- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Genie the Wish Granter (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Thaddeus (cameo)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Human football players
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Noggin (debut)
- Genie (debut)
- Genie's mother (mentioned)
Plankton is dressed up as a genie and has a new Genie Bottle that he is going to break and to make Mr. Krabs think is a real genie bottle so Mr. Krabs can take Plankton out and put him in another bottle (the Krabby Patty secret formula) as Mr. Krabs will think he's a genie as a trick to get the secret formula. Plankton puts the bottle in front of Mr. Krabs' house so Mr. Krabs can take it to the Krusty Krab. Mr Krabs kicks the bottle as he reaches out for a newspaper and a cup of coffee. The bottle rolls all the way over to the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob is on time to work and Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to throw the bottle out in the trash can. As soon as SpongeBob is about to put it in the trash can, SpongeBob looks at it and is fascinated by it. He later tells Mr. Krabs that he is going for his lunch break. SpongeBob then walks to his house while playing with the bottle, which tortures Plankton. Gary is seen watching football on TV, and SpongeBob shows Gary the bottle as he plays with it for a few seconds. As SpongeBob finds out the bottle is magic, he rubs the side of the bottle for a genie to come out, eventually, Plankton comes out of it, pretending to be a genie and attempts to trick SpongeBob to take him to the Krusty Krab, while SpongeBob doesn't realize it is actually Plankton. SpongeBob asks Plankton to make a wish for three of his friends, including Squidward, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs all in order. He knocks on Squidward's door and Squidward wishes for a golden clarinet. Plankton then quickly disappears and is found painting Squidward's original clarinet golden when he wasn't looking. Plankton later disappears and Squidward walks up to the clarinet is surprised about it that it's gold, not realizing that it actually was just painted a few seconds prior he noticed. He blows the clarinet and tests it out and is in amusement while Plankton was hiding in the clarinet. The golden paint on the clarinet didn't dry out yet, therefore the paint is still on Squidward's lips but he doesn't notice. Later SpongeBob takes Plankton and the bottle to Patrick as Patrick wishes for a friend to talk to while SpongeBob is at work. Plankton then agrees to make Patrick's wish come true, and tells both SpongeBob and Patrick to close their eyes. Plankton uses a black marker to roughly draw on Patrick's hand a face similar to him. Patrick is happy with his new friend and he named him "Noggin." Patrick tells Noggin to say hello to SpongeBob, but Patrick, not knowing it is just a drawing on his hand, gets angry at Noggin as he tells Noggin two more times to say hello to SpongeBob but nothing happens. Patrick lets SpongeBob and Plankton go as he tries to "teach Noggin a lesson" as they both go into Patrick's rock and get in a fight inside the rock, as noise is heard from the outside. Later SpongeBob takes Plankton and the bottle to the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob saved Mr. Krabs wish for last. Mr Krabs, not believing it at first ignored it. He later wished to have one thousand dollars, not knowing that it would work. Plankton then goes to the bank and asks the bank to withdraw all his money from his bank account. He later brings a stack of money to the Krusty Krab which is likely one thousand dollars. Mr. Krabs thinks it's real and tries to get possess the bottle. All three of Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs fight over the bottle as they believe it is real and all try to possess it so they could get three more wishes. SpongeBob comes up with the idea of spinning the bottle and whoever it lands on, it is theirs. It at first lands on Squidward, but Plankton inside rolled it to the left side to Mr. Krabs. As Plankton gets dizzy, he can't take it anymore as he admits the genie was him all along and can't keep up the charade anymore. The real Genie appears and finds his bottle. He is angry at Plankton that his bottle got damaged while under his care, but Plankton cared less. Squidward and Patrick come in and tried to claim the bottle is theirs. The Genie is outraged at their greed and sees that they have desecrated the great spirit of the bottle. And as punishment, he shrinks Squidward, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton and traps them in another bottle with his magical powers. The Genie disappears with his bottle just as SpongeBob throws away the bottle containing his friends, thinking it was spoiled ketchup.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Oriental Juggler - Victor Cavini [Title card.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Karen sees a bottle.]
‣ ? [Plankton emerges from the bottle disguised as a genie.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I wish you back in the bottle."]
‣ Arabian Bazaar - Gregor Narholz [Plankton explains Karen his new plan to steal the Krabby Patty formula.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen stuffs Plankton into the bottle.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs opens the door of his house.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicks the bottle away.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["And a good morning to you, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ ? ["Whoa, it's so pretty!"]
‣ Marching Comedians (a) - Otto Sieben, Peter Balding [SpongeBob takes the bottle to his house.]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob discovers that the bottle has a genie inside.]
‣ ? ["Alakazam! I am the genie of the bottle!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, yeah!"]
‣ Oriental - Aubrey Johnson [SpongeBob tells the genie to grant three wishes to his friends.]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Squidward asks a wish to the genie.]
‣ ? ["Your wish is my command.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks VIII - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton paints Squidward's clarinet gold.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Nicolas Carr ["I'll be an ocean monkey's uncle!"]
‣ More Oboe [#48] - Michael Hoppe, Chrisopher Bleth [Squidward playing clarinet.]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - "Oh, magic is real!"
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton comes back outside.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Nicolas Carr [Plankton suggests Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks V - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, for cod's sake."]
‣ Holiday Playtime - Cedric Palmer [Patrick asks a wish to the genie.]
‣ Harem Harry - Bernard Ebbinghouse ["All right, your crummy wish is my command!"]
‣ Goblin Ballet - Ernest Tomlinson [Face drawn on Patrick's hand.]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [SpongeBob gives his last wish to Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts to cry, and Krabs asks a wish.]
‣ ? ["Your wish is my command!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton takes all his money from the bank.]
‣ Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs, Squidward and Patrick want the bottle to ask wishes to the genie.]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz ["You hand me that bottle!"]
‣ Christmas Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob says they shouldn't be fighting.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks I - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're gonna play a little game called spin the bottle."]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [SpongeBob, Patrick, Krabs and Squidward playing spin the bottle.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs shaking the bottle.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton oozes out of the bottle.]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton gives up on his plan.]
‣ Islam - Laurie Johnson [A real genie appears.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Who's this clod with my bottle?"]
‣ Middle East Mosaic - Gilbert Vinter [Genie stuffs Patrick, Squidward, Krabs and Plankton in a ketchup bottle.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Genie kisses his bottle and takes it.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["It's so heartwarming to live in a world with real magic."]
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
According to the rough storyboard version there was originally supposed to be a scene where SpongeBob found the bottle thinking that it was water and almost swallowed Plankton. It was likely cut to save time.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of December 8, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.6/10 based on 140 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.8/10 based on 3 votes.
- Along with "Sportz?," this episode premiered before the 2017 Kids' Choice Sports Awards.
- Along with "Sportz?," this episode premiered on Will Ferrell's 50th birthday, nine years after the premiere of "MuscleBob BuffPants," "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "The Chaperone," and "Employee of the Month" in Poland, and two years after the premiere of "Lost in Bikini Bottom" and "Tutor Sauce."
- This is the second episode to premiere before Kids Choice Sports. The first being "Lost in Bikini Bottom."
- The original U.S. airing doesn't have the intro; instead it has live coverage of the Orange Carpet to the 2017 Kids Choice Sports.
- There are 46 genie bottles on the title card.
- The sports channel from "Your Shoe's Untied" and "The Sponge Who Could Fly" reappears in this episode on SpongeBob's T.V.
- The headline of the newspaper that Mr. Krabs is reading that reads, "SCHOOL DROP OUT RATE SOARS" is a reference to "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy."
- This episode reveals that Thaddeus lives on Anchor Way.
- The bottles in the title card appear to be pixelated.
- Squidward displays a rare example of care towards Patrick in this episode, showing genuine interest in what happened to him.
- When this episode first aired, some TV Guides listed this episode with "There's a Sponge in My Soup," even though that episode had not yet been released.
- In addition, the credits to said episode can be found on the Nick.com print of this episode.
- This is the first episode where a character vomits on screen.
- The answers to the word search Mr Krabs had are 'BUCKS', 'CENT', 'CASH', 'MONEY', 'COIN', and 'DOUGH'.
- This episode takes place after "Band Geeks" because while Plankton was helping Squidward play his "golden" (yellow) clarinet, he said "Good thing I spent that last summer in evil band camp!"
- In addition, he played the harmonica in that episode by running to the holes and blowing into them, and here, he's running to the holes in the clarinet and plugging them up while Squidward is playing.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the game "spin the bottle".
- The Genie has a few similarities to Genie from the 1992 film, Aladdin.
- The phrase "for cod's sake" is a play on the blasphemous phrase "for god's sake."
- SpongeBob quotes "Friendship is magical too," possibly a reference to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Plankton quotes 'Izzy Wizzy Let's Get Busy!' is a popular catchphrase from the UK character, Sooty.