SpongeBob holding Spat
|Interests:||Grilling and flipping patties|
|Occupation(s):||Grilling burgers, flipping patties, being held by SpongeBob|
|First appearance:||Help Wanted|
|List of characters|
Spat is an average looking silver spatula who shines quite a bit. There are three holes in the flipping area and the handle is a soft black material. The Spat can withstand burning hot heat, meaning it is made of quite strong material. Spat does not have any buttons or added contraptions but it always gets the job done. It was broken by a Monster Krabby Patty.
When the doctor recommends that SpongeBob get a replacement spatula, he buys a new intelligent spatula named "Le Spatula." Dissatisfied with the food sold at the Krusty Krab, the new spatula runs away. Afterward, SpongeBob returns to the hospital to check on Spat. SpongeBob assumes that Spat died at first, but he was looking at the wrong spatula. The doctor points out that Spat was actually in the infirmary. Due to SpongeBob's betrayal of Spat when he purchased Le Spatula, Spat rejected SpongeBob. When SpongeBob goes back to work, Spat forgives SpongeBob and comes back to him. For the next Monster Krabby Patty, SpongeBob breaks his arms.
Spat has been in most episodes when SpongeBob is working at the Krusty Krab, although Spat's name was not revealed until All that Glitters. SpongeBob uses Spat in the SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis video game to flip objects and gates. In the first episode "Help Wanted," there is a much more sophisticated hydro-dynamic spatula that SpongeBob bought at the Barg'N-Mart. Spat and SpongeBob have been through a lot in the series as it was shown in the flashback: getting things from under the couch, flipping Krabby Patties, flipping SpongeBob to get a tan, loving each other, bonding, playing Ping-Pong, and scratching SpongeBob's back. It was revealed that SpongeBob was attacked by an evil pirate, and Spat actually saved his life. The pirate's sword went right inside Spat's middle oval hole, and SpongeBob swung him over a cliff and defeated him. At the end of the episode, it turns out that the spatula is actually a different spatula and it turns out that Spat made it free to survive.
- In the episode, "Bossy Boots," SpongeBob had Spat for his spatula although at the beginning of the episode he asked Mr. Krabs if the new Spatulas were here. That means that Spat might not have been there the whole time.
- Spat sometimes is shown totally flat, without the 3 holes.
- In "Curse of Bikini Bottom," SpongeBob (being a ghost) went through objects and couldn't hold anything. He actually kills Spat by splitting him in half, and SpongeBob started using Spat's ghost to flip patties. Either Spat came back to life when SpongeBob did, or SpongeBob got a new spatula.
- Spat was gotten rid of twice in the series: once in "Bossy Boots" when Krabby Patties came off the menu and the other time in "Krusty Dogs."
- Spat was not in the first episode featuring the Krusty Krab.
- Squidward held Spat before.
- Spat does not have holes in "Pickles" and "Imitation Krabs," maybe to let viewers see SpongeBob's reflection.
- Spat also comes with a built-in ballpoint pen as seen in the episode "The Original Fry Cook."
- Spat is also the name of an evil hamster in Hamtaro.
- Spat has been broken four times. First in "All That Glitters,"second in "Stanley S. SquarePants," third in "Curse of Bikini Bottom," and fourth in "Evil Spatula."
- Spongebob uses Spat to open gates in level 2 and level 10 in SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis video game.
- Spat's jellion counterpart in "Planet of the Jellyfish" is the only jellion to not have the black eyes the rest of the jellion creatures carried. Though it is possible Jellion Patrick burned Jellion Spat's eyes off while preparing the Krabby Patties at The Krusty Krab.
- Oddly, as shown in the episode "License to Milkshake," Spat is seen in SpongeBob's first picture of his milkshake license. This is odd because Spat is usually left at the Krusty Krab.
- In "Little Yellow Book," Spat is called Fifi, however it is possible that Fifi could have just been a different spatula.