"Scavenger Pants" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick on an increasingly difficult scavenger hunt to get them out of his hair.
The episode opens with Squidward dancing to his classical music. SpongeBob and Patrick come in and scare him up the ceiling. Squidward gets down and asks the two why they are in his house. The two reply that they are bored. They then proceed to eat the food in his refrigerator. As Squidward sees them trying to find food, he comes up with an idea, a scavenger hunt.
Squidward first tells them to bring back a desert sandwich, which can only be found in the Bikini Badlands. SpongeBob and Patrick proceed to the desert where they see a tornado coming towards them, which sucks them back to Squidward's house. Out then comes the witch, who makes Squidward a sandwich. The problem is, the sandwich tries to eat Squidward, so Squidward has to lock it up.
He then sends them on another task that he thinks is impossible, which is to bring back the Boxing Begonia, which can only be found deep in the Mariana Trench. SpongeBob and Patrick head towards a deep canyon and they try to go down with a rope attached to a rock. However, SpongeBob's rope is too short, so he asks Patrick if he has one. Patrick says he has one, but he actually unattached it from the rock, causing them to fall to the bottom. They bring back the flower to Squidward, which actually punches him.
Squidward then gives them another task, to bring back the Loch Ness Monster. He claims that it is impossible since it will eat them if they find it. SpongeBob and Patrick travel to a lake faraway with bagpipes to attract it. When SpongeBob plays the bagpipes, it comes to them. Somehow they bring it back alive and Squidward is shocked. Squidward plays the bagpipes, thinking it likes it, but SpongeBob says it hates it, so the monster eats him.
After being released from the digestive tract of the Loch Ness Monster, SpongeBob and Patrick demand some more tasks, so he assigns them a task that is 100% impossible to solve, which is to find his long-lost "brother." He sends them away, hoping they never come back. SpongeBob and Patrick search for the "brother" for months on end, with one attempt going to Squidward's house and thinking that he was the "brother." Many months later, they find Mrs. Tentacles, who tells them Squidward doesn't have any siblings. SpongeBob, saddened that Squidward had to dream of one, then comes up with a plan.
Squidward is then seen playing his clarinet and running and dancing around. While SpongeBob and Patrick were gone, he attached their houses to his and created his own playground. SpongeBob tells Squidward that he and Patrick found his brother, but then Squidward tells them that he doesn't have one. Patrick then tells him he now has two brothers, SpongeBob and himself. It turns out that Mama Tentacles adopted them so they are now one family, as shown when the camera man takes a picture of the new family, which drives Squidward nuts since those two are the bane of his existence.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on August 9, 2017.
‣ Kalua Jubilee
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing while music is played on the turntable.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick dancing while music is played on the turntable.]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick are bored.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Would you like to play scavenger hunt?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Scavenger hunt?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes dictionary out of his head.]
‣ Fresh as a Daisy - George French [Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to find the rare desert sandwich.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward pushes SpongeBob and Patrick out of his house.]
‣ ? [Goodlands.]
‣ ? [Badlands.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick's mouths opened.]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick crawling across the dessert.]
‣ Drama Link - George Van Parys [Tornado approaches SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing again.]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [Tornado at Squidward's house.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Witch?"]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Witch laughs.]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Walter [Witch makes a sandwich.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Oh, looks pretty good."]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [Sandwich attacks Squidward.]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandwich locked up in Squidward's fridge.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees a picture of a flower.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Your next item is the boxing begonia."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run through Squidward's door.]
‣ Mission to Save Earth - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick see the trench in front of them.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, Patrick!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick falls.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick fall into the trench.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Found it!"]
‣ Nutcracker-Dance of the Reed Flutes - Fiachra Trench, Peter Tchaikovsky [Squidward dancing again.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["WHAT?!"]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Boxing begonia? It's beautiful!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Boxing begonia punches Squidward.]
‣ Hit It - Jack Shaindlin [Patrick and SpongeBob as boxing commentators.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How do you keep finding everything?"]
‣ Unknown Track 58 - "You have to keep your skull numb."
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're numbskulls!"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Find the Loch Ness Monster and bring him back alive!"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["Ooh, the Loch Ness Monster!"]
‣ Cut and Thrust - Derrick Mason ["They'll never find it, and if they do, it'll eat them!"]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Couch falls on Squidward.]
‣ Balmoral Highlanders - Frankie Hepburn, Austin Ince [SpongeBob and Patrick boating through the Loch Ness.]
‣ The Great Western Jig - Douglas Pincock [SpongeBob playing bagpipes.]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick see the Loch Ness Monster.]
‣ Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony [Squidward playing the clarinet.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [SpongeBob and Patrick are back at Squidward's house.]
‣ King of the Giants (c) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Squidward sees the Loch Ness Monster.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy ["How did you find it?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XII) - Jeremy Wakefield [One very long digestive tract later...]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Give us another one! Give us another one!"]
‣ Dramatic Episode 2 - Kurt Rehfeld ["Brother..."]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Just one more!"]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["If only you could find my long lost brother."]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Come on, Patrick. We've got some extreme scavenging to do."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm free!"]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick looking for Squidward's brother.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [6 months later...]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick still looking for Squidward's brother.]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric Palmer [Mrs. Tentacles' house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Aw, that's so sad."]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [SpongeBob has a brainstorm.]
‣ I Hate People - Kaz Prapuolenis, Rodger Bumpass, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward dancing in SpongeBob's house.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward, we found your brother."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What are you morons talking about?"]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric Palmer [Mrs. Tentacles tells Squidward she adopted SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's head explodes.]
‣ Holiday Playtime - Cedric Palmer [Ending.]
|| I can turn into a skyscraper!
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding
- As of January 2, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.3/10 based on 55 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 10/10 based on 2 votes.
- Most likely before every Krusty Krab appearance/mentioning and all Mr. Krabs appearances
- Before December, 1998 or 1999
- Takes place for over six months
- One Very Long Digestive Tract Later
- Six months later
- This episode makes a few references to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- SpongeBob and Patrick make their "surprised" faces when they first see the Badlands.
- The trench is very similar to the trench from the movie.
- SpongeBob's voice when he's dried out is just like it is when the Cyclops dries him out with a lamp. This was also referenced in some of other episodes which had SpongeBob inside Sandy's treedome without a water helmet.
- This was Luke Brookshier's first episode for Season 11 and his first as a solo writer as well.
- It is revealed that the reason Squidward doesn't have a brother or sister is that his mother thought Squidward was enough.
- The song "I Hate People" from "SpongeBob's Place" returns in this episode, but instead of Squidward singing it, he plays along on his clarinet.
- This episode may take place before "Help Wanted" because Squidward says he has not heard from SpongeBob or Patrick during the six months they spend searching for Squidward's brother, meaning SpongeBob does not go to work for all that time. This is unlike SpongeBob, meaning he probably is not employed yet.
- The real Mariana Trench is the deepest part of the world's oceans, with a maximum depth of 36,070 ft (10,994 meters) below sea level. In this episode, the Mariana Trench is treated more as an extremely deep canyon.
- This episode premiered eleven years after the Best Day Ever marathon started, six years after "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation" premiered, and one year after SpongeBob Comics No. 62 released.
- The Russian title for this episode is "Ищи, пока не найдешь," which translates to "Search it until you find it."
- It would be impossible for Mrs. Tentacles to legally adopt SpongeBob and Patrick because they are legal adults.
- When SpongeBob opens the door and smashes Squidward and his clarinet, his clarinet is missing by the time he frees himself.
- When Squidward was spinning the Globe multiple times, the Philippines and Japan from the world globe are missing.