBob's Place!" Mr. Krabs tries to get them to chant "Krusty Krab" but they ignore him. SpongeBob tries to give the chant some juice but this only makes the customers resume the chant of "SpongeBob's Place!" Squidward tells Mr. Krabs he'd be nothing without SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs asserts that it is not true, as he's the one who created the Krabby Patty, only for the customers to carry SpongeBob by on a throne, singing "Let's all go to SpongeBob's Place." This makes Mr. Krabs jealous of SpongeBob's success.
Later, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the Krusty Krab is haunted and needs ghost busting. SpongeBob agrees to stay away until the ghost busting is done. Squidward easily sees through Mr. Krabs' lie and quickly deduces the real reason for sending SpongeBob home, which Mr. Krabs confirms by announcing he's going to be doing the cooking from now on.
Meanwhile at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob quickly gets bored and decides to make Krabby Patties at home. People smell the patties and, after eating them, insist that he make more. Meanwhile at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is having no such luck. The customers keep sending back their Krabby Patties. Squidward tells him it's because they aren't as good as they used to be to, which Mr. Krabs retorts that it's the same formula. One of the customers look inside the kitchen and afterwards announces to the other customers that SpongeBob's not in the kitchen. This announcement makes the other customers angry to the point where they decide to leave. To keep them from leaving, Mr. Krabs dresses up like SpongeBob and the customers actually fall for the paper-thin disguise.
Unfortunately, his food is still poorly made to the point where it tastes disgusting. However, the customers say they like it for SpongeBob's sake. Not realizing that they're not being sincere, Mr. Krabs reveals himself and states that it's his food that they're "enjoying." This angers the customers to the point where they drop the act and flat out tell him they found his food disgusting and once again try to leave.
Mr. Krabs tries to stop them by making a moat and filling it with molten lava, stating that anyone trying to leave will have to go through him. The customers use him as a drawbridge and leave. Squidward follows suit and Mr. Krabs gets burned by the lava.
When Squidward gets home, he finds a crowd eating Krabby Patties at SpongeBob's house, which has a sign that reads "SpongeBob's Place" on it. This angers Squidward, so he decides to call the health inspector. Meanwhile in an ambulance, Mr. Krabs is having his burns tended to by paramedics. He gets out and looks around when he sees SpongeBob's home, which has been converted into a full-fledged restaurant called "SpongeBob's Place." This has made SpongeBob so rich he doesn't know what to do with all the money.
He gives Mr. Krabs a Krabby Patty and the taste makes Mr. Krabs realize why everyone prefers SpongeBob's Krabby Patties over his, despite the fact they use the same formula: SpongeBob's food is delicious because he prepares his Krabby Patties with tender-loving care and is in most ways an excellent cook while Mr. Krabs is in most ways a horrible cook and prepares his food with selfishness-induced carelessness to the point where his Krabby Patties were poorly prepared and disgusting. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he deserves his own place, but SpongeBob tells him he needs a boss and Mr. Krabs happily obliges. Mr. Krabs takes 99% of the business and money while SpongeBob agrees to have 1%.
The next morning, Squidward walks into the empty, destructed Krusty Krab and starts to sing in happiness because no one will be there to bother him. However, the health inspectors shut SpongeBob's Place down for violations, so they go back to the Krusty Krab. Just as everyone arrives, they hear someone singing inside. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob peek inside and see Squidward dancing and singing about how much he hates his job, Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and the Bikini Bottomites. Mr. Krabs is outraged at Squidward's insults and gets very angry at him while the customers laugh. Squidward is punished off screen for what he has done.
Afterwards, Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a very special surprise: he decides to share the name with his restaurant by adding "SpongeBob's Place" on the Krusty Krab sign, much to SpongeBob's delight.
The episode name was confirmed in a tweet by Vincent Waller on October 24, 2016.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 28 - Opening.
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs gasp.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["...and go to heaven!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customer kisses SpongeBob's shoes.]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["That's ridiculous; It's always been the Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Let's all go to SpongeBob's place..."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Krabs pushes SpongeBob.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["All right Mr. Krabs. If you think the Krusty Krab is haunted and needs ghost-busting I'll stay away for a while."]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob at home.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, I know!"]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob decides to play Krusty Krab at home.]
‣ Charivari Clowns (a) - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob cooking patties at home.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's house is empty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sets the patties in a window.]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - People smell the patties.
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["How's about making some more of those delicious patties?"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 13 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Burned patties.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Customers spits out their Krabby Patties.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers start to leave the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "I think I hear SpongeBob's hideous laughter coming from the kitchen!"
‣ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - Steve Belfer [Krabs pretending to be SpongeBob.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VI) - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Customers eating disgustingly Krabby Patties.
‣ Unknown Track 33 - Krabs reveals to be himself.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone gags.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs puts molten lava around the Krusty Krab to keep customers from leaving.]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Customers use Krabs as a bridge.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob's Place?"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony [Squidward tries to get in his house.]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Squidward calls the health department.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs in an ambulance.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 21 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs discovers SpongeBob's Place.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You deserve your own place."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hmm.... Well, I suppose I could do some bossing."]
• I Hate People - Kaz Prapuolenis, Rodger Bumpass, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sings this.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Back at SpongeBob's Place.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Health inspector shuts down SpongeBob's Place.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're not the boss of me."]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I know of an empty restaurant that's got all its papers in order. We can move in right away."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gulps.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone laughs at Squidward.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 30 - Ending.
- As of September 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.7/10 based on 63 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.1/10 based on 5 votes.
- Technically, Squidward was responsible for SpongeBob’s Place being shut down as he was the one who called the Health Department to complain, which led to the restaurant being shut down.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2017 Kids' Choice Awards.
- When SpongeBob is bored, some objects from older episodes are visible in the background:
- One of the customers at SpongeBob's Place is an octopus who looks like Squidward, except with a beak like real octopi have.
- This episode premiered on Johnny Knoxville's 46th birthday, 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Austria, four years after "The Good Krabby Name," "Move It or Lose It," "Patrick-Man!," and "Gary's New Toy" premiered in Canada, three years after "To Love a Patty" and "Breath of Fresh Squidward" premiered in Poland, and two years after SpongeBob Comics #42 was released.
- This episode premiered in Canada 12 years after "Skill Crane" and "Good Neighbors" premiered and three years after Doodle Jump SpongeBob SquarePants was updated for the first time and "Missing Identity" and "Plankton's Army" premiered in Poland.
- This and "Plankton Gets the Boot" are the first episodes to use one of the new Nickelodeon Productions 2017 idents at their ending credits. However, it has been used in on-screen credits only in the original American airing. The full official credits still use the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
- This is the third episode in which SpongeBob starts his own restaurant. The first is "Patty Hype" and the second is "Free Samples."
- The song "I Hate People" is later used in an instrumental version in "Scavenger Pants."
- This episode reveals that Health Inspector Yellowtail's first name is "Andy."
- When lava bubbles float across the screen, this is a variation of the bubble transitions.
- This is the second episode where the Krusty Krab moves to SpongeBob's house, the first being "Banned in Bikini Bottom."
- Squidward mentions his abs during his song "I Hate People." This may be a reference to the rock hard abs he received in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, which he kept towards the end of the movie.
- One of the customers eats a Krabby Patty that resembles the Nasty Patty.
- This is the eighth episode where a sign is used as its title card.
- The French title of the episode is "Chez Bob l'éponge," which translates to "At SpongeBob SquarePants"
- Since the French dub actually translates the cards into French, the dubbers had to flip the title card upside-down so the words can fit in the glow effect.
- The fish who orders the Monster Krabby Patty from "All That Glitters" reappears in this episode.
- In one scene, when a fish eats a shoe sandwich, this may allude to when he says his sandwich tastes like a fried boot from "Hooky."
- This episode is one few to showcase Mr. Krabs' terrible cooking.
- When SpongeBob believes and remarks the Krusty Krab may need "ghost busting," it's a reference to the Ghostbusters franchise.
- "Let's all go to SpongeBob's Place" shares a similar tune to the nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
- When SpongeBob is bored, a beach ball that resembles the Google Chrome logo is seen, except it has an extra color of orange.
- The episode's title is a possible reference to the 90s soap opera Melrose Place.
- The purple fish with the green cap and the tank top with flowers and the blue anchovy with the tan shirt are male, however, they have female voices in this episode.
- When Squidward enters the Krusty Krab, the hole on the roof made by Mr. Krabs is gone. Also, when SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and the customers come to the Krusty Krab, the lava around the restaurant is gone.
- When SpongeBob puts the Krusty Krab employee hat on Gary, goes into the kitchen, and then comes back into the living room, Gary's hat disappears.