The Flying Dutchman finishes "Eeny-meeny-miny-moe," and Patrick gets the last wish. Squidward says that he does not feel like being trapped in the Flying Dutchman's ship for all eternity, and explains to Patrick the meaning of the word. SpongeBob then says to Patrick that he needs to think harder than ever before. They both start to pressure him, which eventually gives him an idea.
The scene cuts to Patrick chewing gum while SpongeBob and Squidward jump in fear. He then gives a piece of gum to SpongeBob and Squidward and tells them why he wished that: if they were to be trapped on the ship forever, they might as well have fresh breath.
Later, the Flying Dutchman is seen with a big belly and SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are arguing inside of it. The Flying Dutchman says, "Ahh, minty" as the short ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter ["That's you, Patrick. Make your wish."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["Uh..."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["That's not gonna do it! Think harder!"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick tries to think of what to wish for.]
‣ ? [The Flying Dutchman grants Patrick his wish.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Patrick's wish is granted.]
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick wishes for gum.]
- This short is available as the ending of "Shanghaied" on the Sea Stories and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This short is one of three "Shanghaied" endings. The kids chose SpongeBob's ending, which became the main "Shanghaied" ending for all future airings.
- Unlike the other two endings, the Flying Dutchman with a big belly is not shown in the main ending.
- If one were to look carefully, Patrick's ending is actually the proper ending. This is because the "Eeny-meeny-miney-moe" segment makes the finger land on SpongeBob before he says, "You are it!" When he says that, it goes to Patrick, then Squidward, then Patrick again.
- Patrick has a toaster as a brain in this short.
- This short premiered one year after SuperSponge was released in the United States.
- When Patrick gives the gum to SpongeBob and Squidward, they do not remove the foil from it.