The Flying Dutchman finishes "Eeny-meeny-miny-moe," and Patrick gets the last wish. Squidward says that he does not feel like being trapped here for all eternity, and explains to Patrick the meaning of the word. SpongeBob then says to Patrick that he needs to think harder than ever before. They both start to pressure him. The scene zooms inside Patrick's head, and his brain appears as a toaster. Toast pops out of the toaster when Patrick comes up with an idea. The scene cuts to Patrick chewing gum while SpongeBob and Squidward jump in fear. He then gives a piece of gum to SpongeBob and Squidward and tells them why he wished that: "Well, if we're gonna be here forever, we might as well have fresh breath." Later, we see the Flying Dutchman with a big belly and SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are arguing inside it. The Flying Dutchman says, "Ahh, minty" and the short ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter ["That's you, Patrick. Make your wish."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["Uh..."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["That's not gonna do it! Think harder!"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick trying to think of what to wish for.]
‣ ? [Flying Dutchman grants Patrick his wish.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Patrick's wish granted.]
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick wished for gum]
- This short is available as the ending of Shanghaied on the Sea Stories and The First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This short is one of three "Shanghaied" endings. The kids chose SpongeBob's ending and that ending became the main "Shanghaied" ending for all future airings.
- Unlike the other two endings, the Flying Dutchman with a big belly was not shown in the main ending.
- If you look carefully, Patrick's ending was actually the proper ending. This is because the eeny-meeny-miney-moe segment makes the finger land on SpongeBob before he says, "You are it!" When he says that, it goes to Patrick, then Squidward, then Patrick again.
- This is one of the first episodes where Patrick thinks and he ends up a smoking crater.
- Patrick Star had a toaster as a brain in this short.
- This short premiered one year after SuperSponge was released in the United States.
- When Patrick gives the gum to SpongeBob and Squidward, they don't remove the foil from the gum.